Author Topic: John did it !  (Read 8689 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: John did it !
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2007, 11:52:46 PM »
john.... glad that u r digging your new look.  3 days & 3 shaves?yeah.... it's official u r an official sly guy. i'm like u; i gotta keep it smooth.  i get my dome shaved everyday....sometimes i may skip a day but that is a rarity.  so.... what r the new reactions from the wifey, the lay-days, & co-workers.  did i mention the reactions from the lay-days???  keep us posted.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2007, 02:43:21 AM »
Weyhaaaaaaaaaaay!

Knew you were a man of your word John!   O0

xnewyawka, go for it bro' ....

His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2007, 08:05:46 AM »
JOHN you are an offical Sly Bro now.. 3 days 3 shaves...yelp your hooked.  Its gonna be with you for life now.  Damn it feels good to win another another one over.  YOur awesome bro I dont care if you are bald!  :o  Just kidding ..you GOT THE LOOK!  Keep it sly bro.. and Welcome
Tim

JohnMont

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2007, 08:06:43 AM »
Good to hear from you ShySlyGuy.  Where ya been?!

Hey Warhawk.  Haven't gotten a lot of reactions.  I was with a group of friends--we are going to do some part-time food prep work, church fund raising; anyway; it was mentioned that since we'll be broadening our client base, we need tougher sanitation standards; like wearing aprons and .....    HAIRNETS .  Someone make the comment that I could be exempt from that! . Got a good laugh. ...   No other real specific mention of the shave, though.  

Wife is cool (meaning not excited) about it .  But our relationship hasn't changed--all is good.    I guess she recognizes that it's only hair, it's my hair, and that's the way it is .   Driving in the car I noticed a couple of turned heads as approaching cars passed me; but maybe that's mostly my imagination.  

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2007, 04:18:24 PM »
John! now you realize it! once you try being smooth it's almost impossible to grow your hair back!  ;)

BigJimW

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2007, 07:10:48 PM »
Who needs hair?  8)

John, you sport the look good.  O0
And you have that goatee and mustache that I can only dream about now.  Maybe some day.

And to answer your inquiry:

Driving in the car I noticed a couple of turned heads as approaching cars passed me; but maybe that's mostly my imagination. 

That is not your imagination dude. ;) You're being noticed. Has happened to me as well. Enjoy it. :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 07:26:55 PM by BigJimW »

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2007, 07:13:03 PM »
Keep on rocking the SLY look John, it does look great on you. Also it wasn't your imagination those were people looking at you wondering who that good looking Sly guy is. O0
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2007, 03:32:00 PM »
John, congrats on taking the leap man!  From reading your posts on this topic it sounds like you're definitely liking it... just give your wife some time she'll come around cuz you're happy with it!  You're rockin' the SLY and IMHO, you look younger.  Way to go bro!

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2007, 11:11:01 AM »
Rockin' it bro!