Author Topic: Panasonic linear wet/dry!!!!!!!!  (Read 20778 times)

Offline mouse404

• Sly Jr.
Panasonic linear wet/dry!!!!!!!!
« on: April 22, 2009, 08:56:19 PM »
just got mine in the mail today along with some total shaving solution and all i can say is WOW.

i had just started shaving my head last week. i was using the mach 3 turbo..but wasnt really ever satisfied, when i used the panasonic today, i literally dont feel ANY stuble.

only complaint i have is when i was all done and put my bump patrol on my head felt like it was on fire....i might have been shaving too hard and long without wetting my head again...idk..ill find out but the results as far as a close shave are almost PERFECT.

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
Re: Panasonic linear wet/dry!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 08:59:17 PM »
thank you for sharing Mouse!!!  I will receive mine very soon  !B@ and it's encouraging to hear positive comments.

GASlick

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 09:45:38 PM »
Thanks for the review.  I've been shaving with a Fusion and would love to get the same results from something like that.  May have to try one.

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 03:48:29 AM »
As a long time user of the Linear I can tell you that you should keep your head wet at all times.  My typical routine is: wet and wash my head while showering.  Apply shaving oil and gel, leave it on a few minutes before shaving.

The Linear shaves so close and the blades move so fast that it is possible to cause irritation if you're not careful.

I'm not sure what's in Bump Patrol, but if there's any alcohol it will probably burn after an intense shave with the Linear.  With practice you'll learn to shave smooth without irritation from too many passes or too much pressure.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline mouse404

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 10:26:18 AM »
thanks simplyred.

question...how do you clean your panasonic? do u do what the booklet says, i didnt have any liquid soap so i just used water but it didnt seem to work that well.

all i could think of after shaving my head with the panasonic is "i hope this thing never breaks!".  thats how good the panasonic shaves.

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 11:43:48 AM »
Get yourself a small bottle of Dawn dishwash liquid.  Just use a few drops in a coffee cup or small glass with very hot water.  Soak the foil and the plastic piece that holds the foil for a few minute, remove and rinse with very hot water.  Now submerge the blades (uncovered) into the soapy water and turn on the shaver for just a few seconds.  Rinse with very hot water.  You can follow-up with an alcohol rinse if you want to sanitize the parts.

I rinse the foil (off the shaver) and the blades several times during the course of my shave.  Gets rid of the excess hair and soap during your shave so your razor doesn't clog up.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Iggy

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 03:26:34 PM »
Hey Guys - Just picked up the Panasonic!  I use an electric on my face so wanted to try one on my dome too.  The razors always give me irritation on my face and I don't get any from an electric.

Anyway, I have sensitive skin and only use non pore clogging stuff on my face, so I'm wondering if I use the panasonic in the shower - do I need to use some type of oil or shaving cream with it?  Does it make it that much better?

I'd really like to stay away from oils, so would a shaving cream work? And what do you do - just spread the shaving cream all over your head and shave normally through the cream?

Has anyone tried the Panasonic with nothing in the shower - just straight up?

Thanks!

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 03:41:04 PM »
Iggy, I would not use the Panasonic shaver against my skin with no lubrication at all.  The blades shave very close and I think it would be too intense.  Here's my routine:

OK, if you can invest about 30 minutes in your shave here's my routine:

OK, here goes.  I'm not one of those people who has ever shaved their head in five minutes.  I believe that pre-shave prep and post-shave treatment goes into making a highly successful shave.

Get into shower, wash head with St. Ives Exfoliant (every other day only) otherwise, wash head with the cleanser of your choice.  Right now I'm using Citizen Smooth Head Cleanser.  Smells great!

Apply Mario Badescu Pre-Shave Conditioner, then King of Shaves MagnaGel.  Leave on while washing all your other bits 

Shave head completely with the Panasonic Linear electric.  Keep head reasonably wet, but don't wash off too much of the gel.  Run the Linear all over your head in every direction that the hair grows.  Keep a good pressure on the razor, but don't bear down to heavily.

Apply more MagnaGel.  Now shave against the grain with the Gillette Fusion (or the razor of your choice).  Rinse, wash head and face with the facial cleanser of your choice.  I'm using Men Science at the moment.  Rinse, then do a cold water rinse before getting out of the shower.

Pat dry.  Apply Thayers Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera liberally.  Let air dry.  Now ice cube rub and another cold water rinse.  Pat dry.  Let air dry again.  Apply Origins Firefighter.  Let air dry.  Apply a good moisturiser before leaving the house.  I'm using Origins Organic or Mario Badescu After Shave Balm presently.  Yes, I am a product 'ho.  I'm always trying different moisturisers.  Start to finish, about 30 minutes.  While you're waiting on all these 'air dry' sessions brush your teeth, or whatever other daily routines you need to do.

That's it!   :o

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 06:28:12 PM »
Holy Hell Red....that makes me tired just reading that!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 06:32:41 PM »
Holy Hell Red....that makes me tired just reading that!

Ha ha, it's not as work intensive as it sounds.  On the up side, it does give an incredibly smooth, irritation-free shave.

Red

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 07:02:44 PM »
I suppose if you're trying to avoid irritation, you need to do all those steps. 
When I use my linear, I just clean my scalp with a good cleansing soap or shampoo, apply some Headslick shave cream, shave, rinse and apply something nice for my skin, like Bald Guyz Moisture Gel.  ^-^

Offline Jeff011n

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 03:11:27 PM »
What is the model number? I am not familar with this razor

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 03:38:11 PM »
What is the model number? I am not familar with this razor

My old one is an ES8043, the new one is an ES8243.

Red

Offline Jeff011n

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 06:54:40 AM »
Which one is better?

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 06:59:23 AM »
Which one is better?

My old one is an ES8043, the new one is an ES8243.

They're both great electrics.  Spring for the extra ~$50 and get the new generation ES8243.  It has an additional row of blades the ES8043 doesn't have.

Red

Enter your email address: