Author Topic: YOUR face shaving routine  (Read 22828 times)

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: YOUR face shaving routine
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 04:20:18 PM »
I save my face every other day. In the winter I use an electric either a foil or a rotory I have both. In the sumer I use a regular razor , I've tried most out there.I like the sensor best for me. But I wind up buying whats on sale. The BIC and Gillet Good News works fine.Then Bald  Guys  moistureizer.Some  Witch  Hazel in the sumer.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 04:52:22 PM »
I shave in the sink, get a little off the sides of my ears...then hit the shower...lather up with HeadSlick and start combing against the grain with my HeadBlade...both from the front/back/side unil I'm SLY... O0

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 06:30:03 AM »
if my beard is getting too long. I'll buzz it down with no guard on clippers very carefully (skin got pinched and ripped open once lots of blood) then

Then I wet my face with some warm water

Apply shaving cream

Shave with the Mach 3 everyone except my chin where I keep a little chin mitten as you can see in my photo.

Dry off and enjoy my day(all this follows after my headshave ofcourse)
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

MikeInPdx

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 07:32:03 AM »
My routine's pretty simple for both.  I splash down my head and face with very warm water...rub my shaving soap puck over both, work it into a lather with a brush. Then I wait and brush my teeth.

After everything has softened up, I start shaving, usually with whatever happens to be on sale.  I hop into the shower to rinse, and I'm done.

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 08:29:39 AM »
For the face I use my trusty Norelco (daily).

When the goatee starts getting a little scraggly, I have found that the the clipper attachments on the Conair Cleanhead do a fantastic job with tidying things up (even better than the beard trimmer I had been using until that point).

A little splash of Thayer's Lavender witch hazel (or some Afta), and I'm good to go.
MikeC

Offline danielnorth01

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2010, 12:28:28 PM »
 :-X
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 12:36:01 PM by schro »

Offline reb123161

• Sly
  • I like my women a little on the trashy side!
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 07:49:00 AM »
I have gotten to where I just lather the face up while I am lathering the dome.  I am a sink shaver using the braille method on the head.  Hot water, secret shave, Bigelow cream and just brush it on.  Kinda look like a snowman.  Works great for me.  I use the same for head and face now---which works awesome!!  I use Nivea aftershave balm and then some aloe gel.  I have gotten to where I love to shave!!

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
  • Hang out with Stevie Ray in my Nations Capital
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 02:49:25 AM »
My current face shaving toys.

This is my newest one.

"Who loves ya, baby?"~Kojak~

Offline johnnyo

• Sly
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2010, 07:20:49 AM »
Nice shaving toys Kojak, my Dad left me with his old razor, I've used it a couple of times, but, not on my noggin, I forgot about it till I saw yours, maybe I'll give it a try. Thanks for the memory.

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2010, 09:43:50 AM »
Nice shaving toys Kojak, my Dad left me with his old razor, I've used it a couple of times, but, not on my noggin, I forgot about it till I saw yours, maybe I'll give it a try. Thanks for the memory.
Thanks, I you do use one on your head go slaw and easy. I have only shave my head once with a double edge razor, it was a very close shave but I had quite a few nicks. I'm going to try it on the noggin again but go at it more carefully and slower next time.
I do however shave my face with them daily and absolutely love the results.

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 01:28:55 PM »
That Gillette adjustable sure brings back memories.

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 04:05:22 PM »
That Gillette adjustable sure brings back memories.
Thats one of my favorites. Dial up number 7 and you get a pretty aggressive shave. I think I could skip a day or 2 of shaving if I were to set it on 9.

Offline rcg5227

• Sly
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »
I usually shave my head in the shower, so usually after getting out of the shower, I shave my face at the sink. My headblade is used to shave my head. I use a regular safety razor, usually the dollar store brand, with 10 in a pack. They are the $2 ones, not the cheaper ones. (I know thatis pretty cheap for 10 razors, but there are cheaper ones out there.) They absolutely must have that lubricating strip on them. If I buy the cheaper ones without the strip, I'll bleed and break out. My wife uses these whem she is out of her Gillette Venus blades, plus they aren't that cheap so we don't buy them all the time. Then I  put a thin coating of nozema and my wife's shaving gel. Then I shave my face, but I leave the goatee and trim that as needed. Sometimes when my wife gets her hair done, I'll have her beautician trim my goatee. :*))
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/100913/samp9b3884feb623b6eb.jpg[/img] [/url]

---"The greatest action is not conforming to the world's ways."---

Offline Jen-sam

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2010, 03:40:12 AM »
clean face then rinse vigorously with COLD water then apply shaving cream and use a sharp razor. never shave untill you get out of shower that way hair is soft and easy to shave and skin is moisturized by the steam

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2010, 07:45:58 AM »
Nowadays I just keep a short stubble on my face and neck, so I basically just use my beard trimmer without any attachments all over. Then I use a Mach 3 (same blade I use on my head) to keep the sideburns from going above the ears. Nice and easy.
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS