Author Topic: Words of wisdom? - have a man I care about really devastated about going bald  (Read 13882 times)

Offline twistoffate

• Learning the way of Sly
I have four amazing brothers, all incredibly successful and attractive but one has been forced to shave his head (ultimate hair loss due to massive stress, emotional issues) and he is NOT dealing with it very well. Add that to going through a divorce, trying to sell a business, needing to lose a bunch of weight and well, this is a guy in a bad spot. I stay in touch with him daily, hoping to offer a shoulder and some objective counsel, but can you suggest anything, other than reinforcing that "chicks did bald guys" that I can share with him?

We are exactly where we are in our lives or we'd be somewhere else.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline twistoffate

That's the very first thing I did before even posting here - I really hope he finds support and encouragement on this site... I think what I've read so far is really genuine and could be just what he needs to embrace his new life.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
There are alot of great guys here that are always here to help a brither out in need.

Offline twistoffate

Do you think its appropriate for me to send him website links, books, products, stuff to help him know that its a positive thing for him versus being so down on himself? He was seeing someone pretty seriously during his separation and she broke it off right about the time he shaved his head - now he's convinced she left him because of the way he looks. I say if any female should leave a man because of that they really didn't know or love them enough in the first place and he's better off (of course my brother isn't in a place to want to hear that right now).

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
Send him on over.

If she left because of him shaving then its her problem not his.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
twistoffate:  welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  U R a very special sister in that U  R  seeking "help" 4 your brother.  as bill & nomad stated... send him over here & make sure he introduces himself in the INTRODUCTION section of the forum so that we can give him a proper welcome.  i hope & pray that he will B okay.  he's very lucky 2 have U as a sister. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline twistoffate

Thank you for the reminder to send my brother to the 'introduction' section of the site - I'l be sure to do that and thank you for the compliment - that's what sister's are for :)

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
send him over we will try our best to make him feel better. it usually works well. there are some great people here that have been there and have seen the light.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline twistoffate

I really love your quote PBurke, really great. Its so surprising to be to hear the support in these postings - women are far too judgmental (most women) to allow themselves to be exposed to others this way - I'm really impressed with the level of communication on this site.

GASlick

Trust us.  Get him over here.  We'll take it from there.  I have never seen a bunch of guys look after their own the way we do.  We'll him him out.

Offline twistoffate

Thank you all so very, very much. Consider yourselves officially in charge - I'm passing the reigns to you :)

Be safe, be happy, be loved.

Twist

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
I really love your quote PBurke, really great. Its so surprising to be to hear the support in these postings - women are far too judgmental (most women) to allow themselves to be exposed to others this way - I'm really impressed with the level of communication on this site.

which one/ under the pic or under the frogs? thanks by the way

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
I SAY SEND HIM HERE.  YOU EVER HEARD OF A PERSON GOING NEGATIVE FROM BEING IN HERE????

Offline twistoffate

which one/ under the pic or under the frogs? thanks by the way

Under the little frogs :)