Author Topic: YOUR face shaving routine  (Read 22829 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
YOUR face shaving routine
« on: March 23, 2009, 11:18:28 PM »
hello fellow chrome domes:  what's your face shaving routine?  i'll start:  i headshave in the shower so i also shave my face in the shower.  here is my current routine:  after completing my headshave in the shower,  hot water 2 face
then...

1.  apply shave secret to face or pacific shaving oil (depending on mood)
2.  apply baldguyz shaving gel or headslick
3.  shave it off with fusion (manual)
4.  shave it against the grain,  with the grain, & every other direction necessary 4 complete smoothness
5.  cold water rinse
6.  ice cube rub
7.  pat dry face with towel
8.  apply cold witch hazel from the fridge
9.  apply baldguyz shaving gel
10.  smile at mirror as i'm looking at my smoooooth dome and face :D O0

on a side note:  i use the st. ive's apricot scrub (exfoliation) 2-3 times a week prior 2 applying the shaving oil.

so... how 'bout U?  what's your current face shaving routine?  what's your story?

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: YOUR face shaving routine
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 04:42:59 AM »
I have a much simpler routine:

1) Wet and wash the face and head with soap and hot water (in the shower)
2) Apply that day's choice of shaving product (that could include Shave Secret but not always)
3) Shave with the grain.... face first andthen the head
4) Re-apply shaving product
5) Shave against the grain
6) usually twice a week I first wash my face and head with BaldGuyz Wash Gel
7) Twice a week I use Apricot scrub after shaving
8) Apply Nivea Extreme After Shave balm
9) after getting out of shower, look in mirror and say, "Damn that looks good!!!"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 04:35:12 AM by Mikekoz13 »
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 09:32:49 AM »
I usually scrub my face, or the part not now covered w/ the goat, with the loofa pad after I've worked on the dome, then after the shower I put a hot washcloth on the dome, and leaving the face wet, dry off and address shaving, first the face with Fusion Gel, then brush of some Headslick and clean the dome last  Shaving around the goat is a work in progress, I'm trying different ways--but that's got a way to go until I learn what works best.  When I rub down the dome w/ Nivea Extreme Care, I also rub that into the face--feels good, light unobtrusive smell. 

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 11:12:15 AM »
I usually like shaving with a cream or oil on my face, compared to a gel or soap on my head.
"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght

Offline rodubls

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 10:37:06 PM »
I always shave after a shower, so I use my head shed on my face in the shower.
I soak my brush in a bowl and put a little water on my soap puck.
I wet my face several times after I get out while I do the rest of my routine.
Use shave secret to lube up. I also have some AOS oil but it is pretty thick and can cause a mess.
Make my lather (sometimes I'll substitute the soap for a cream).
Work in the lather on my face for like a minute.
Get to work with the HD. A few passes with the grain and then one or two against the grain.
Still haven't mastered the DE razor and my going ATG upper lip, so I use the CVS3 to clean that up.
Alum Bar
Witch Hazel
Ice
Clubman Pinaud OG
Lotion, Nivea or Poraso.
Marvel at how much time that just took me. However, on days when I'm in a hurry....I pay.
Buck:

"I'm on the gravy train with biscuit wheels!"

"I like to hump, I like to eat, and I don't like to drive."

Offline jasonfieber

• Wish I was on a beach...
  • Sly Jr.
  • Bald For Life
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 01:14:57 PM »
I might be the only one like this, but I shave with an electric for my face. I've tried using a razor on my face, even with Shave Secret, Headslick and a Fusion..I still get high amounts of irritation/bleeding. I also get little "skin tags" all over where the skin is obviously irritated. Now, that's if I go against the grain. If I go with the grain I don't get that, but the shave closeness leaves much to be desired. I use a Braun electric on my face to avoid this...I get a very close shave and no irritation.

On my head I use the oil, headslick and Fusion in the shower with almost no irritation ever.

Electric on face, razor on head. Kinda complicated, which is why I hope the laser is done soon! Haha.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 09:16:41 AM »
i also do electric on my face

I might be the only one like this, but I shave with an electric for my face. I've tried using a razor on my face, even with Shave Secret, Headslick and a Fusion..I still get high amounts of irritation/bleeding. I also get little "skin tags" all over where the skin is obviously irritated. Now, that's if I go against the grain. If I go with the grain I don't get that, but the shave closeness leaves much to be desired. I use a Braun electric on my face to avoid this...I get a very close shave and no irritation.

On my head I use the oil, headslick and Fusion in the shower with almost no irritation ever.

Electric on face, razor on head. Kinda complicated, which is why I hope the laser is done soon! Haha.

Offline alabamalawyer

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 12:41:07 PM »
I go the traditional route when shaving my face.  I use a shave brush and a shave soap or cream.  For a razor I use either a DE safety razor or straight razor.  My aftershaves vary but I typically use an alcohol-based aftershave followed by a light balm.
Chris

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 09:15:33 AM »
I usually just lather up my face and my head at the same time with the same product, Head Slick. I then shave my head after it's had a while for the oil and slick to soak in. Two or three times a week I just use an electric.
It's all about attitude!

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
    • www.myspace.com/dangman
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 08:17:03 PM »
I shave my head against the grain in the shower with either mach 3 or fusion and then I get out and sink shave for my face use a mach 3 going with the grain.

I just can't shave against the grain on my neck. I can do it but after a day or two I pay for it. It just becomes super raw and red and I get breakouts all over, so I just go with the grain and accept a less close shave; it accentuates the dome anyway  O O0
Its good to be bald my friends :)

ycartt

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 08:30:42 PM »
Same here...however, I just use a DE and not a straight razor.  Anything else and I get ingrown hairs.

I go the traditional route when shaving my face.  I use a shave brush and a shave soap or cream.  For a razor I use either a DE safety razor or straight razor.  My aftershaves vary but I typically use an alcohol-based aftershave followed by a light balm.

Offline Danny

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 12:18:30 AM »
I can shave my head with a rusty can and not get cut or razor burn. But I can buy the most expensive supplies for my face and get cuts, razor burn, ingrown hairs. I have a really sensitive face. I gotta shave reallllyyyyyy slow.

Offline DaithiSean

• Sly
  • stern mode whilst trying to work my webcam
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 06:57:59 AM »
It all depends on how busy I am, but usually I lather up with saving soap and shaving brush and then do a second layer of head slick.  I then use a shaving brush to get a good lather all over my head.  I then shave head and neck against the grain and face and upper lip with the grain.  I then wash off any remaining soap and put a layer of aloe vera gel and head slick glossy.

Offline edge

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 10:38:44 PM »
Will start with electric razor for face to get all the bulk of growth cut down, then will shave dome with head slick using Mach 3 or Fusion.  Will then finish face with Sensor  blade and barbasol cream (aloe)as works well around goatee and top of ears, complete with clinique moisturizer on dome, neck, and face.  Mission complete.

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 11:14:43 AM »
I shower first then use a straight razor for the face.  I got sick of paying for all those expensive razor cartridges that promote bumps and iirritation more because of the numerous blades.   I use Noxema shave cream as it just works better for me
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair