Author Topic: YOUR face shaving routine  (Read 22826 times)

Offline outsidemike

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: YOUR face shaving routine
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2011, 06:28:16 PM »
 me? I just dry shave with one of those 10 for a dollar yellow no name brand razors.  Yep,  I shave off all 37 of my facial hairs once a week whether I need to or not.   

I don't think its fair that I have more hair on my left ass cheek than I do on my face. hmm.... I wonder if they can transplant ass hair  on to a persons face?

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, 03:36:25 PM »
I use the same methods for the face as i do for the noggin ie, shower using dove+mencare body and face wash, rinse, apply shave secret , rewet apply king of shaves alpha antibacterial shave gell, but instead of using my new fav tool[ the m5] i use on the face the hydro,  cold rinse , pat dry and then apply dr organics double strengh aloe vera gell, for a super smooth and rash free face and dome O0 O0 O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 12:17:58 PM »
My current face shave routine since I gave up my fusion, schick hydro5, and magnum M5 razor.

Wash face with Nivea for Men Face Wash or Neutrogena Men's Face Wash with hot water

Semogue 620 brush or Shea Moisture badger brush

Lather with brush of choice with either Taylor of Bond Street (TOBS) Sandalwood Shaving Cream or Mike's Natural Soap and apply on face

Safety razor of choice:  EJ89L (Edwin Jagger), Weber DLC,  vintage Gillette Tech, vintage Gillette Open Comb

Double edge blade: Astra SP, Shark SC, Gillette 7'o clock Black, Gillette 7'o clock Blues, and a few others (depending of mood).

Perform 3 passes:  WTG, XTG, ATG

Cold water rinse,  ice cube rub until it melts,  towel dry, and apply either WH (from fridge) or Osage Rub

Lately I have been using the Osage Rub.  Talk about a cool, tingling sensation.  This gives U an "ahhhh that feels good" moment. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 12:42:04 AM »
I just saw you had started this thread in 2009 and then was looking to see how you had updated it!  A big change of direction for you there!!

Glad you're enjoying the classic way of shaving!  How is the TOBS Sandalwood by the way?  I've only tried the Lemon/Lime one last year, and I loved it.  Unfortunately my Dad did too, so I gave it to him!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2012, 12:09:14 PM »
I just saw you had started this thread in 2009 and then was looking to see how you had updated it!  A big change of direction for you there!!

Glad you're enjoying the classic way of shaving!  How is the TOBS Sandalwood by the way?  I've only tried the Lemon/Lime one last year, and I loved it.  Unfortunately my Dad did too, so I gave it to him!
Hi Brian:  Yes... I'm am totally loving the traditional way of shaving.  The TOBS Sandalwood Shaving Cream is great. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 03:27:14 PM »
I do the same thing I do with my head I lather up the face a dome at the sink and shave with 2 passes I like to shave after my shower and not before so that the hair on my face and dome is prepped by the hot/warm water

nothing fancy

1. Fill sink with water lather up face + dome with my shave gel I use schick hydro plus the hydro razor to match but mainly the schick extreme3 gets the job done

2. Wet razor shave face + dome rinsing my blade every so wipe off excess lather with wet wash cloth let water out refill sink reapply lather and shave again to everything nice and smooth and for missed spots

3. Wipe off excess lather steam the face + dome with hot wash cloth [sometimes] rinse my face + dome with cold water to cool and shut down everything to refresh my shave towel off

3. Grab a cotton pad wet it with facial astringent and rub on face and dome to remove any dirt and oil so my what just shave is clean apply after shave gel and lotion to face + dome if not regular lotion then face lotion

4. clean up sink

Offline gunngee

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2012, 12:14:19 PM »
My routine:

1 have a hot shower to open up the pores.
2 fill sink with straight hot water and leave razor in to warm up.
3 apply shaving cream with brush.
4 shave with grain then across.
5 rinse with luke warm water.
6 rinse with straight cold.
7 apply maca root razor relief after shave.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2012, 10:14:05 PM »
Sounds like a great routine guys.

Offline gs89

• Well!
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2012, 09:19:22 PM »
1. Hot shower
2.Shampoo and conditioner on face (yes, its weird but it works for me)
3.Lather up.  I prefer brush and lather, but barbasol works just as well for me.
4.Shave with the grain on my cheeks, utilizing my safety razor.
5.Rinse and re-lather and go against grain with safety razor on my cheeks.
6.Lather up and shave neck and mustache area with the grain, utilizing Fusion razor.
7.Rinse with cold water and put on some bump patrol.

I either don't have enough skill or patience (possibly both) to utilize safety razor anywhere else but cheeks.  Doesn't bother me though; that's where I like being clean shaven and silky smooth.  Neck and mustache just needs to be clean.

I shave daily and have no issues.  :)

theman

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2012, 06:52:49 PM »
Have none !  It is up to the person, job, etc..  But if and when I do I enjoy, and take the time  O0

Offline bbcguytom

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2012, 10:47:25 PM »
I shave my face the same day I shave my head, period. I usually shave the head first, then the face. I use Aloe Vera Gel as a lubricant, then an unscented shaving cream. I always use a 3-bladed disposable razor (store-brand or Xtreme 3), then I throw it away. I put the Aloe Vera back on after the shave.

Offline eric79

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2013, 09:44:53 AM »
Hot shower scrub face and head with exfoliating scrub every other day. (Nevia for men Stuff)
go to the sink hot water to head and face. work up a lather in my mug with AOS cream or soap that is in my other mug depending on the day. I'm with the old school style of shaving I  guess. I use a Murker barbers pole DE razor on my face with astra SP blades. I do 3 passes on the face WTG, XTG, ATG. I haven't used the Murker on my noggin yet but will probably start soon because I just not a fan of using the a Mach 3 which I have been using on my head going with the grain. after shavig wet down with cold washcloth. witch hazel everything. Nevia for men aftershave balm and splash of clubman or aqua velvet for the face.

Kojack that is a nice collection of DE razors I have been looking at moving to straights and have an imperial now getting honed to work with.

Eric79

Offline Shaquille

• Newly Bald
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2013, 03:34:51 PM »
Mines is extra simple lol.

1. Hop in the shower, stay under some hot water for 2-3 minutes.

2. Shave everything off using a mach 3 turbo gillette razor.

3. Profit  8)

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re:
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2013, 06:19:32 PM »
mine is pretty much the same as eric79....I use a de on my face and am now proficient enough to use it on the noggin....I used to use an aftershave balm...but found that it made any razor rash worse...so now I finish with a cold rinse, alum block, witch hazel and aloe vera....no more rash...and feels great

Offline ycartt

• Sly
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2013, 07:14:21 PM »
I shave my head daily in shower and my face every other day at sink with a DE and brush.

Enter your email address: