Poll

Which blade do you prefer for the HeadBlade?

Sensor double
4 (15.4%)
Sensor triple
4 (15.4%)
Atra - double
6 (23.1%)
HeadBlade triple
7 (26.9%)
Other
5 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Blades for the HeadBlade  (Read 15942 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Blades for the HeadBlade
« on: February 11, 2007, 08:45:30 PM »
What blade do you prefer to use with the HeadBlade?  I know we've discussed this in other topics, but it would be nice to have a thread specifically aimed at this.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Blades for the HeadBlade
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 08:58:01 PM »
I just tried a new blade today and I think it's my favorite.  The brand of the blade is the Personna TRI-FLEXXX and fits on the Sensor adaptor.  I have to be honest that I haven't tried the Sensor triple blades yet, mostly because I can't find them anywhere by my house.  But, I used to use the TRI-FLEXXX on my face because I sell them through my website (ShopTandM.com).  I don't really dig them that much for my face since the Fusion and Mach 3 works much better, but for my head, they gave me an awesome shave.

I have been using the HeadBlade Triple for the last couple of weeks and though I think they are more lenient when it comes to nicks and scratches - meaning they don't nick you as easily as the Atra, I thought the Atra gave a closer shave.  But, now that I've tried the TRI-FLEXXX I think this is a better alternative.  Also, they are much cheaper.

The only downfall with them (and this is true for HeadBlade Triple) is that the strip on the front of the blade starts sticking to my scalp on the second pass.  So, I have to re-lube in order to get the slickness back.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BaldRob

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 09:26:28 PM »
I've tried several different blades: Headblade double, Headblade triple, Sensor Exel, and Atra Plus.

Personally, I find the Atra Plus gives me the best shave.

However, I don't have the problems with nicks or scratches from them.  The only nick I ever got was when I caught the top of my ear once and bled like a stuck pig!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 10:56:59 PM »
I've tried several different blades: Headblade double, Headblade triple, Sensor Exel, and Atra Plus.

Personally, I find the Atra Plus gives me the best shave.

However, I don't have the problems with nicks or scratches from them.  The only nick I ever got was when I caught the top of my ear once and bled like a stuck pig!

I don't have any problems with nicks and the Atra blades anymore.  But, I did the first couple of times I did.

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 01:49:12 AM »
I've been using the Sensor 3 blades for about a week now and I really like them. I tried the Atra Plus and the Headblade triple also. I looked at the Tri-FLEXXX blades but wasn't sure about them and got the Sensor 3 instead. Now that I know that they are a good blade, I will check them out, they are quite a bit cheaper than the Sensor 3.

-Cam

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 03:39:44 AM »
I do not like the HB tripple didn't get close enough for me... Actually the HB blade doubles aren't as good as the Atra's.. and I feel the sensor excel is the best.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 12:22:15 PM »
I've been using the Sensor doubles lately and I like them.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 08:16:12 PM »
I still use the Atra plus, have not tried the sensor blades yet.  The headblade 3 blade clogged up too fast and didn't give me as close of shave.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline socctty

• Sly Jr.
  • Finally sly.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 10:55:05 PM »
Rookie question!

Tonight I bought the headblade at Walgreens - Walmart didn't sell it. This comes with a twin-blade... can I just throw in a triple-blade replacement later on?

On a related note, HeadBlade seems to have a loyal following... it's always cool when that happens. Maybe one of these days they'll get Michael Jordan to hawk products for them and launch THE SLY REVOLUTION
"You can't hate man if you know him."
- John Steinbeck

"A man's life is interesting primarily when he has failed -- I well know. For it's a sign that he tried to surpass himself."
- Georges Clemenceau

"Nothing is more unsightly than a bald man with hair."
- Martial

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 02:20:23 AM »
Yeah, you can buy the Headblade Triple and throw them on there.  If you want to use the sensor or tri-flexxx blades, you'll need to get a sensor adaptor from Headblade.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 11:19:24 AM »
Rookie question!

Tonight I bought the headblade at Walgreens - Walmart didn't sell it. This comes with a twin-blade... can I just throw in a triple-blade replacement later on?

On a related note, HeadBlade seems to have a loyal following... it's always cool when that happens. Maybe one of these days they'll get Michael Jordan to hawk products for them and launch THE SLY REVOLUTION

I have only found one or two Wal-Mart's around here that sell the HB. Most of the Walgreens in my area do carry a lot of the stuff though.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 11:30:37 AM »
Not sure I want a revolution (I'm a Peaceful & Sly Schro). The novelty might wear off if everyone were sly. Quoting lines from one of my favorite movies, "The Incredibles" when the mother (Elastigirl/Ms. Parr) and her son Dash are driving home from school:

Mom, "Dash, everyone's special"
Dash, "Which is another way of saying no one is".

Pretty good line and yes, I like that movie (8 yr old daughter and 6 yr old son).

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 11:45:37 AM »
Not sure I want a revolution (I'm a Peaceful & Sly Schro). The novelty might wear off if everyone were sly. Quoting lines from one of my favorite movies, "The Incredibles" when the mother (Elastigirl/Ms. Parr) and her son Dash are driving home from school:

Mom, "Dash, everyone's special"
Dash, "Which is another way of saying no one is".

Pretty good line and yes, I like that movie (8 yr old daughter and 6 yr old son).

I'm with ya Schro, I dig most of those kid movies. My wife can only handle 'em once, maybe twice.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 12:35:01 PM »
I'm in love with Elastigirl!!! :@`

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 12:44:04 PM »
between her red suit and your green suit, you two would be a hit during the RamaHanuKwanzMas Holiday season.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.