Author Topic: Alopecia For 32 Years. Ready to Shed Wig !!!  (Read 21959 times)

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Alopecia For 32 Years. Ready to Shed Wig !!!
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2007, 07:31:05 PM »
Recently, while on vacation in-the-sly, I went under-water in the pool. I'd not done that in 5 years (my first vacation in-the-sly) and before then it had been 20+ years. 

SoonerSteve - you hit it on the head again with the mirror thing and the wind effect.   Man I can't wait to rip this beaver hat off my head ....

Trust me, you have no idea what a relief it will be.   O0
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2007, 05:20:26 AM »
I've gotten a taste of it while vacationing and will get another taste next week.  One advantage (the only) of the full wig is I can be fully-shaven benieth and be sly-for-the-weekend before going back to my misery.   After doing it a few weeks ago on vacation it was pure torture sticking that rag on my head afterward.
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2007, 05:41:19 AM »
I wore a wig for 7 yrs and can't tell how much I wish I went sly sooner. The initial feeling was nerve racking, but since then I can't regret a day I have been shaving. It is common now, but standing out is great because you will always be noticed. You have nothing to lose and much to gain.

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2007, 08:55:27 AM »
YOSP - did you wear a full wig or toupee?

I started growing a goat  yesterday. Perhaps that was my first step in preparing to go sly permanently.... 
–Albert Einstein

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2007, 12:30:42 AM »
Andrew, welcome!  I never went the wig/toupee route, but I do know that I have never experienced such a liberating feeling as when I took the razor to my dome.   SoonerSteve & YOSP have been in your shoes and look how the simple act of shaving has impacted their lives.  Do it man, you won't regret it and you'll be free!

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2007, 10:25:12 AM »
I'm hoping to get the guts up in the near future.  I have so little hair (fuzz) that my head will easily be shaved clean.  I'm wondering if people will always be looking at my head for the shaven hair line. Won't find anything here.
–Albert Einstein

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2007, 02:33:18 PM »
Andrew.  I did not mean to mislead you.  I wore a toupee.  It's been called a toupee, wig, rug, hairpiece, unit, etc as long as I was wearing one.  Anyway, regardless of what you wore, you will be happy going sly.  Go for it.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2007, 07:04:43 PM »
Andrew, welcome!  I never went the wig/toupee route, but I do know that I have never experienced such a liberating feeling as when I took the razor to my dome.   SoonerSteve & YOSP have been in your shoes and look how the simple act of shaving has impacted their lives.  Do it man, you won't regret it and you'll be free!

Killer shine you've got there, Scott!   O0

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »
I agree, and it doesn't get much slicker than that!  8)
It almost looks like he's aglow.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 07:50:02 PM by xnewyawka »

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2007, 09:16:50 PM »
Thanks fellas!  Don't know why I wasn't smiling...  but I appreciate the props O0

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2007, 10:03:43 PM »
Andrew, I think the important thing to remember is that all the things that make you a decent human being, such as virtue, integrity, tolerance, love, honesty, devotion, and honesty are a part of you whether you are covering your head with something or not.  Those who know you, appreciate you, respect you, or love you, do so because of these attibutes, not because of your "hair."  And when you "come clean," the same folks who stood beside you because of who and what you are will be standing beside you just the same, albeit perhaps squinting a bit in the glare.  ^-^ Those closest to you will be happy for you, and those a bit farther away will not matter. 

I think you'll be amazed by how empowering it will be to park the hair and get on with  living life!  GO FOR IT!

Cheers,

mlnhd 
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2007, 10:38:40 AM »
Good luck Andrew - I'm sure you'll soon take that final step into full-time slyness & I'm equally sure that you'll have no regrets once you do. Sounds like you've got a good & supportive family too so go for it bro.  O0

Great advice minhd - totally agree with all you said there!  O:O

Scott - I got to agree with the other guys ... great new pic bro ... you're really rockin' the look big time!  O0

His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2007, 01:36:52 PM »
Hey Guys...

I'm going away on vacation this weekend (Friday morning) and intending to go sly.  I've kept up on my shaving beheath this wig, so I can go sly on-demand.  Did it a few weeks ago when away for the weekend and really loved it. 

I've been growing a goat for over a week and it's filling in nicely.  My wife likes the way it looks when I'm sly and not so much with the wig on.

I can't wait to rip this thing off this weekend and give my sly life another test-drive.  I'm hoping to make this permanent sometime soon.

My wife, who has been encouraging me to go sly for several years, has been very surprised at how much more open-minded I've become to slyness, since becoming involved with this forum.

Thanks for all the help guys ....
–Albert Einstein

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2007, 04:11:26 PM »
Andrew -- Have fun with the breeze tickling your scalp.  And don't forget the sunscreen!  Why don't you post a pic here of your Sly look?  Then we can really cheer you on to SLY!

Enjoy your vacation. 

Cheers,

MLNHD
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2007, 04:50:29 PM »
Andrew, this is it, your chance to go sly full time! While on vacation make it a point to shave every day, and don't think about putting on the wig.
It's a good time to just be free of all the pressure and just enjoy yourself, swimming especially!.
Go for it!, you say the wife is behind you with the goat and the slick dome, so what could hold you back?
Shave it all off, toss the wig and be free from here on.
As you can see, all of the guys are behind you too, and I guarantee you will feel such a sense of freedom. You'll soon be saying what we all have said afterward: " I should have done this sooner".
Good luck and enjoy your (sly) vacation!   :)

Joe