Author Topic: Panasonic linear wet/dry!!!!!!!!  (Read 20782 times)

benmcd

Re: Panasonic linear wet/dry!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 09:18:20 AM »
Just bought the ES7109 Wet/Dry shaver.. comes with the cleaning unit and also a small battery operated travel wet/dry. So far I like it, it is far from the top of the line but at AUD$180.00 it was not expensive. Love the travel razor for those touch ups. 

Offline honestjohnny

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2009, 08:44:00 PM »
Hey, Red.  How is the Panasonic on the face? I've started using my Norelco on the head again, but it's just too irritating on my face.  I'd like to get my accouterments down to shave oil, foam, exfoliant, shower gel, shaver, pouf.  I'm a low-maintenance dude!

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 01:45:28 AM »
Hey, Red.  How is the Panasonic on the face? I've started using my Norelco on the head again, but it's just too irritating on my face.  I'd like to get my accouterments down to shave oil, foam, exfoliant, shower gel, shaver, pouf.  I'm a low-maintenance dude!

You know, I've never actually used my Panasonic on my face.  I always shave with my Schick eXtreme 3.  I'll give it a try this morning and report back to you.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 03:18:09 PM »
I tried the panasonic on my face a few days ago.  Man, it was a disgrace!! lol  I don't know
what happened but all I got is my skin would get heated and nothing would come off.
Maybe I don't know how to use it on my face.........I love it on my dome.

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 03:44:18 PM »
Did you shave wet, just like doing your head?  I tried mine on my face and it did a great job.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 07:31:38 PM »
Did you shave wet, just like doing your head?  I tried mine on my face and it did a great job.

Red

Yes I did.  Maybe the problem was the hairs were too long.................6 days of growth. 
The hairs on my cheeks are not that thick though.   I will try next time I shave.

benmcd

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 08:36:51 PM »
I did mine last night with the Panasonic, and it was really quick and a good shave. I would not say as super slick as a blade (I did it dry), but the time taken was only 2 minutes. I had a spot at the back of my head that was playing hard to get, which I fixed up with a blade. The Panasonic would have done it but I didn't give it a chance. 

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 08:24:23 AM »
I did mine last night with the Panasonic, and it was really quick and a good shave. I would not say as super slick as a blade (I did it dry), but the time taken was only 2 minutes. I had a spot at the back of my head that was playing hard to get, which I fixed up with a blade. The Panasonic would have done it but I didn't give it a chance. 

Hey Will, dry shave with panasonic? wow.   Did you feel any irritation?

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 08:28:59 AM »
I dry shave with my Braun all the time and have 0 irritation. Never tried it any other way!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 08:31:12 AM »
I dry shave with my Braun all the time and have 0 irritation. Never tried it any other way!

Do you get a smooth dome out of the Braun on its own? 

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2009, 08:32:09 AM »
Almost as good as a blade. Initially as smooth but last 2-4 hours less than if i use a blade.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

benmcd

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2009, 01:48:03 PM »
Hi SBG Math Guy,
My comments would have to match exactly Hookem's. I had no irritation and it did quite a good job, the intervels between shaving are a little less, but not too bad.
So I am quite happy with this little razor.

Offline stoic1975

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2009, 05:06:36 AM »
well, I decided to take the plunge and pick up one of the new panasonic es8243 shavers.

I'll report back once I get it and figure out how to use it...:)

Thanks all!
Brett

Offline stoic1975

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 07:01:56 PM »
hi guys,

I absolutely love my new panasonic linear!

I got it home, charged it and tried it out.  I am absolutely pleased with this new shaver.

I will say that it took me a little longer because I was afraid of pressing to hard.  I think eventually I'll be very fast with it as I feel able to push harder.

thanks!!!!!!

Brett

Offline BaldMark

• Sly
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2009, 10:04:41 PM »
Panasonic linear's Can't be beat!!  They are worth every penny!