Author Topic: Words of wisdom? - have a man I care about really devastated about going bald  (Read 13881 times)

Offline north

• Sly Jr.
Send him here! I know, it might be a little strange at first, sending someone to a website with all bald guys, talking about bald things, and being bald.
But every single guy on this site have a good (bald) head on their shoulders and are always willing to help.

Its great for bald and balding guys to help them realize that they aren't the only ones going through what they are, and that it's not nearly as big of a deal as they think.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
I really love your quote PBurke, really great. Its so surprising to be to hear the support in these postings - women are far too judgmental (most women) to allow themselves to be exposed to others this way - I'm really impressed with the level of communication on this site.

which one/ under the pic or under the frogs? thanks by the way

Under the little frogs :)

thanks sweetheart. not even sure where i got that one. but it just rang true so i used it.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
This is a top notch Forum with top notch members. Send him on over.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
"Twistoffate", it's been a while since you first posted regarding the concerns you have for your brother, but I just wanted to chip in a little here.
It sounds like he has a whole lot on his plate right now, and it's likely that balding isn't his biggest concern, but it can really tear at you if you let it. My only real advice would be to not make a big deal out of it on your end. I'm certainly not accusing you of it, just pointing out that sometimes people wish to help out the ones they care about but only throw water onto a grease fire (it doesn't actually help...but makes it worse).
As an example: I am overweight and I know it. Sometimes I am a little more sensitive about it than at other times. It NEVER helps when people joke about my weight or insult me, but sometimes people try to act like I'm NOT big. It actually makes me feel worse about it, believe it or not. I know it doesn't directly relate...but the basic point in my whole post is that you should continue to treat your brother with love. Don't lie or baby him...he's a man. A man going through a whole lot, but he'll work it out. He's apparently got some great family! If his friends are half as good, he's in an even better place.

I hope your brother finds his groove.

Offline mabull

• "BULL"
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • Nothin like being a god of the pyrmids!!
First let me say that if his girlfriend left him cause he shaved his head tell him not to worry my wife and I got together cause of it so they are out there more than it seems. Second there is nothing in life to get really srtessed over life is life and there is nothing you can do except live it and live to the best of your ability. As for everything going on in his life if the rest of your family is as supportive as you then he has nothing to worry about cause family is the most important thing in the world and with family you can get through anything and accomplish anything.
As tough as a bull and as stubborn as one

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Words of wisdom? - have a man I care about really devastated about going bal
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 09:46:42 PM »
i know youve been hearing this a lot but its the truth and the best solution. send him here. i was in the same situation as ur bro. im not completely balding but i have a bad receding hairline and its caused me HUGE emotional stress. i found this sight and everyone is in the same boat so they make you feel better about yourself. itll make his confidence skyrocket i GUARANTEE. it helped me A LOT!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
anyone notice that after PBurke called her Sweetheart, she vanished?  OK PBURKE WHERE ARE YOU HIDING HER AT?????

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
as a matter of fact, where did ALL of the female members go?  (all.... 4 of them. haha)
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
as a matter of fact, where did ALL of the female members go?  (all.... 4 of them. haha)

I plead the 5th as to what happened to one of them ::)

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Hmmmm...  What ever would you be talking about Nomad?   :*)) :*))

stemikger

You have come to the right place.  These guys are the most supportive and nicest on the net.

Also, try to get your bro to go to counseling. One day at a time.