Author Topic: Finally putting HeadBlade to rest.  (Read 14831 times)

jusbnme

Re: Finally putting HeadBlade to rest.
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2007, 12:05:30 PM »
I agree Lance. You took the words out of my mouth.

I TRY to like the HB because its the neato item made just for head shavers, but I don't use it. It just sits there waiting for a FUSION blade adapter so I can blow the dust off it and try it again. So far there has been no blade that shaves anywhere close, and with no nicks or irritation, as the Fusion blade. For me, thats what works.

If I ever complain about the HB, its because I hope the makers of it hear me and say....'yeah, we should make a Fusion adapter'  ;)

I'm with you all the way on the Fusion.  O0  I actually have a Fusion power, Mach 3 power, Mach 3 non-power, and a HeadBlade.  I've probably spent way too much money on head shaving products in the past year or so than I should have.  But hey, how do you know what works best for you if you don't experiment.  Anyway, like I was saying I got my Fusion out this morning that I had been using before the HeadBlade.  It did give me a great shave with no irritation or nicks at all.  The only problem I have with the Fusion is the cost of refills.  That's why I had started using my old Mach 3 again at first when I gave up on the HB this last time.  But the Fusion felt so good this morning I'm just not sure yet.  I've got another couple good shaves to go with this last cartridge for the Fusion.  If I keep getting this comfortable of a shave every time, like the one I got this morning, I may have to just spend the extra money.  I also tried out a new shave gel and  after shave balm that seems to work for me better also.  So I may have finally found the best shave for me between the combination of the new shaving products I'm using and the Fusion.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2007, 12:56:59 PM »
Hey Lance, have you tried the Fusion Power and the regular Fusion?  I'm asking because I see a TON of Fusion Power blades on eBay.  More so than the regular Fusion blades, so I've been thinking of switching to the Fusion Power for my face.  Here's a link to a search on eBay for the Fusion Blades: Link to Fusion Blades on eBay
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline TXFergie

• Sly Jr.
  • TXFergie on Day two of being shorn
    • TXFergie's MySpace Page!!
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2007, 12:58:27 PM »
I am still relatively new to all of this, but in my short time I've tried four basic methods - razor/sink, razor/shower, HB/sink, and HB/shower. I've found that my two closest shaves are the razor/sink and HB/shower. I agree that takes getting used to with not using a mirror - I do it by touch in the shower, then touch up with a razor around the ears when I get out. I can't say that I'm 100% behind HB or 100% behind a Mach 3 (which is my standard razor). I can say that whatever I do it's my choice - as long as I keep it sly!!

For everyone, there is not right or wrong product as long as it works for you, because everyone is different. Just keep it sly!!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2007, 01:01:12 PM »
For everyone, there is not right or wrong product as long as it works for you, because everyone is different. Just keep it sly!!!!

Exactly!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

jusbnme

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2007, 01:29:44 PM »
I agree with you bros.  No right or wrong way.  Just keep it sly. 

Thanks for the info Tyler.  O0 I'll check that out.  I am using the Fusion power. 

Offline BulletHead

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2007, 01:58:04 PM »
The Headblade and I just never worked well together.

Offline Jim80

• Sly
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2007, 05:36:21 PM »
The Headblade and I just never worked well together.

I totally agree with u bullethead, I kept cutting myself with the HB, I use a generic disposable razor on my head now and I switch back and forth from shower to sink and I can never find a happy median that finds a smoother shave.

Offline Tbone

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2007, 04:35:11 AM »
Ive been thinking of buying a heablade and probably will just to try it. I'm addicted to shaving daily with my Mach3 Turbo. I think shaving cream/gel messes with my skin so I've been using it in the shower and its working out. To each his own. Got to by the headblade simply because of it's neat factor though.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2007, 07:13:22 AM »
Glad you want to give the HeadBlade a try.  Be sure to check out the HeadBlade 101 video, there is some great info on there.  I was a Mach Three Turbo guy but have found that for me at least the HB with the HeadSlick gets closer and stays slick longer. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2007, 07:21:04 AM »
Being sly is the most important thing to remember (even above anniversarys, birthdays, and appointments with the marriage counselor after forgetting the first two things).

However, I find the HeadBlade the easiest & most effective way to a smooth, clean dome (and I even use the outdated "Classic" model). All you need to do is keep the pressure on the back part of the HB (away from the razor) and "comb" your dome from front to back. If you apply the pressure to the front of the HB (razor), it HB will "wheelie" and you will nick yourself.

Enjoy your Friday.
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline mikesj

• Sly
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2007, 08:15:27 AM »
Tried HeadBlade for the first time yesterday....had been using a Mach 3. At first seemed a little awkward but finally got the hang of it. Used it by the sink, will try the shower today. Shave seemed closer and faster with Head Blade. I am very pleased with the other Head Blade products....Head Shed, Head Slick and Head Lube.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2007, 10:04:11 AM »
For me it's Headblade S4 in the shower with a wall-mounted mirror.  I can't find anything that gives me better results.  For all of us, the key is to find what works and stick with it.  The fun is in figuring what that combination is.  By the way, anyone who is burying their Headblades -- hold on to it, and perhaps you can convince another person to shave, and you can let them use yours to try it out (obviously not with your blade; that would be gross).
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2007, 10:25:28 AM »
I love the HB, but my problem area is the dimple on the back of my head that requires a counter-clockwise shave.  I get a lot of irritation there because of all the passes I have to make to get at the stubble, so I may start saving that area for the Mach 3 or get a fogless mirror so I can see where I'm at.

Offline Dtopford

• Sly
  • after the shave
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2007, 10:30:54 AM »
I know that I am trying the Headblade for the first time today up till now it was the mach three
But the Mach I don't think gets as close as I like unless it is absolutly a fresh blade

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2007, 06:46:43 PM »
I know that I am trying the Headblade for the first time today up till now it was the mach three
But the Mach I don't think gets as close as I like unless it is absolutly a fresh blade

I used the Mach 3 for the first shave through the fifth... NEVER AGAIN! never got close enough, it was tough to keep the shave consistant over the entire head, and I would nic and cut the F&^K out of my ears [OOOUUUCCCHHHHHH!!!! D@^^]... Never Again.  Great on the Face, But its HeadBlade Trips for this dome!
Peace