Poll

Which blade do you prefer for the HeadBlade?

Sensor double
4 (15.4%)
Sensor triple
4 (15.4%)
Atra - double
6 (23.1%)
HeadBlade triple
7 (26.9%)
Other
5 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Blades for the HeadBlade  (Read 15946 times)

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
Re: Blades for the HeadBlade
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2007, 11:22:44 AM »
So far I'm sticking with the HB triples.  I'm getting a real close shave that lasts longer than from any other blade in the past.

I'm right with ya, Paul, on that assessment!  I find the trips last well over a week, provide a super close shave and save time (cause they require less strokes :) ).
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline tgparker

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2007, 09:34:38 AM »
I'm also thinking about checking out the "Merkur" Brand by Dovo (Solingen, Germany's best Straight Razor maker) Atra Plus style double edge cartridge, they might be really the best...

Many of the face "wet shaving" crowd say that the "Dovo" Straight Razors, "Merkur" brand DE blades, and "Merkur" double blade carts., etc... are totally the best shaving razors & blades...

I've still been experimenting/comparing  with the HB Triple blade carts,. and they shave OK, but still not as close or as clean or as smooth as the HB with Gillette Sensor Excel double cart. I suspect that the Gillette Atra Plus double may be just as good.

BTW has anybody noticed that the HB brand double/triple blade carts. look A LOT like the "Old Spice" brand double and triple blade carts.?????

All the best,

Tony
You know, I'll have to check out the Sensor Excel blades, I forgot all about those!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 11:42:38 AM by tgparker »
Gotta HB S4 for sale?  I'm looking to buy one.  If you got a nice one 4-Sale, please PM me. TIA.

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2007, 10:48:34 AM »
i have been using sensor double blade for my face for as long as its been out......when i decided to shave my head a week or so ago i went out and bought a fusion and extra blades and stuff.. and then ordered a headbalde sport......today i shave my head and i decided to try out my sensor double blade.....what a great shave it was...since i used it so long i wasnt scared of it and it definetly gave a good close shave......i still havent tried  the headblade.....too scared .. since out of 4 or 5 shaves so far i havent nicked myself with the fusion or sensor...why press my luck? lol
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 11:00:57 AM »
Kajun go ahead and give the headblade a try man.  I was anxious at first and I rushed the first one and did nick myself, but take it slow and do as the others have said about pressure on the wheels and you'll get a great shave. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2007, 11:39:52 AM »
Kajun, I've only been shaving my head since New Year's 2007. Prior to that, I did a lot of on-line reading about shaving your dome (which is how I stumbled upon this great website). With the exception of one time, I have used the HeadBlade exclusively. The only time I nicked myself was on my ear the 2nd time I shaved (bad aim). The HB is extremely easy to use (and the Headslick shaving cream is awesome). The key is keeping enough pressure on the back part of the HB to make certain the blade is shaving your head at the optimum angle. Oh, the only time I shaved my head with something other than a HB was with a Gillette Sensor. Regardless of blade, I think the HB design is sooo much easier to use than any straight blade.

Take it from a relative newbie to the world of sly, HB rocks!

Schro (just your average Ordinary American not from New York).

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline tgparker

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2007, 07:54:16 AM »
Following a tip that I got from this Forum, this morning I had my best shave ever with an HB Sport and an HB Triple blade (not my favorite blade).

I applied 4-5 drops of KOS Alpha Oil and a little water, rubbed it in good, then applied HeadSlick Shaving Cream , and had my SMOOOOOTHEST, COOOOOLEST, CLOOOOSEST shave ever with an HB....

I think the extra lubrication provided by the combo of Water, HeadSlick Shaving Cream, and KOS Alpha Oil will make ANY blade perform much, much better....

I Definitely will try this out tomorrow with my HB Classic and Sensor Excel double (My favorite Blade cart. for the HB at the moment).

Even though I've now accumulated enough different double and triple blade carts. to shave my head, face, and arse (???) for a year.....

Next Payday, in pursuit of the "perfect" HeadShave, I'm definitely gonna buy a 4-pack of Gillette Atra Plus double carts. and maybe if I can find them cheap somewhere on line (eBay????) I'd like to get a small pack of the (DOVO) "Merkur" Atra Style double blade carts and try them out as well.

Thanks for the tip, guys!

Tony
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 08:24:41 AM by tgparker »
Gotta HB S4 for sale?  I'm looking to buy one.  If you got a nice one 4-Sale, please PM me. TIA.

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2007, 02:17:01 PM »
Atra Plus cartridges for me in my Headblade.
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2007, 03:43:31 PM »
My experience, I have used a Mach 3 on my head before, sopossedly the upgrade of the Atra's and such.  I found that pulled a little, and left a little more irritation than the HeadBlade Trips.  As far as where I stand, I am not going to mess with a working formula... I am not a fan of Gillette, but I am a Loyal customer of HeadBlade, because they understand for once that its not just a haircut, its a lifestyle O:O
Peace

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2007, 09:16:42 PM »
When I first started shaving about 6 or 7 weeks ago, I just used the Mach III but switched to the headblade sport as soon as it arrived in the mail.  I found the original blade that came with, was good but tried the attra double anyway.  Waste of money and blood!  Switched blades (after one scraping) to the sensor triple and I love it.  I still use the Mach III to clean up around the ears but other than that I'm a sworn Headblader/Sensor!  Until they make an adapter for Fusion, then I'll give that a try.
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2007, 08:18:09 AM »

Until they make an adapter for Fusion, then I'll give that a try.

That sounds like a plan for me as well O0

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2007, 08:40:43 AM »
Ya I really am banking on them making an adapter...  I've already bought the blades   :/O

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2007, 08:55:34 AM »
Ya I really am banking on them making an adapter...  I've already bought the blades   :/O
$c#m $c#m $c#m
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2007, 09:15:36 AM »
I'm definitely staying with the HeadBlade trips for now.  Just got 10 days out of the first blade.  Put a fresh one on and yea for me  O0  shaved the whole thing without a nick.  I seem to be able to get a good 12-15 hours before getting any stubble I can even feel. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2007, 01:58:57 PM »
$c#m $c#m $c#m

Hey I am serious...  I couldn't remember which blades to get for my adapter, so I bought sensor and fusion blades.  Then I lost the receipt.   :*))

Ya Paul, I didn't keep track of how long that first hb blade lasted but it was quite a while.  The only reason I don't stick with them is because I can't buy them off the shelf anywhere in my neck of the woods.  I can only get them on the hb web site and that's too much of a hassle.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2007, 09:39:04 PM »
$c#m $c#m $c#m

Hey I am serious...  I couldn't remember which blades to get for my adapter, so I bought sensor and fusion blades.  Then I lost the receipt.   :*))

Ya Paul, I didn't keep track of how long that first hb blade lasted but it was quite a while.  The only reason I don't stick with them is because I can't buy them off the shelf anywhere in my neck of the woods.  I can only get them on the hb web site and that's too much of a hassle.

Yo, this is just between us, but I got HeadBlade on my Myspace as well, and if you drop Myspace as the code when you are purchasing anything off their website, you can save yourself 20%... Thats Postage right there.  I just order new blades when I get down to two left of their website. Works for me!
Peace

Enter your email address: