Author Topic: John did it !  (Read 8690 times)

JohnMont

John did it !
« on: July 24, 2007, 12:46:41 PM »
What more is there to say than that?  Took a while to get up the nerve; did it this morning after breakfast.  My wife wasn't (isn't) too pleased, but she's still speaking to me; and agreed that it doesn't look that different from the .50 buzz.   It doesn't look all that different to me either, though I really like being able to see the completly clean skin on the sides and very top.  I'm looking forward to getting out and seeing some reactions (HEY, now I can post on threads like "reactions to your being bald," "advantages and disadvantages," etc.)  The complete smoothness does feel wierd, and as my wife said, "you'll have to get some sun for the white parts."    ((( what should I read into that?  That she thinks the look has potential, that it will actually look good -- attractive once it gets a little color, etc.  ??  )))

I thought I'd have a lot more to write than this ..... maybe it's just the shock   :o -- excitement, ....   But I'm looking forward to hearing from my sly brothers--  I'm one of you now ! !    If anyone has questions about anything, I'll be glad to elaborate.

Oh, and THANKS, GUYS !    I couldn't have done it without you.

All the best,
John

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: John did it !
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 12:48:49 PM »
AWESOME!  YOU LOOK GREAT JOHN>>SEE TOLD YA

JohnMont

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 12:50:33 PM »
Thanks, Man.   
Also wanted to say, I've posted a few "after" pics in the gallery.  Take a look!
John

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 12:52:54 PM »
BRO I got so excited that you did it..i hit the post button before i was finished.  I almost guarentee that you will keep the look.  It fits you good.  The wife is just having the same thoughts my wife had.  It will take her about a week to get use to it..trust me...then she will probably in a few weeks ask you to grow it back, BUT if you like the look...stay strong...and hold the look..its yours man.  And the public opinions you may get..be prepared for some negativity.  You wanna know waht I tell the ones who say WHY DID YO DO THAT?  I tell them..cause it is MY HEAD AND BECAUSE I CAN!  Congratulations Bro...Proud of ya!
KEEP IT SLY!
TIM

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 01:32:49 PM »
Man John, that looks great.   Knew you'd love it once you got there.  Enjoy the truly sly life now brother. O0
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

BALDANDRE

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 01:50:49 PM »
John, looks great...nice , smooth and clean....

I really can't understand if the wife doesn't like it...why would keeping the fuzz that nature left, really look better?

Congrats bud..I'm glad you finally did it!

Keep it smooth and sly brutha! O0

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 02:10:14 PM »
John, my man!!!!!!!  WOO HOO!!!!!

The look IS you!  You will find that you will get used to this pretty fast.  Plus getting some color on the dome will help!  Congrats!

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 02:16:01 PM »
John.  You look like a Bad-A$$ Sean Connery from a James Bond film.  And dude, I mean that as a compliment.  That is really a kickin' look on you.  Give it a couple of weeks and get some rays on the dome.  I think then all comments will be more than positive.

I went sly on June 8.  I am still getting positive comments from the same people who have seen me numerous times.  Trust me I wasn't getting that many compliments before.

Love the look - hang tough.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

JohnMont

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 02:47:45 PM »
THANKS, GUYS !  I'M LOVIN' THIS ! !   ^-^

JOHN

Offline Itsonlyinmyhead

• When will it happen?
  • Sly
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 02:55:39 PM »
Its amazing how such a little change(as in it was buzzed so short anyway) can make you look so much better  O0

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 02:57:57 PM »
THANKS, GUYS !  I'M LOVIN' THIS ! !   ^-^

JOHN

OK, this is the part where you're supposed to say, "Why didn't I do this sooner?"   O:O

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 03:42:07 PM »
john.... your dome is ROCKING, brah!!!  keep it that way!  it fits u.  don't let wifey talk u into growing it back, especially if u luv the look.  take care & defintely keep us posted of the reactions from everyone especially yours.

keep it sly,

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

JohnMont

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 03:43:29 PM »
WHY DIDN'T  I DO THIS SOONER !?!?!?   :/O

jOHN

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 04:04:19 PM »
John, I wasn't going to approve your images in the gallery because they look so bad ass and would make the rest of ours not look as good but I've decided to approve them anyways.   O0
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 04:35:18 PM »
Looking great!!!! O0
guess you already tried running your hand on the smooth skull... front to back..
you already hooked by the smooth feeling??
Compliments!
Francesco