Author Topic: Panasonic linear wet/dry!!!!!!!!  (Read 20777 times)

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
Re: Panasonic linear wet/dry!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2009, 08:48:39 AM »
Hey Brett, good to hear you are enjoying the panasonic  O0
I have used it many times over the course of the last 2 months and
like you said I can go much faster and press much more pressure on it.
It's great.

Offline skipintexas

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2009, 12:17:37 PM »
just got mine in the mail today along with some total shaving solution and all i can say is WOW.

i had just started shaving my head last week. i was using the mach 3 turbo..but wasnt really ever satisfied, when i used the panasonic today, i literally dont feel ANY stuble.

only complaint i have is when i was all done and put my bump patrol on my head felt like it was on fire....i might have been shaving too hard and long without wetting my head again...idk..ill find out but the results as far as a close shave are almost PERFECT.

Mouse,

Thanks for starting this post! I've been thinking about going to an electric for a while now, and am just about sold on the Panasonic 8243.  I wanted to ask where you purchased your Panasonic and more importantly where you managed to find the Total Shaving Solution?  I haven't been able to find it, and I hear great reviews about it.  Amazon used to handle it but now it's not on their website.  I LOVE the video and instructions on Allaboutshaving.com, but I've written to their customer service address 3 times and can't even get a response.  I just noticed today that there hasn't been any update to the site since around August last year.

Any suggestions or advice on the Total Shaving Solution would be very appreciated!

Thanks again!
Skip

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2009, 12:41:59 PM »
Hey Skip,

I have a Panasonic ES8243 that's just a few weeks old.  I bought mine from Amazon.  I've been using the Panasonic for over a year.  My first one was an ES8043.

IMHO, the Total Shaving Solution oil is no big deal.  In fact, I wouldn't doubt that it's just Shave Secret packaged as TSS.  It smells the same as Shave Secret.  There are lots of great shaving oils out there.  My fav is King of Shaves Kinexium.  I buy it through AmericaRX.com.

Happy Head Shaving,

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline skipintexas

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2009, 01:11:24 PM »
Thanks Red, your posts are a big reason I'm leaning toward the Panasonic.  You're the Panasonic guru!!   O0

I am thinking the 8243 because I've heard that the 4 blade systsm really does make a difference versus their 3 blade.  And right now Amazon is selling it at $119 plus free shipping.  I was hoping for a little cheaper but I can't seem to beat that price. 

As far as the oils I have to agree with you on the Shave Secret.  The oil does it's job, but that clove scent just doesn't do it for me.  I like the fact that the Pacific only has a very little scent, kind of a "citric" thing...and it doesn't last long at all. 

It matters to me because I travel a lot on business, and when I'm on the road I've been using my shave oil as an after-shave moisturizer instead of carrying anything else.  So I really hate having to deal with the scent of clove for most of the day, especially in meetings.  :-[

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2009, 01:19:54 PM »
If I were you I'd stick with the Pacific because of the easy to use plastic squeeze bottle.  The Anthony and Art of Shaving oils are in glass.

Yes the four blade system is superior to the three.  My ES8043 is the three blade system.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline skipintexas

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2009, 08:50:42 AM »
Hi again Red!

Ok, so I finally heard back from customer support at "allaboutshaving.com", in fact the response was from the owner himself. (He's the guy in their video showing how to use the Panasonic in the shower to shave your head.)  His thoughts on the 4 blade system vs. the 3 blade were:

"I'm sure the new Panasonic 4 blade shavers are great but if you're 
going to use it primarily for shaving your head I recommend sticking 
to the 8077s if it's still available, which I think it is. The reason 
is the new shavers have a slightly curved foil/blade assembly vs. the 
straight foil/blade assembly on the 8077. I've tried the curved ones 
before, they're ideal for face shaving but not so much for head shaving.

So look for a model with these two features - linear motor and a 
straight foil/blade assembly - and you can't go wrong. "

So because I have learned so much from this forum, and especially from your posts on the Panasonic and head shaving I wanted to share the quote above and ask your thoughts.  I want to use the Panasonic on my head but I would really like to shave my face with it as well.  Have you tried your new 8243 on your face at all?  Do you think there a difference, or does your older 8043 shave your face any differently then the newer 8243? 

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2009, 09:52:20 AM »
I can only compare the foils on my two Panasonics with the picture I picked up on Amazon.

ES8077

ES8043

ES8243

I would still go with the ES8243, as the foil has 25% more shaving area.  I can see no difference at all between the ES8077 and the ES8043.

Red

Offline skipintexas

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2009, 01:17:26 PM »
Thanks once again Red...

I think I'm with you.  I've looked all over the internet and even Panasonic's website.  Obviously I can see the 4 blades vs. the 3, but I can't for the life of me see what 'curve" the new blades are supposed to have.  Panasonic uses the term "Arc" in the name of the new shaver, but their website doesn't seem to explain what it means or tell what's arc-ed. 

Basically everyting I am reading talks about Panasonic adding the 4th blade, but I don't see where anything seems to be more curved on the 8243 then it does on the previous models.

Thanks again Red...you sir, ROCK!
Skip

Offline otaku30

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2009, 01:14:40 PM »
I have now done two shaves using a ES8243A I got in last week from Amazon.  I think I'm in love with the new razor.  :D

My goto combination up till this point was a Gillette Fusion, Origins Easy Slider shave oil and Bald Guyz shave gel.

First run was thursday night - four days of growth on the head since I was a bit lazy this last week.  I was a bit disappointed with the Bald Guyz shave gel in this case - had to do a couple applications to keep things sliding along.

Second shave was this morning using King Of Shaves Alphaoil and Headblade HeadSlick - bang up combo - slicker then snot.

Both times I got better, smoother shaves then with the fusion blade with less irritation.  No more problem areas on the head like on the back of my neck. Shave was slightly faster - about 10 minutes total shaving time according to the built in timer instead of about 15 using a blade.

This may actually get me to start shaving every day instead of every couple days.

Great product.  O0

Offline stoic1975

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2009, 04:00:15 PM »
hey everyone,

I'm been using the panasonic for a week now and I LOVE it. 

I've learned one thing:  Don't use the lock position unless you're prepared for some razor burn.  I put it on lock a couple days ago and then proceeded to press too hard.  Ouch.

Back to soft and it's perfect again!

thanks Red for suggesting to me the 8243.

Brett

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2009, 12:52:31 AM »
Red, I hope your getting commision from Panasonic??  O0

ycartt

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2009, 11:28:23 AM »
Wow.  I just checked in on this site after taking some time off from it and came across this topic.  Electric shaver on the head?  Really?  Are you using a shaving cream with it?  Does it make that much of a difference for a daily head shaver?

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2009, 04:50:26 AM »
Wow.  I just checked in on this site after taking some time off from it and came across this topic.  Electric shaver on the head?  Really?  Are you using a shaving cream with it?  Does it make that much of a difference for a daily head shaver?

Electric shaver on the head?  Sure.  I use a pre-shave conditioner under King of Shaves MagnaGel.  You could use a good pre-shave oil under a gel as well.  Most of us electric users are shaving with the Panasonic Linear ES Series.  If you'd like my complete shave routine PM me.

Red

Offline tyrspawn

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2009, 01:16:58 AM »
wtf you guys are using the panasonic linear to shave your head on a daily basis as a substitute for a blade? You put shaving cream/gel/oil on just as you would with a razor? And it comes out just as good? Never heard of something like that being possible... I may have to pick one of these up.

Offline DogStar Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
    • DogStar Training Systems
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2009, 04:59:23 PM »
Just like with a razor I find using ONLY an oil with my Panasonic works as well.

I haven't locked down yet on my head shaving technique but I am getting good at it.
Been close to two months now. I shave on average 5-6 days a week.

Enter your email address: