Author Topic: John did it !  (Read 8688 times)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: John did it !
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 05:12:25 PM »
It looks great John!!!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 06:04:11 PM »
John,,,,Dude,,,,,I'm sorry I missed the beginning of this thread. The dome is looking awsome O0, you are looking very SLY. I showed all the pic's to my wife, and she says it looks great also, and she realy likes the beard, she says you look like a professor, very distinguished.

But I do have to correct something you said at the beginning of this thread. You were always one of us my brother, I realy hope that you didn't feel any different. Keep it SLY my friend keep it SLY.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2007, 07:16:16 PM »
Looks good bro ... way to go.  Now, go kick yourself for not doing it sooner
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2007, 07:49:22 PM »
John, We're all soo proud of you.  There were those moments when we were all starting to wonder.... But you did it and can now officially be crowned the poster child for all the other "fence-sitters" out there to look to for inspiration.  I'm sure that now you'll be out there encouraging the next guy that comes along.. Way to go!!! O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2007, 09:43:29 PM »
John, Congratulations!!

Looks awesome.
I hope you will keep the noggin sly. It really looks great.
I too am having a tough time taking it to the next level. I am now at a 0 buzz, and even that feels too long. I did get some comments from the wife also that made me sort of think twice. ( did it play on my insecurity?).
Anyway, glad to know you finally took the leap. I hope to join you and the rest of the fella's in slydom soon.

Keep it smooth and clean, (as Andre says) !

Joe

JohnMont

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2007, 09:50:39 PM »
John, Congratulations!!

Looks awesome.
I hope you will keep the noggin sly. It really looks great.
I too am having a tough time taking it to the next level. I am now at a 0 buzz, and even that feels too long. I did get some comments from the wife also that made me sort of think twice. ( did it play on my insecurity?).
Anyway, glad to know you finally took the leap. I hope to join you and the rest of the fella's in slydom soon.

Keep it smooth and clean, (as Andre says) !

Joe

Joe, I really did this in my own time. ... Didn't go all the way till I was totally ready.  So give it all the time you need.  With my wife, she's not wild about it (yet) but she's still speaking to me and is still very friendly!  So, keep in mind, it's only hair, and the world at large, and even the wife, can deal with it.  you said that the short buzz feels 'too long' ... that's how I was getting, a day or two after a buzz I wanted to do it again, and take it shorter.  ... Eventually, you'll get it so short that all you can do is take the razor to it !
All the best,
John

JohnMont

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2007, 09:53:21 PM »

But I do have to correct something you said at the beginning of this thread. You were always one of us my brother, I realy hope that you didn't feel any different. Keep it SLY my friend keep it SLY.
[/quote]

yeah; I don't know why I said that.  You guys have always treated me like a brother, even when some of you were a little mad at me (that happens with brothers).  But thanks for the word, man.  (by the way, the way YOU rock the look was one of my inspirations.)

John

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2007, 10:09:15 PM »
John, I am really thinking about just having the barber shave it down on my next trip, what do you think?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2007, 10:17:27 PM »
John, I am really thinking about just having the barber shave it down on my next trip, what do you think?

If I can just jump in here -- go for it.  Especially if the wife isn't totally on board yet. You can blame it on the barber and say he cut it too short.  It only takes 2-3 days to get back to a zero buzz -- which is something else to consider if you're still trying to convince the wife.  Shave it clean, but only do it twice a week, so at least half the time you're at your baseline, zero-buzz look.  And over the next several weeks, you can gradually move toward shaving every other day and eventually daily, and give her a chance to get used to it.   Just a thought.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2007, 11:00:59 PM »
IM JUST THRILLED TO DEATH THAT HE FINALLY DID IT.  I liek reading his post though...especially the one to Joe.  John sounds like he is a pro at it already....but hey Johnny brother ol pal...thats the way to go at em.  Just talk to different people who are fence sitters and either offer them teh mud side or the nice grassy green side..im hoping the grassy green side is hte SLY SIDE.  Just remember JOHN...any questions at all be sure to come here for advice before making any decisions.  CONGRATS BRO your Cool too be SLY!

JohnMont

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2007, 11:02:49 PM »
NewYawker,
I agree with RazorX ... the gradual approach is the key .  and yeah; blame the barber !   Go for it--i didn't go the barbershop route, but I imagine a professional razor headshave is one cool experinece (hot towels; lather ..... ) So get it shaved, then shave it yourself twice a week.  (((that's what I'm planning on doing.  Besides which, got some sun today so I'm a little pinkish on the top and sides ! I'm not a lobster, but I don't think I'd enjoy shaving tomorrow ! )))

Offline Chico D

• Sly
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2007, 09:04:30 AM »
Wow man, you look great with it.  I really see the sean connery but more bad ass thing goin on

jp_bald

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2007, 03:58:43 PM »
hey bro!!!
looks great on you.....really amazing!!!
yreally really cool

JohnMont

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2007, 11:35:13 PM »
It's been three days and three shaves.  I guess I'm hooked ! !

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2007, 11:43:42 PM »
Welcome to Slyness John!! 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.