Author Topic: Finally putting HeadBlade to rest.  (Read 14832 times)

jusbnme

Re: Finally putting HeadBlade to rest.
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 10:31:11 PM »
I'm afraid I am going to have to agree with Lance.

Thanks for the support bro.  I was getting lonely out here.   ;D ;)  Just kidding.   :D

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 06:07:11 PM »
This thread made me do some thinking and I couldn't remember what shaving my head with my Fusion was like.. so today, I gave it another try. That didn't last long and my headblade was back in my hand. The Headblade gives me the best and fastest shave that I could ask for. But, to each his own, I just love my Headblade!

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 03:24:13 AM »
This thread made me do some thinking and I couldn't remember what shaving my head with my Fusion was like.. so today, I gave it another try. That didn't last long and my headblade was back in my hand. The Headblade gives me the best and fastest shave that I could ask for. But, to each his own, I just love my Headblade!

I'm with the Funnel Weaver.  I love the shave that I get with the Headblade.  I've only used the classic and I'm quite pleased with the results. O:O

Offline Christian

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2007, 04:30:02 AM »
I have to agree with you Lance.
I tried the HeadBlade several times now but I always have some problems with it. Razor Burn, razor bumps etc.

I switched to Fusion and I get the best results with it. Shaving at the sink against the grain.
I am shaving now every other day to keep the smooth look and it works fine for me. Still suing the other HeadBlade products like lube and slick. They are the best imo.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 07:20:47 AM »
Hey Lance

One question for you on your shaving routine with the headblade... do you shave at the sink or in the shower?

I'm a shower shaver and never have any issues like yours...  If you're a sink shaver, try the HB in the shower sometime...

I hear you bro.  I'm a sink shaver.  I've noticed on some other posts that other guys shave in the shower.  I'll give it a try and see how it works.  Thanks man. 

Hey Lance, the end result (a smooth. sly dome without nicks) is the most important thing. How you get there is entirely your choice. I would have to agree with Bald Rob. HeadBlade + Shower = Awesome shave. I've tried the HB at the sink, and it's not nearly as effective as it is in the shower. I find the head clogs easier and the water pressure of the showerhead makes unclogging a breeze. Plus, your dome stays warm in the shower, which makes the razor (whatever razor) glide over your dome.

To each their own but for the Schro, HeadBlade Classic rocks!

Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 07:24:15 AM »
I was a sink shaver for quite a while. Once I started shaving in the shower, I became a HeadBlade fanatic!  :@` There is no denying that the shower made all the difference.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline iBald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 10:40:02 AM »
Shower user too... Don't really need a miror, just use your fingers.

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2007, 07:40:21 PM »
Just tried the Headblade for the first time in the shower.  Smoothest shave I've had yet.  Gotta put myself in favor of the Headblade. :)

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2007, 07:52:01 PM »
Need that Mirrior... Maybe its the fact that I prefere to watch where the Razor is traveling, or the fact that I just enjoy watching the act go down... or maybe its just that I enjoy looking at my sly self in the mirrior  8)  I guess I will never know :*))
Peace

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 08:15:38 PM »
Need that Mirrior... Maybe its the fact that I prefere to watch where the Razor is traveling, or the fact that I just enjoy watching the act go down... or maybe its just that I enjoy looking at my sly self in the mirrior  8)  I guess I will never know :*))

I find myself asking those same questions daily. I love the mirror, lol.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2007, 09:46:21 PM »
I think all us SBG's have the same mirror.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2007, 11:19:34 PM »
I do it by touch.  Too lazy to use a mirror!

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2007, 03:08:06 AM »
Have to have a mirror.  I need to get a fogless one for the shower.   :-[

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2007, 07:10:32 AM »
I prefer to look in the mirror as little as possible, for two reasons really. First, is that I really don't like looking in the mirror at all. I wanna kick that ugly SOB's ass every time I see him. Second is that I already have enough bad luck as it is, I don't need more.

Not really, I just do it all by touch in the shower and only use a mirror to shave my face.

That's my one off weirdo post of the day.  :px :/O :D
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

chadoweasel

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2007, 08:35:18 AM »
I agree Lance. You took the words out of my mouth.

I TRY to like the HB because its the neato item made just for head shavers, but I don't use it. It just sits there waiting for a FUSION blade adapter so I can blow the dust off it and try it again. So far there has been no blade that shaves anywhere close, and with no nicks or irritation, as the Fusion blade. For me, thats what works.

If I ever complain about the HB, its because I hope the makers of it hear me and say....'yeah, we should make a Fusion adapter'  ;)

Enter your email address: