Author Topic: So Last Night...  (Read 15694 times)

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
So Last Night...
« on: June 04, 2008, 01:09:09 PM »
I'm sitting at the hotel bar, enjoying a pint or two and watching baseball highlights. I'm soon joined by a 50 or so year old lawyer from L.A. We begin talking about why we're in town at this hotel and all, and soon enough, Sportscenter shows the Red Sox young 23 year old pitcher in a post game interview. Now I had just come back from a ball game myself, so I had my baseball cap on. Anyway, this young pitcher who was being interviewed was completely sly. The lawyer immediately goes on a rant about how horrible he looks and how ridiculous it is that he is 23 years old and balding. The first thing I said was, "Well he might have a full head of hair, its impossible to tell on tv since he shaves his head completely clean". He responds with, "No way man, he's obviously balding badly, why else would he do it? As a 23 year old, he looks horrendous!" At that point, I wanted to just knock the guy out for criticizing someone's choice of hairstyle, as well as for making fun of someone with possibly less hair. But I refrained from smacking the guy and simply removed my cap and watched as the man turn red. He immediately tried to change the subject. I just thought it was funny. Hopefully he learned a lesson...

Personally I kind of took of offense, being a 24 year old with a shaved head, partly due to the fact that I'm losing my hair, and partly due to the fact that it better suits my extremely active lifestyle.

Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: So Last Night...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 01:11:28 PM »
A man can be educated, but that doesn't mean he's not ignorant.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 01:12:35 PM »
A man can be educated, but that doesn't mean he's not ignorant.
So............................true.

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 01:13:12 PM »
ha, great story, i also hope he learned his lesson! what a typical behavior.

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 01:13:21 PM »
I'm sitting at the hotel bar, enjoying a pint or two and watching baseball highlights. I'm soon joined by a 50 or so year old lawyer from L.A. We begin talking about why we're in town at this hotel and all, and soon enough, Sportscenter shows the Red Sox young 23 year old pitcher in a post game interview. Now I had just come back from a ball game myself, so I had my baseball cap on. Anyway, this young pitcher who was being interviewed was completely sly. The lawyer immediately goes on a rant about how horrible he looks and how ridiculous it is that he is 23 years old and balding. The first thing I said was, "Well he might have a full head of hair, its impossible to tell on tv since he shaves his head completely clean". He responds with, "No way man, he's obviously balding badly, why else would he do it? As a 23 year old, he looks horrendous!" At that point, I wanted to just knock the guy out for criticizing someone's choice of hairstyle, as well as for making fun of someone with possibly less hair. But I refrained from smacking the guy and simply removed my cap and watched as the man turn red. He immediately tried to change the subject. I just thought it was funny. Hopefully he learned a lesson...

Personally I kind of took of offense, being a 24 year old with a shaved head, partly due to the fact that I'm losing my hair, and partly due to the fact that it better suits my extremely active lifestyle.

My response after he turned beet red would be "YOU, dear sir......Are a douche bag."

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 01:14:41 PM »
very mature way to handle it. the look on his face must have been priceless.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 01:21:46 PM »
Funny how some people react to a shaved head...

some REALLY hate it...George Carlin is one that comes to mind..

go figure!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 01:50:01 PM »
Would loved to have been there to see the look on his face.  Perhaps he learned a valuable lesson and will be less judgemental in the future.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 01:58:55 PM »
I would like to have been there just to bust his ignorant balls.

Offline RodgerDodger

• Super Sly
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 02:08:33 PM »
Don't listen to TomGallagher. It's best that you showed some restraint and maintained your cool. You never mentioned the condition of the 50 + old lawyer's hair. Was his hair all that great? Man, I would have liked to seen his face when you removed your hat. Totally cool story.

Rodger, Over and Out!  O0

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 02:12:06 PM »
Don't listen to TomGallagher. It's best that you showed some restraint and maintained your cool. You never mentioned the condition of the 50 + old lawyer's hair. Was his hair all that great? Man, I would have liked to seen his face when you removed your hat. Totally cool story.

Rodger, Over and Out!  O0

Ah yes. Well, the lawyer did have a full head of hair. It must just contribute to his arrogance, though
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 03:03:32 PM »
what an ass.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 03:09:49 PM »
Howdy BlackJames,
Seems the Bo Sox headshaving contingency is growing.
Soon they'll outnumber the Chi Sox headshavers.

Just how many headshavers are there in BeanTown?
Who's the 23 year old bald pitcher?
I know their first basemen is a headshaver....Kevin Youkilis.

Sending congrats out to you conerning some Bo Sox milestones
last week.

Jon Lester became the 18th pitcher in Red Sox history -- and just the fifth left-hander to pitch a no hitter.

Manny Ramirez joined the 500-home run club in style, becoming the 24th member of the elite fraternity by belting a majestic solo shot deep to right-center field in Camden Yards last week.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 03:31:08 PM by BaldBen »

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 03:16:00 PM »
Howdy BlackJames,
Seems the Bo Sox headshaving contingency is growing.
Soon they'll outnumber the Chi Sox headshavers.

Just how many headshavers are there in BeanTown?
I know their first basemen is a headshaver....Kevin Youkilis.
Who's the 23 year old bald pitcher?

Justin Masterson...he's a new pitcher we've called up to deal with recent injuries. He looks like he could be something special.
I will say that Dustin Pedroia is on his way to going Sly...he should definitely consider it.
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 03:19:39 PM »
Dudes... he's a lawyer... enough said. ;)
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields