Author Topic: Finally putting HeadBlade to rest.  (Read 14833 times)

jusbnme

Finally putting HeadBlade to rest.
« on: March 24, 2007, 09:45:09 AM »
Has anyone else out there that is either a hardcore HeadBlader, or that has just been using it for a while come to the realization that maybe it's not that great of a product for shaving.  But maybe we just don't want to admit it or give up on it because it's kind of like being a part of some "neat" thing.  Kind of like when us guys have our little gadgets and toys that really we can't think of why we have them in the first place but we just have to have them.  Did that make sense?  Hope so.  Anyway, I'm not to proud to admit that I think that's why I wanted to try it in the first place and that's the reason I have been trying to hang on to it this long.  It's kind of neat.  I mean look at it.  You know.  Plus check out that logo.  "Cool, I want in on this and to be a part of it."  But honestly after the past few months of trying to use it I have been putting my head through torture.  Now going with the grain it's not too bad.  But it doesn't get that smooth feeling I want unless I go against the grain.  But when I go against it with the HB I can never get a comfortable shave.  Don't get me wrong, I do understand as I have stated in another post that everyone's body is different.  It may just be for me that the HeadBlade will never work no matter what I do.  So I can understand it working for others and them liking the finished product.  I was just posting this for anyone else that may have been having the same problems with it.  But anyway, I am finally putting the "neat" factor behind me and putting the HeadBlade to rest.  If you will excuse me now I have a funeral to attend for my HeadBlade and it's products.  In comes the sad dramatic music.   :'( :-[ :-\
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 10:25:59 PM by Lance »

BaldRob

Re: Finally putting HeadBlade to rest.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 11:07:07 AM »
I can honestly say that the HeadBlade gives me a far superior shave than a regular razor...  with or against the grain.

I'm a razor snob... I always look for the most comfortable shave and the HB does that on my head.  The fusion works wonders for my face, but doesn't get near as close on the head.

Everyone is different and each product will work better for some than others...  Just keep shaving with what works best for you!  O0

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 11:40:48 AM »
I agree with Rob, I too think know that I get a better more comfortable and closer shave, with the HeadBlade. I've been shaveing my head for about ten years now, and it wasn't untill last year that I discovered the HeadBlade, thanks to a friend of mine ( Dave ) known as Drackare on here. But before the HeadBlade, I've tried just about every razor out there. For shaveing my face I use the Fusion, because I find the HeadBlade too awkward, to use ( On My Face ). But as far as shaveing my Head, the HeadBlade wins hands down.
But I'm curious, which razor do you use for your head and face?
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 12:45:13 PM »
I can honestly say that the HeadBlade gives me a far superior shave than a regular razor...  with or against the grain.

I'm a razor snob... I always look for the most comfortable shave and the HB does that on my head.  The fusion works wonders for my face, but doesn't get near as close on the head.

Everyone is different and each product will work better for some than others...  Just keep shaving with what works best for you!  O0

Church!  h3ry3

Bald Rob is Right, it does not matter what everyone else is using as  much as it matters what is solid for you.  I still have memories of the Narley shaving job that I got from the Mach 3 when I used that to shave my head.  I never was smooth, there was always a little of the Velcro Effect working, the shave was spotty.  I got completely smooth only after adopting the HeadBlade as part of my morning routine.  I swear by the tool.  At the same time, it all depends on what works for you, use whats comfortable to you.  Remember, we are (mostly) all here for one reason, that is that we adopted the Bald look because we just wanted to be straight up and Sly...

A Shave Routine is like a fingerprint, its unike to every one of us, but a shared ritual by all and that is what brings us together. 
Peace

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 01:28:05 PM »
Do what works best for you Lance.  Most of the threads on here deal with the fact that we all want the closest, longest lasting shave we can get.  If you can't get it with one product, then use what is going to be best for you.  While I have had a little problem with the HB blades lately, I am extremely happy with the shave from my HeadBlade.  It seems to fit the contours and odd spots that I had problems with, with regular razors.  I do have Taps in both the Bugle and Bag Pipe arrangments if you want it for the funeral.  My sympathies. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 02:04:53 PM »
I was thinking of trying the headblade but doubted whether it could get closer than my fusion or not i.e. 3 blades vs 5.  Fusion works great for me, HD works for some of the other boys.  As the lads say, whatever works best for you stick with it.

jusbnme

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 02:54:06 PM »
But I'm curious, which razor do you use for your head and face?

I've started using my old Mach 3.  The non-powered one.  I do have a powered Mach 3 that I had tried right before I started using the HeadBlade but I found that it wasn't letting me get as close of a shave as the older model.  I talked more into this on another thread under "head shaving" but to try and make a long story short I was thinking that because of the vibration going to the blades it might have been making the shave less effective.  I don't know.  But it works for me bro.  Other than that I've started using a line of products from Neutrogena for men called "Razor Defense." 

jusbnme

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 03:03:27 PM »
Thanks for all the supportive feedback guys.  I definitely respect everyone's opinion.  Peace.

Offline Cy

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »
The Headblade is neato but I stopped using it for similar reasons. On the other hand, Headslick/lube/shed work rather well for me so I regularly use those.... but with a Mach3 or Quattro.

BaldRob

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 05:24:39 PM »
Hey Lance

One question for you on your shaving routine with the headblade... do you shave at the sink or in the shower?

I'm a shower shaver and never have any issues like yours...  If you're a sink shaver, try the HB in the shower sometime...

jusbnme

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 06:39:18 PM »
Hey Lance

One question for you on your shaving routine with the headblade... do you shave at the sink or in the shower?

I'm a shower shaver and never have any issues like yours...  If you're a sink shaver, try the HB in the shower sometime...

I hear you bro.  I'm a sink shaver.  I've noticed on some other posts that other guys shave in the shower.  I'll give it a try and see how it works.  Thanks man. 

Offline medicineman

• Head shaver/Beard grower
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 08:22:46 PM »
Lance, I put down my HB S4 for the same reasons you stated.  Nothing wrong with moving on and finding just the right razor for you.  For me it is the Fusion all the way.  I do however love all the other HB products.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 08:32:57 PM »
Hey Lance

I hear you bro.  I'm a sink shaver.  I've noticed on some other posts that other guys shave in the shower.  I'll give it a try and see how it works.  Thanks man. 

Lance, I've been a sink shaver too and getting similar results. BaldRob said that the Bed,Bath& Beyond chain in supposed to have good mirrors for the shower, you might want to try that.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 08:39:08 PM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 09:05:43 PM »
I'm afraid I am going to have to agree with Lance.

jusbnme

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 10:27:13 PM »
Lance, I've been a sink shaver too and getting similar results. BaldRob said that the Bed,Bath& Beyond chain in supposed to have good mirrors for the shower, you might want to try that.

Thanks for the info bro.  I would like to check into that.   O0
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 10:29:58 PM by Lance »