Author Topic: How many shaves can I get per each blade on average?  (Read 16217 times)

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: How many shaves can I get per each blade on average?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2007, 11:25:10 AM »
Well i posted in another thread somewhere about my headblade.  i have bought it about 6 weeks ago..im still using the same blade it come with.  Warhawk asked if my wife was changing the blade on it...but she isnt because the headblade comes with a yellow strip on it and the others that i have are blue or green.  I will keep you all posted when i do change it out...but for how..yeah..i have gotten what?  6 weeks x's 7 days....you figure it out...mind blowing ehhh i would say so...i normally only get about 6 days out of  reg razor for my face. 

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 03:56:27 PM »
OK Y'all....I think today is the day I have to retire the orginal Headblade sport blade.  It has been giving me a really close shave now since the day i bought it and that was teh end of June...here it is the 2nd week of Aug.  I shaved with it this morning and felt it didnt give me as close of a shave as I like.  So I have to go home from work and get ready for my night job at the funeral home. So when i go to shave this evening ..if it isnt close....I will take the blade wiht me to the funeral home and I will have a little memorial service for it........i will let ya all know later tonight....wish me luck LOL

Offline hipstersaint

• Sly
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 04:05:36 PM »
I usually only use a blade 2-3 times... that's one of the nice things about the Headblade, the  generic atra blades are cheap enough you don;t have to push them so far.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 08:14:05 AM »
Well I wasnt really pushing it ...it was just still giving me a great shave so why bother changing it.  But I will say this morning I think I finally laid it to rest.  Only thing I didnt like was when I put on a new blade....i was shaving around my ear...and I will have you know...this was the first time in 3 weeks..I cut myself.  Damn it bled and bled like a stuck pig.  I was liek crying..I want my orginal blade back.  i still have the orginal blade..it is sitting up on the top shelf in my bathroom closet.  Looks lonely up there...but oh well ...maybe i will attach it to the hood of my truck and use it as a hood ornament.  What you all think of that?...Hey Idea....are their any Headblade decals out for yoru truck or cars yet??  I would put a huge on on my hood.

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2007, 10:33:01 AM »
OK Y'all....I think today is the day I have to retire the orginal Headblade sport blade.  It has been giving me a really close shave now since the day i bought it and that was teh end of June...here it is the 2nd week of Aug.  I shaved with it this morning and felt it didnt give me as close of a shave as I like.  So I have to go home from work and get ready for my night job at the funeral home. So when i go to shave this evening ..if it isnt close....I will take the blade wiht me to the funeral home and I will have a little memorial service for it........i will let ya all know later tonight....wish me luck LOL

you work at a funeral home at night....I bet you practice shaving on the dead huh?

hope you aren't a necro :-X

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 10:35:01 AM »
OK YOSP that was a little over the top.  I resent taht statement....that is just one sick messed up person would even think of something like that.  To even have taht thougth go thru you mind.
Im sorry....i need to shut up

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 10:36:31 AM »
yeah, maybe a little, but you seem like a crazy dude  :px

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 10:38:44 AM »
Well I aint that crazy
LOL

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2007, 11:09:59 AM »
So far it's about a week with the original blade that came with the HB sport.
I am wondering when I will need to change, but from what Tim has said I may not need to until sometime In September, we will have to see.
Also, what is a good three blade replacement that will fit on the HB sport?
Is it best to just order refills from Headblade?

Joe

Offline NAVRN2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »
I use the headblade with Gillette sensor replacements, I probably go almost a month using the same razor.  I usually change it out if I went a couple days without shaving.

X The Hierophant

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2007, 12:56:48 PM »
I know I've mentioned this before in other threads but I can only get 3 shaves per headblade.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong ... maybe I can use some of Tim's razors  8)

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2007, 01:07:56 PM »
I have the one and only prototype razor from Headblade.  They are on the hunt for it as it accidently got put in the packaging bin.  So please...SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I cant let them come take it away!

X The Hierophant

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2007, 01:09:14 PM »
Well, if you decide to put one of those puppies up on e-bay PM me ... I'm willing to spend for one of those super-prototype razors!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »
WEll since you are a sly bro....damn you gotta love yoru bro's ya know...how bout I just give you one? 

X The Hierophant

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2007, 01:22:00 PM »
If you give one to me ... you'll have to ship one out to all the sly brothers  :o

Enter your email address: