Author Topic: Hi From the UK  (Read 19387 times)

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
Hi From the UK
« on: January 01, 2007, 02:38:41 PM »
Hi Guys,

I stumbled across this Site a few days ago while surfing the web in a moment of baldness related insecurity to convince myself that I was happy with the whole hairless situation.  Anyway, I liked it so i thought i would stop on by properly this evening and say hi.  I hope to become a regular poster on here. 

Well anyway, by way of intro, I am 28, from West Yorkshire in the UK and have been losing my hair for probably the last five years of so.  It is only really in the last two years that it has started to bother me. 

I have been getting progressively shorter and shorter until last November while on holiday in Budapest I decided to go the whole hog and get out the Mach 3.  Now if any of you have been to Budapest in November then you will realise that this was a baptism of fire!!

Nonetheless, I fought through people at work talking about it etc etc and I am still doing it to this day. 

I wouldnt say I have arrived at peace with my bald head yet, I still think I am losing it worse than most and spend far too much time trying to convince myself otherwisem but Sites like this help and every day I become more and more comfortable with the total lack of hair on the top and some of the sides of my head. 

Anyway will leave it at that for now as I suspect that is a long first post, but hope to say hi to some of you guys soon.

Take care,

Chris

A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Hi From the UK
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 02:43:31 PM »
Welcome, Argyle!

The Noggin looks good.

Happy New Year!!

spaceape48

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 02:45:02 PM »
Welcome! I'm a newb here myself and only recently did I decided to shave my head as well. I know what you mean about the baldness related insecurity, lol. I'm still getting it from time to time myself.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 02:59:24 PM »
 :) :) :)Welcome, Argyle. I too know what you mean about baldness insecurity, having shaved it all off only on November 4th. It gets less every day, especially with the support and insights of the mates in the SBGs community. My own experience is overwhelmingly positive: my wife loved it from the first, most women respond positively, and I have noticed the bald look becoming more prominent, even mainstream, in academe and the professions. The guys can help with their own reflections and advice on shaving and products. The alternatives--slow natural balding, wigs, the infamous crossover, and transplants--are all less attractive. Follow some of the threads on the site; we've all been there. All best in the new year. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 06:09:00 PM »
welcome to SBG. it looks fine in the pic. if you have any concerns/comments let us know. everyone has been there. we will all be glad to help anyway we can.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

BaldRob

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 06:25:12 PM »
Hi, welcome, and Happy New Year Chris!

You've taken the first step... and as with most of us here, you'll come to terms with the slick noggin fairly quickly!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 06:26:50 PM »
Hi Argyll - the dome looks great!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 10:10:50 AM »
Wow guys thanks for the reponse, when i logged onto this site last night, I wondered how active this community was, I am pleasantly surprised!!

I look forward to becoming an active member and getting to know you guys.
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 11:45:27 AM »
Welcome to the site Chris, from a fellow baldy the other side of the Irish Sea.

Really no need to be worrying about the hair (or lack of) ... going by your pic the look suits you.  What does the missus think? 

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 11:53:26 AM »
Top of the evenin to ya then!! 

The missus says she is pretty happy with it, and in fact cant imagine me with hair.  I am conviced she is just saying that ;) or is it perhaps because i like her trying to persuade me otherwise!!

Anyway she is 17 weeks pregnant with my first child so i guess that is a good sign eh??

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 12:00:40 PM »
I am conviced she is just saying that ;) or is it perhaps because i like her trying to persuade me otherwise!!

My missus likes me shaved, makes me look younger.  It's always a cool "hairstyle" in my opinion.

Anyway she is 17 weeks pregnant with my first child so i guess that is a good sign eh??

Congrats, you dirty dog.

p.s. my missus is also 'up the spout'.  convincing evidence if any is needed of the bald man's studliness.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 01:05:15 PM »
Congrats to both of you!! That's exciting news.  I'll have to remember "up the spout" when my wife gets pregnant.  Though, I'm not sure how she'll take it.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 02:01:40 PM »
Congrats to both of you!! That's exciting news.  I'll have to remember "up the spout" when my wife gets pregnant.  Though, I'm not sure how she'll take it.

Thanks Tyler.  you could also try 'up the pole' or 'up the duff'. Not much better to be honest :)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 02:36:16 PM »
I love some of the expressions from across the pond! Sweet!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 02:54:16 PM »
Welcome to the group, Chris! Don't worry about the head, it's a good look for you.  Congrats to both Chris and Blagadán.  Kids are great.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995