Author Topic: Hi From the UK  (Read 19385 times)

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
Re: Hi From the UK
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2007, 02:14:29 PM »
yeah magma i have kinda come to realise this.  I havent posted in a few days recently because i have been having what you may loosely regard as a bad hair day lol.  This group is so positive and at ease with their baldness that i didnt want to bring my negative feelings on here!! 

It is funny really, my insecurities about baldness are weird.  I dont mind the way it looks from the front in fact i am much better without hair than the curly mess i used to have.  I dont mind it from the back, i am just insanely paranoid sometimes about the way it looks from the side.  This is for two reasons.  One is how far down the side it is balding (I would say about 25%) but the main thing is how it receeds, it kinda goes from my sideburns to above my ear in a diagnol line.  Most of the time if am fine with this, but occasionally just occasionally i get the feeling of mine is going worse then other people's.  I guess i know it isnt true, but sometimes you just feel like a real ugly so and so.  In addition to this, none really gets it unless they have either gone through it or are going through it. 

That said i am back and thought i would log on from a boring conference in Berlin to increase my post count!!
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2007, 02:27:05 PM »
Hey we're here to give each other strength.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2007, 02:36:34 PM »
you are probably the only one that notices. don't be so hard on yourself bro. bald works well for you.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2007, 03:05:20 PM »
This group is so positive and at ease with their baldness that i didnt want to bring my negative feelings on here!! 

I think we're not the best at sharing feelings in our corner of the world.  Don't know if it's the same in the Uk but if you were to share such feelings in Ireland your friends would just take the piss :)

The lads here are sound though so you'd be better off getting it off your chest.  You're not the first and won't be the last to have -ve feelings about balding.

BaldRob

« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2007, 03:14:16 PM »
That said i am back and thought i would log on from a boring conference in Berlin to increase my post count!!

Mmmmmmm.... Frauleins and german beeeeeeeer!  O0 b!3r

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2007, 03:22:02 PM »
Argyle...thanks for sharing...in line with what Paul said...95% of what we're paranoid/worried about just ain't real.

Mmmmmmm.... Frauleins and german beeeeeeeer!  O0 b!3r

Meanwhile....

OOMpapa......oom papa...

tall foamy steins & cleavage, ay?

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2007, 04:38:45 PM »
yeah magma i have kinda come to realise this.  I havent posted in a few days recently because i have been having what you may loosely regard as a bad hair day lol.  This group is so positive and at ease with their baldness that i didnt want to bring my negative feelings on here!! 

It is funny really, my insecurities about baldness are weird.  I dont mind the way it looks from the front in fact i am much better without hair than the curly mess i used to have.  I dont mind it from the back, i am just insanely paranoid sometimes about the way it looks from the side.  This is for two reasons.  One is how far down the side it is balding (I would say about 25%) but the main thing is how it receeds, it kinda goes from my sideburns to above my ear in a diagnol line.  Most of the time if am fine with this, but occasionally just occasionally i get the feeling of mine is going worse then other people's.  I guess i know it isnt true, but sometimes you just feel like a real ugly so and so.  In addition to this, none really gets it unless they have either gone through it or are going through it. 

Good to see you back  :)
I think we all have insecurities about the way we look, with or without hair, I know that I do...whether or not it's harder/easier or different because I'm a woman, I can't say, but you're not alone in the way that you feel. I have days when I feel real ugly and don't wanna look anyone in the eye, then there's other day's when I feel fantastic, and like someone said in a thread before, it has a lot to do with confidence. From what I can see of your photo, I think you look great   ;)
Obviously, I can't say about having a bald head, well, stating the obvious, I don't happen to have one, but the attitudes and confidence of the guys on here will rub off on you in no time, I'm sure. Be confident with the way you look Argyle, cos you look fine to me  :)

mmmm, german sausage... ;D
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington