Poll

Which blade do you prefer for the HeadBlade?

Sensor double
4 (15.4%)
Sensor triple
4 (15.4%)
Atra - double
6 (23.1%)
HeadBlade triple
7 (26.9%)
Other
5 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Blades for the HeadBlade  (Read 15941 times)

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
Re: Blades for the HeadBlade
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 01:06:42 PM »
I used the headblade w/ atra for many months, but broke down and switched to the trips and luving them.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 05:59:08 PM »
 :*)) :*)) :*))

Us superhero's gotta stick together.  Just need to get Mr. Incredible out of the picture. O:O

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 06:29:17 PM »
between her red suit and your green suit, you two would be a hit during the RamaHanuKwanzMas Holiday season.
You must be a Glenn Beck fan, you Sick Freak!!
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 12:45:44 PM »
Strangely enough, I'm going to jump back on topic for a minute. I used the Atra blades again this morning because the Sensor was worn out and I had the Atra handy. Think I'm still gonna stick with the Atras. I'll try another Sensor in the morning and report back, but I think I got a superior shave using Atra.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 10:58:45 PM »
Strangely enough, I'm going to jump back on topic for a minute. I used the Atra blades again this morning because the Sensor was worn out and I had the Atra handy. Think I'm still gonna stick with the Atras. I'll try another Sensor in the morning and report back, but I think I got a superior shave using Atra.

Yeah, I think I had that same revalation yesterday. I got a smoother, quicker shave with the Atras as well. I'm still going to try a few other blades just to make sure, though. I am going to try out the Tri-Flexxx (although I think that 3 blades doesn't get me as smooth for as long), and the Sensor Double. I shall report back as well.

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 11:08:46 PM »
What blade do you prefer to use with the HeadBlade?  I know we've discussed this in other topics, but it would be nice to have a thread specifically aimed at this.

I started out using the official Headblade blades then switched to the Atra blades form the local grocery. Then I got a crazy idea. I bought a pack of the knock off in store brand offered by my local Fred Myer grocery store. They worked just as well and lasted just as longs the Atra blades at about half the price.

In my travels I have found that most major chain grocery stores have an Atra knock off of their own (even Wal-Mart), just scope out the razor blade isle and try them out. They seem to run around the $5 or $6 range for 8 blades.

I got a trial pack of the Headblade tripples and find that I actually have to press harder with them to get the close shave I am used to. I don't care for them.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 11:17:25 PM by Vash »
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 11:12:13 PM »
What blade do you prefer to use with the HeadBlade?  I know we've discussed this in other topics, but it would be nice to have a thread specifically aimed at this.

In my travels I have found that most major chain grocery stores have an Atra knock off of their own (even Wal-Mart), just scope out the razor blade isle and try them out. They seem to run around the $5 or $6 range for 8 blades.

Yeah, Walgreens has some Atra knock offs they're like $7 for 15 or something like that.

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 09:50:59 PM »
dude check out headblad.com they have just as many big names... a lot of MMA fighters, (thats how i knew about Headblade), a race car, a race bike, and body builders.... HB don't need MJ it needs SBGs
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 11:51:02 AM »
That is how I found headblade.  Between sees their logo in the corners of the Octagon and on the Iceman.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2007, 11:17:53 PM »
Okay, so here's my final verdict. I will give a brief description of each cartridge and the shave that they gave me.

Headblade Triple - This was my first time using the headblade, and I thought it "drug" across my head. It felt like it pulled more than it cut.
Sensor 3 - A lot like the triple, it drug. Also, it clogged up very easily and it took me a while to get a clean shave with this.
Tri-Flexxx - I thought this was going to tear my scalp off instead of shave my head, lol.
Atra - The best shave. It's smooth, doesn't drag, and doesn't clog up very easily. This is hands down my favorite.
Personna Auto-Plus - An Atra knock-off I picked up at Wal-Mart. They give a shave a lot like the Atra. They're very smooth, but they tend to clog a bit more than the Atra. Overall, at 3.26 for 10, you can't beat them for price. This is what I'm using now and they are easily an Atra replacement.

There you are and there you go. That is just how I feel about each blade!

-Cam

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2007, 11:32:35 PM »
Okay, so here's my final verdict. I will give a brief description of each cartridge and the shave that they gave me.

Headblade Triple - This was my first time using the headblade, and I thought it "drug" across my head. It felt like it pulled more than it cut.
Sensor 3 - A lot like the triple, it drug. Also, it clogged up very easily and it took me a while to get a clean shave with this.
Tri-Flexxx - I thought this was going to tear my scalp off instead of shave my head, lol.
Atra - The best shave. It's smooth, doesn't drag, and doesn't clog up very easily. This is hands down my favorite.
Personna Auto-Plus - An Atra knock-off I picked up at Wal-Mart. They give a shave a lot like the Atra. They're very smooth, but they tend to clog a bit more than the Atra. Overall, at 3.26 for 10, you can't beat them for price. This is what I'm using now and they are easily an Atra replacement.

There you are and there you go. That is just how I feel about each blade!

-Cam

Thanks for the comparison!  I'll have to check out the Personna Auto-Plus.  I hear you on the triple blades as they drug across my head when I first used them.  I then switched from going back to front to front to back on the first pass and they gave me a great shave without AS much drag.  I do think the Atra are the overall best when it comes to not clogging.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline tgparker

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2007, 07:31:15 PM »
The jury is still out for me.

I tried the HB Double blades, and they've shaved so-so...

I actually broke the yellow adaptor on my HB Classic and HAD to buy the Sensor Excel double Blades, and they definitely shave MUCH closer and smoother than the Std. HB double blades.

I bought the HB Sport and the Std. HB triple blades clog fast I had to keep rinsing them, but they shaved OK but not as close or as smooth as the Sensor Excel double blades.

I also tried one of the "cheapo" Atra style Tri-Flexx blades (form CVS/Walmarts/Eckherts) and I got a really rough unpleasant shave. I think I even nicked my ear!

At some point I'm gonna buy a 4 pack of the Gilette Atra Plus blades and compare them with the shave that I get from the Sensor Excel blades.

Frankly, I think that it's between the Gillette Sensor Excel and the Gillette Atra Plus.

Hope this helps!

Tony
Gotta HB S4 for sale?  I'm looking to buy one.  If you got a nice one 4-Sale, please PM me. TIA.

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2007, 02:52:59 AM »
You know, I'll have to check out the Sensor Excel blades, I forgot all about those!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2007, 06:19:04 AM »
So far I'm sticking with the HB triples.  I'm getting a real close shave that lasts longer than from any other blade in the past.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline TXFergie

• Sly Jr.
  • TXFergie on Day two of being shorn
    • TXFergie's MySpace Page!!
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 09:32:46 AM »
I am still a rookie in all of this, so I have yet to make some comparisons. I just picked up my HB Sport this morning and will try it tonight. It, of course, comes with the standard triple blade, and I'll compare it to my regular handheld Mach 3. Once I see how the HB Trip-blade works, I'll check out the Sensor Excel and the Atra.

Thanks to everyone who has paved the (smooth) way for us rookies.!!