Author Topic: How long do you stay smooth?  (Read 15170 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
How long do you stay smooth?
« on: October 24, 2008, 07:04:28 PM »
We hear all the time about guys who shave their heads twice daily to stay smooth.   I shaved around 6:30 this morning.  It's now 9:00 and my head is still basically smooth.  A couple of spots are getting a little sandpapery, but there isn't enough stubble for the razor to catch if I attempted to shave it.  It usually takes me about a full 24 hours to grow enough stubble for the razor to do its job.  After that first 24 hours, it seems to grow more quickly.  Delaying a shave an hour or two makes a huge difference in the amount of hair that needs to be removed.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: How long do you stay smooth?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 07:10:59 PM »
Razor.... how's it going?

i shaved at 11:00AM and now at 9:10 PM I have just the slightest sandpaper. I'm good until morning.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 07:13:43 PM »
I usually shave between 8 and 9 am.....by 5 or 6 pm I can feel the stubble start to come out as my hair grows real fast. If I am going out at night to something special I will usually shave again before I go, but that is a rare occasion.... O0

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 07:27:50 PM »
I usually shave about 6:30a, and if I do the full works, oil, Headslick & alcohol, and do a second quick one, then I'm smooth until late evening when it gets about 000 sandpaper.  I did a shower shave this past week at 7:30a, because I got up late and had to really move, and w/o the alcohol and second quick one, the sandpaper was there by 5p. 

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 08:31:12 PM »
I shave about 5:30 am every weekday morning.  It's 9:30 pm and I have slight sandpaper, but not enough to shave.  The Bald Guyz shave gel and Fusion razor keep it smooth.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 11:07:39 PM »
it is about 6 to 7 hours till i am sandpapery. but lately i have been having wierd irritation/pain after i shave. i usually just wait till i have to leave to go somewhere to shave.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 06:47:30 AM »
I usually shave about 5:30 a..m.   If it is a daily shave I will stay pretty smooth until 3 or so.    If I should have to skip a day I will stay slick for a good 14-16 hours.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

slyatlast

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 08:43:54 AM »
About 8 hours - some sandpaper spots show up earlier.  Strange, but it seems what's left on the mpb areas grows faster than the thicker areas.  Anyone else notice this? 

Right now it's Saturday and I haven't shaved my head for almost 36 hour - the longest I've gone since going full-time sly.  Had an early day yesterday so I shaved the night before - what a waste sleeping through the smoothest part of my day!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 09:12:34 AM »
Strange, but it seems what's left on the mpb areas grows faster than the thicker areas.  Anyone else notice this? 

Most definately, I don't know if it's just the "bad grass" trying to show that it's still there or if it's because those areas have the thinnest "skin to bone" on my head.  I've decided to give the noggin a "shaving rest" this weekend, and I haven't cleaned up since Thursday morning.  Although the "goal" is a clean head Monday morning, I'm not sure I'll make it, the stubble is about ready to drive me straight to the blade.

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 09:37:17 AM »
Like Paul I shave early and it ususally lasts about 8-10 hours before I begin noticing some stubble. If I incorporate Secret Shave with Head Slick seems to last a bit longer though.
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline ripped53

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 12:08:31 PM »
I shave around 5am every weekday.  By 2pm I have the stubble (Return of the Shadow).  I don't think shaving twice in the same day would do any good for me, very small and fine hairs.
Sly and Shiny......Ingrown hairs are my enemy....

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 01:39:23 PM »
How do I stay smooth? I practice my lines!  :*))

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 12:29:43 PM »
since going to the headblde sport, about 24 hours

Will

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2008, 03:00:29 PM »
With the HeadBlade I usually stay smooth for at least 15 hours or so.  I can definitely feel that sandpaper feeling by morning if I shaved the morning before.  But I still let it go at least another day because my scalp is a little too sensitive to shave everyday. 

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 01:01:20 AM »
I'm smooth anywhere from 10-15 hours. Recently I've gotten more used to going against the grain in back, from nape to top, and it really makes a big difference.

Been super smooth lately and I'm lovin' it!    O0

Enter your email address: