Author Topic: headblade & mach3  (Read 17620 times)

Offline baldybob

• Learning the way of Sly
headblade & mach3
« on: July 28, 2007, 07:05:41 AM »
 i am a brand new headblade user does the gillette mach3 fit the headblade unit, do i need an adaptor

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: headblade & mach3
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 09:17:47 AM »
Welcome, Baldybob, glad you've joined us.  I have both the Mach3 and the Headblade and I don't believe that Mach3 blades would ever fit on a Headblade.  Gillette has a pretty unique attachment on the Mach3 and Fusion that are totally different than the Headblade which uses Atra or Sensor type blades.  But if anyone can ever come up with an adaptor,  I will be one of the first in line to get it.

Look forward to talking with you more.  Hope you hang around. O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 09:29:41 AM »
Yeah...I've been very satisfied with my FUSION razors since my very first shave--haven't ever used anything else including the HeadBlade.

If they did come up with an adapter for HeadBlade that held the FUSION cartridge....I'd give it a try fo sho.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 11:28:14 AM »
Hey all ..the mach 3 blades do fit the headblade.  the attachment for the mach 3 has that little insert that goes into the handle.  well just snap the head off of the attachemtn and then it will fit on there.  I was looking at my blades the other night and thought crap when i do change heads those wont fit..my wife says yeah they will just take the head off of the adapter...and put it on the headblade
I looked tosee if you can get them off and sure enough...pops right off.  So i am well stocked on replacement blades...when ever this one wears out. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 02:44:19 PM »
The only Gillette blades that HeadBlade has an attachment for are the Atra and Sensor/Sensor Excel blades.  I haven't tried out Timm's technique with the Mach3 baldes, but if it works, let us know.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 06:22:14 PM »
Welcome to the forum, bob.  Glad you're with us.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 09:52:00 AM »
baldybob....welcome 2 the forum.  glad that u found us.  i'm a fusion (manual) man.  it gives me a very comfortable shave.  the fusion rocks 4 me.  hey timmy.... i didn't know that the mach3 razor will fit the hb with your technique.  definitely let us know if anyone has tried this technique & post up.  anyways....baldybob... c ya 'round the forum.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 10:25:54 AM »
Welcome aboard Bob. I'm a Fusion manual guy myself.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 12:22:43 PM »
Ok back on the which blade fits what. The Mac 3 blades if you take them off of the little adaptor taht the mach 3 comes off..and you jsut have the head where the blades are...and you will have to check..but I am refering to the HEADBLADE SPORT!  Not the reg headblade...but it will fit.  OK do we need to all get together and have a seminar??
LOL..
I will have to see if i can post some kind of pics on how it works.  Until then..HAPPY SHAVING!

Oh for some odd reason I had a dream I was handing out Headblades for Halloween! 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 01:06:34 PM »
Ok back on the which blade fits what. The Mac 3 blades if you take them off of the little adaptor taht the mach 3 comes off..and you jsut have the head where the blades are...and you will have to check..but I am refering to the HEADBLADE SPORT!  Not the reg headblade...but it will fit.  OK do we need to all get together and have a seminar??
LOL..
I will have to see if i can post some kind of pics on how it works.  Until then..HAPPY SHAVING!

If you did a video, you could post it to YouTube!

Oh for some odd reason I had a dream I was handing out Headblades for Halloween! 

So, instead of choco covered razor blades, your just handing out the razor blade this year?   >:D :-\
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 01:09:08 PM »
Wow I didnt realize how bad that sounded...handing out headblades....thats a sick thought.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 01:13:37 PM »
BLASPHEMY Rob!  REAL men use a HeadBlade!  O:O

« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 01:18:33 PM by Sgt. Pate »

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

X The Hierophant

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 03:33:18 PM »
Thanks for the tip.  I currently use the headblade for my head and a Mach 3 for the face.  It would be nice to try the mach 3 blade on my headblade.

I'll let you know how it turns out...

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 07:47:06 AM »
Tim ,you got me excited there for a second with the headblade being able to use Mach 3 cartridges but alas I have the classic not the sport. I use the HB with Sensor cartridges

What is the difference as far as the Sport and Classic HB from the adaptor?

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 08:13:54 AM »
Well not for sure actually.  I thought I had read in a past post that the HB Classic did not come with two adapters.  I will have to do some research on that.  You sorta have to take the Mac 3 head apart to make it work on the HBsport...but not in anyway that you are damaging the head.  let me do some more research so i can better explain myself.  You just have to understand ...that the kid in me is the type that likes to take things apart and see how things work and then put them back together....most of the time I get them back together..... lol