Author Topic: headblade & mach3  (Read 17621 times)

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
Re: headblade & mach3
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 09:42:17 AM »
Sounds great Tim. Please do and when let us know because I am really excited about the prospect of using the mach3 blades with the HB. As soon as I read your post , I went straight into the bathroom and got a Mach 3 cartridge and spent 20 mins trying to figure out how to connect it to my HB. I cut my thumbs up trying to do it too. LOL ;D

I see what you are saying Tim and will also experiment with them.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 10:35:03 AM »
Yeah...I've been very satisfied with my FUSION razors since my very first shave--haven't ever used anything else including the HeadBlade.

If they did come up with an adapter for HeadBlade that held the FUSION cartridge....I'd give it a try fo sho.

i agree with robmeister.  i'm a fusion man, also.  i luv the fusion.  that would b gr8 if hb had an adaptor 4 the fusion. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 07:17:14 PM »
The classic doesn't come with the adaptors, BUT it's my understanding that it will work with all adapters.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 07:47:53 PM »
dude, you owe me for a mach III replacement blade. i took it apart and could not get it to fit either HB. i have classic and sport. so where should my associate come to pick up my money? :x!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2007, 07:20:29 AM »
Paulie make sure you get some money out of Tim for me too. I ruined 2 Mach3 blades trying out his idea. >:(

LOL

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2007, 07:58:07 AM »
Ok you all I have no idea waht you did to your blades but obviously I need to make a video or something.  It isnt really that hard....lol.. making the blade fit that is.  Let me see what I can do .....lol.... feel like im am on Mr Rogers Neighborhood or something.  LOL

jusbnme

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2007, 02:57:44 PM »
HeadBlade has all of you right where they want you.   ;D

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 05:51:30 AM »
As HeadBlade grow as a company,their focus will grow more on large scale advertising and PR firms than the small street team user promotion that have built the company to what it is today.

jusbnme

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2007, 06:53:22 AM »
HeadBlade has all of you right where they want you.   ;D

Hey I'm only joking about this comment I made.  To be honest I got curious again and gave it another try the other night.  I have been letting my son play with my old HB Classic.  NO, No...Not with the blade in.  I had removed the adapter and the blade.  He makes car noises with it.  But anyway, some times I just get bored of the same routine.  Anyone else like this?  But like I was saying, I was watching him play with the old HB and I got an itch I couldn't scratch.  Later that night I broke out my HB sport.  What was weird is that I didn't get any irritation at all and not one nick.  Then again I change my routine up this time using the HB.  I'm usually a shower shaver but I shaved at the sink and went REAL slow with it and watched exactly what I was doing in the mirror.  The other thing that really pleased me was that I shaved my face with it also.  Up until a few days ago I had grown out a full beard but I decided to go back to the goatee.  So I slapped some HeadSlick on the mug after finishing the dome and used the HB.  I went very slow with it and rinsed after every pass.  I was amazed to find that it actually gave me a decent shave.  I can't be too sure until I compare it, but I think it gave me just as close as a shave as my Mach 3 or the Fusion has given me in the past.  I'm going to do a little test in a few days after my facial hair has grown back out.  I'm going to shave one side with the HB and one side with the Mach 3.  From what I noticed the other night I don't think there is going to be much difference.  Or at least not enough to worry about.  The biggest reason I have gotten so jazzed about this new find is because of being able to save some money.  I use the generic knock off atra blades when I shave with the HB.  I can get a 15 pack for $5 at most drug stores in my area.  Then with the HeadSlick and HeadLube not costing much and lasting for so long it can end up being a big savings.  Especially if it's going to work on my face this well every time and I start using it as a face razor.

Yeah, that's right BaldRob!  I may be switching back to the HeadBlade.  So go ahead and get your punches in.  J/K  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2007, 07:04:42 AM »
Lance, how old is your son? Mine is 4 month old and that is a novel idea. Using old headblades as a toy car. Right on.

I tried using the generic Atra blades with the HB classic and cut my head up like nothing. Headblade is a great shaving tool no doubt but I wont ever use it exclusivley.

Good post.

Offline unixchf

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2007, 09:25:34 AM »
Ok you all I have no idea waht you did to your blades but obviously I need to make a video or something.  It isnt really that hard....lol.. making the blade fit that is.  Let me see what I can do .....lol.... feel like im am on Mr Rogers Neighborhood or something.  LOL

I just took my HB apart and tried a mach 3 blade and unless there is one more adapter that my sport didn't come with I don't see how you did it.
Don't Panic!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2007, 09:32:19 AM »
im jsut going to have to make a video and show you all how to do it...sorry if i have caused a lot of grief amongst you all

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2007, 10:10:34 AM »
he left out the part where you need to also have some duct tape to wrap the blades to the HB... :'(

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2007, 10:58:23 AM »
Tim, the Mach III has a connector attached to it that snaps into the handle.
It's a totally different connector than Atra or Atra plus. I have never really tried to take the connector piece off the blade, but it seems to me you would break it. I agree with YOSP, lol.

If HB made a blade like Mach III to fit on, that would really be great. Maybe we can get all the slyguys to email the HB company and suggest something.

Lance, I have just started shaving my noggin and I love the HB sport, once you get used to the feel and movement it really is easy.
Definitely a great combo with headslick. just my thoughts.

Joe

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2007, 04:03:52 PM »
he left out the part where you need to also have some duct tape to wrap the blades to the HB... :'(
You might be a redneck sly guy if your headblade is held together with duct tape!!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt