Author Topic: Alopecia For 32 Years. Ready to Shed Wig !!!  (Read 21960 times)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Alopecia For 32 Years. Ready to Shed Wig !!!
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2007, 06:26:19 PM »
Great shiny dome there andrew.  Sly is definitely you O0
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2007, 04:51:12 AM »
Thank you, Paul ...
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2007, 12:56:31 PM »
Looks fantastic Andrew!  Your shadowless shine will be the envy of a lot of us.  The goatee and glasses complete the look.  Shine on!

MLNHD
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2007, 02:17:28 PM »
Andrew,

I can see why the gay dude asked if you were going to get a hog.  With the sunglasses, you look like someone I wouldn't want to mess with.  But I know appearances can be decieving.  As for the weight, only loose it because you want to improve your health.  I struggle with weight.  But other than that, your sly look is great.  Let's now see a "before" pic with the wig!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2007, 07:49:33 PM »
Looking good andrew! I'm having trouble imagining you with hair. You're a natural.

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2007, 09:14:23 PM »
Thanks alot guys ....   While I do feel pretty comfortable with this after 3 weeks, I still have moments of awkwardness.
–Albert Einstein

shakf

« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2007, 11:20:26 PM »
My Uncle is 54 years old and combs his hair from the front to cover the bald patch. I have told him a few times to get rid of it. He won't do it because he works in a very customer facing environment and is involved in journalism so reckons it doesn't work. I think it might be from the generation he comes from.

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2007, 05:19:34 AM »
As you know, it's all in his head that the comb-over looks better than the sly look.   I'm sure his customers would prefer to see him with a clean slick head, rather than a 2-foot swatch of hair coiled over his bald spot.
–Albert Einstein

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2007, 06:36:13 AM »
Andrew, I just came in at the end of your story here.
The guy said to you, didn't you have a full head of hair last week.
So you axed a toupe? Good for you dude!

I have to say I can't even picture SLY Andrew with a full head of hair.
The SLY-ness really suits you. And those new glasses complete the totally SLY look. Way to go!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 06:38:21 AM by BaldBen »

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2007, 12:22:24 PM »
Thanks alot guys ....   While I do feel pretty comfortable with this after 3 weeks, I still have moments of awkwardness.

Andrew:  I think all of us former hairpiece/toupee/wig wearers will always have our anxious moments.  The reason - we have been conditioned over the years (23 in my case - 30+ in yours) to have those anxious moments because we wore a wig.  We were always wondering if was smoothed down in the back, was someone looking at us wrong, was someone in a restaurant laughing at our hair or just their general conversation, worrying about meeting a new person and wondering if they could figure out our little secret, etc.

That has been going on in our mind since the day we put it on.  It is a hard habit to break after so many years.  I still have a few anxious moments.  Then I think about all those times since I went topless that I have not had to worry about all of those instances listed in the preceding paragraph.

As a former rug wearer to another - we made the best decision.  Stay strong and enjoy.

Sooner Steve
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2007, 06:37:47 PM »
I just read this whole thread and Andrew, I applaud you for taking such a big step.

This was a heartfelt read and really made my day to see your initial posts full of hesitation and the relief after day one.

You guys are great.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2012, 05:36:33 AM »
Well, I'm at work now and the big unveiling was much more uneventful than I expected.  All of the women said it looked really good and a guy that I work with asked a few questions and then moved on.

My daughter made a big fuss last night but seemed to be focused on herself this morning while I was bringing her to school.   So at least for the moment, she seems to be coming around.

I'm loving this ...

I went back in the archives and found your ,"I did it" post, Andrew.  Very nice.  And that was Sept 9 2007!

Still looks good five years later!

Offline slysteve

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2012, 07:44:34 PM »
Andrew, if you read my story, you and I had a similar experience. Just 4 days ago I shaved my head after wearing a hairpiece for 15 years. I am very happy with my decision, and more importantly my new look.