Author Topic: Finally putting HeadBlade to rest.  (Read 14830 times)

jusbnme

Re: Finally putting HeadBlade to rest.
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2007, 04:21:43 AM »
I know I started this whole thread up but since then I have given the HB a few more tries and have finally mastered it.  I even have started using it about a week ago to shave my face after doing a little experiment.  I tried shaving half my face with the HB and half with my old Mach 3.  Neither side looked any different from the other and both sides grew back in just as quick as they other.  So now I have my routine down.  I shave my dome and face in the shower using only the HB.  I shave my face first so that the HeadSlick can sit on the dome for a bit longer.  I haven't had any problems using the HB on my face.  Other than the HB being awkward on my first several tries I also thought in the beginning that it was going to be a more expensive razor to use.  But now after trying many different razors and products I find that it is actually the least expensive out of anything I have ever tried.  Even having to order the HeadClear and HeadShed off the web every now and then.  "A little goes a long way" with all the HB products so your really getting more "bang for your buck."  And as far as the razor itself goes...You only spend a one time fee for the HB then if you buy the generic cartridges such as the knock off atras you save a ton of money.  I can get a 15 pack of generic atras at my local store for around $5.  You can't beat that.  So like I said, even though I started this thread which sort of bashed the HB once I gave it a little more time I've come to love it.  Some will find you definitely have to have patience with this product.   

AirborneShave

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2007, 06:20:10 PM »
The headblade itself didn't impress me that much.  But, HeadSlick, to me, is a great product.  The glossy HeadLube didn't do much for me, but the matte moisturizer works well enough...but so do a million cheaper moisturizers.  The result is the core concern though...ain't nothin' like a shaved head.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2007, 12:39:20 PM »
Airborne, the thing that you aught to look at is how you are getting the results, not just the results.  HeadBlade Pruducts are Cruelty Free, devoid of extra ingrediants, & they support the concept that the shave is a Lifestyle, not just a hairstyle. 

Alot of cheaper products are good and deliver results, but I have found that the results are not really as good, & the fact that the products are tested on animals gives me a dirty concience.  I mean, I believe that ladies should shave their beavers; but by the same token, these products should not be tested on beavers out of respect for the majestic animal. 

Its the fact that HeadBlade has the best product I have found... Does not clog your pores, keeps your scalp supple & soft to the touch [important to be soft for your ladies' fingers]... the fact that they are Cruelty Free puts me over the top.
Peace

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2007, 01:17:02 PM »
When I first started head shaving, I started by killing my electric, then went to my Mach III, then to the Headblade.  The old Remington died after only a few days and I used the Mach III until the HB got to me. 
I have tendonitis in both my shoulders so when using a regular razor, my shoulders cramp up on me and I have a helluva time shaving the back of my head.  The HB is just what I needed.  I adapted to it immediately and have only nicked myself a couple of times since getting it in late January and those times were due to being too cheap to put a new blade on  :-[
The headblade rocks my bean  ;)
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

jusbnme

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2007, 08:34:25 PM »
Airborne, the thing that you aught to look at is how you are getting the results, not just the results.  HeadBlade Pruducts are Cruelty Free, devoid of extra ingrediants, & they support the concept that the shave is a Lifestyle, not just a hairstyle. 

Alot of cheaper products are good and deliver results, but I have found that the results are not really as good, & the fact that the products are tested on animals gives me a dirty concience.  I mean, I believe that ladies should shave their beavers; but by the same token, these products should not be tested on beavers out of respect for the majestic animal. 

Its the fact that HeadBlade has the best product I have found... Does not clog your pores, keeps your scalp supple & soft to the touch [important to be soft for your ladies' fingers]... the fact that they are Cruelty Free puts me over the top.

I'm with you on the cruelty free aspect bro.  O0