Author Topic: tired of shaving!  (Read 5454 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Sly Guy in Training
tired of shaving!
« on: July 05, 2013, 04:19:30 AM »
Hey, I'm Chey, or ShyGuy as many call me. I'm 20, been balding since the ridiculous age of 14. They suspect its because of my hormonal imbalances. ANYWAYS, to the point. Sorry if this is on the wrong section, as its kinda the opposite of shaving.

I don't mind being bald, but I HATE having to shave my head all the time. Is there any simple safe ways to just accelerate my hair loss, or to just make it all disappear completely? Thanks. :)

Offline ShyGuy

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: tired of shaving!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 04:22:04 AM »
oh yeah!!! Is there any way to completely even the tone of my scalp and make the hair "shadow" that's always there disappear?

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 04:27:37 AM »
Employ someone with a flame thrower to burn it all off!

Offline ShyGuy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 04:31:08 AM »
genius...

or I could go for super efficient and gasoline it up myself :3

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 06:39:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum, ShyGuy!....Aside from investing in laser hair removal, which can be painful and expensive, there is no way to "accelerate" hair loss. Shaving can be a chore, but it doesn't have to be....One thing that can make your shaves last longer, which would cause you to stay smooth without shaving everyday, is a shaving brush. Shaving brushes spread your gel/lather/soap and make for closer shaves. Looks great, BTW!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 06:42:24 AM by Bayou Sly »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 08:58:26 AM »
Maybe try and think of some ways to make your shaves more enjoyable.

As I think too much a lot of the time during the day, my shaves are an opportunity to have some time out, to the point where if thoughts come in, I let them float away again and resume focussing on the shave.
Another thing I sometimes do is take it as an opportunity to listen to a new cd or a favoitite cd. As in listen to a cd properly, without distractions, whilst shaving
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 09:00:16 AM by Crowbar »
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 10:47:43 AM »
Welcome to the forum, ShyGuy!....Aside from investing in laser hair removal, which can be painful and expensive, there is no way to "accelerate" hair loss. Shaving can be a chore, but it doesn't have to be....One thing that can make your shaves last longer, which would cause you to stay smooth without shaving everyday, is a shaving brush. Shaving brushes spread your gel/lather/soap and make for closer shaves. Looks great, BTW!

Is that true about a shaving brush? If so, how come?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 10:55:31 AM »

Is that true about a shaving brush? If so, how come?

The brush spreads the lather more evenly than most naked hands could allowing the hairs to shave right off instead of pulling in the razor. It may not work for everyone, but I have yet to hear anyone say it didn't.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 11:30:54 AM »
Shave brushes also lightly exfoliate. Don't think of shaving as a chore, think of it as a challenge. Push yourself to get a faster closer shave with no problems. Over all find a reason to enjoy shaving.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline baldOUfan

• Sly Okie
  • Sly
  • Boomer Sooner
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 12:24:55 PM »
become lex luthor, remember he lost his hair in a sonic blast. I want this too lol.

Offline ShyGuy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 12:32:20 PM »
thanks fellas. :)

and any advice for making the hair shadow disappear? I want that sexy even tone all around, like vin diesel. Lol

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 12:37:06 PM »
Many of us would like to look like Vin Diesel!

Offline ShyGuy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 01:56:59 PM »
I just want that pretty tan queue ball look all over. but that damn shadow is always there!

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 02:11:30 PM »
Welcome ShyGuy!

I have found that the only real way for me to get the shadow under control is to shave often.  My horseshoe starts to reemerge within about ten hours of shaving - just like my beard.  Tanning helps a lot to reduce the contrast of the hair follicles to the skin.

And remember that Vin Diesel, The Rock, Howie Mandel, Bruce Willis, and the other celebs probably have a coat of makeup and powder on their scalps whenever they are photographed, so their shadows are covered up.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 02:22:19 PM by Cave Dweller »
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 03:11:00 PM »
Tanning helps a lot to reduce the contrast of the hair follicles to the skin.

This.
Get out there and get some color on that noggin.
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Enter your email address: