Author Topic: How many shaves can I get per each blade on average?  (Read 16219 times)

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: How many shaves can I get per each blade on average?
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2007, 08:11:05 PM »
oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i feel the crunch in the wallet already!

Offline bustabucket

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 06:14:22 PM »
I have really thick hair... I can only get about 4 shaves on a Fusion. I should try to stretch it to more.

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2007, 06:45:30 PM »
We have heard from many Sly Guys that they are getting 4-5 more shaves out of their blades when using Bald Guyz Shave Gel.

HBG

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2007, 01:25:29 PM »
Ok You all...I have announced that about a week ago I had to lay my orginal headblade blade  to rest.  I have been using a new blade...and I HATE IT!  I still have my original at home on the shelf and I think I am going to give it one more shot.  With the new blade...i get at least 2-3 nicks everytime.  Im going to go check out some different blades tonight but I dunno..nothing is going to compare to the Original Headblade that I got with it.  If it works ....im going back to it.  Wish me luck.
Tim

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2007, 08:10:52 PM »
Tim, this is exactly how I feel.  I am worried about my first blade change because it seems alot of posts have been negative on replacements, especially the first after your noggin is used to the HB triple that came with it.
I am just going to have to super careful with that first go round. Does anybody else have any tips?

Joe

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2007, 12:30:26 AM »
As it turns out I was worrried for nothing. I replaced the original HB triple with the Atra double blade, and it works beautiful. I get a clean close shave with little irritation.
The atra has a good feel and I am getting about a week's worth of shaves.
I also have been using a generic atra double for my cleanup and face, with those I found I need to change up a little sooner. I do like the Mach III better for cleanup, but for getting in tight around the ears, the thinner double does the trick.

Offline hipstersaint

• Sly
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2007, 10:08:02 PM »
I got those cryo'd blades for the HB on Greatrazors.com.... they are supposed to last a long time.... I will let you know.........

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2007, 02:29:58 PM »
With both the headblade and the mach 3 turbo, i get about 7

KALBO

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2007, 02:11:25 PM »
I get 15-20+ with my HeadBlade trips! O0

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2007, 03:04:49 PM »
MACH III means just that. 3 sucks cause it costs a fortune to keep up.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline John

• Sly RN
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2007, 04:28:48 AM »
As it turns out I was worrried for nothing. I replaced the original HB triple with the Atra double blade, and it works beautiful. I get a clean close shave with little irritation.
The atra has a good feel and I am getting about a week's worth of shaves.
I also have been using a generic atra double for my cleanup and face, with those I found I need to change up a little sooner. I do like the Mach III better for cleanup, but for getting in tight around the ears, the thinner double does the trick.

I have yet to try my Atra blades on my HB Sport. I bought a 10-pack of them along with the HB not realizing that there was a Sensor adapter included.  I have about 10 Sensor Excel cartridges left from a Coscto 25-pack and have been using them with no problem so far.  A few weeks ago I sprang for a package of Sensor 3 blades thinking how great it would be to be able to use a triple-blade on the HB.  Wrong!  I had stubble back in just 6 hours!  Those Sensor 3s got retired to the drawer pronto!  After reading all the glowing comments about the Mach 3, I have just started using mine again on my head. (I was not impressed with it on my face when it first came out.) I find too that it is great for cleanup at the sink after the HB in the shower, but not around the ears.  Now that I have gone sly, at least it has earned its way back out of the drawer.