Author Topic: tired of shaving!  (Read 5453 times)

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
Re: tired of shaving!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 04:09:01 PM »
I have tried Jergens Natural Glow as a realistic self tanner that does not look orange. That may help even out the shadow areas. Other guys have been successful with Laser to remove what's left. I actually did a micro tattoo process due to hair transplant scars needing to be concealed. Don't even  consider any hair transplants.   

Offline ShyGuy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 04:18:40 PM »
Hahaha my moms always trying to give me bosley coupons.

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2013, 06:34:43 PM »
As people have said, get a brush, get some good quality shave cream or soap, and make the shave a pleasure rather than a chore!  I don't know of any way to lose the shadow though.  Even with a BBS shave I can still see it.....

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2013, 11:08:44 PM »
Paint your head!

I guess we are all different and have to live with what God has given us.

Offline cuzzin

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2013, 03:05:15 AM »

Offline baldaholic

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2013, 05:43:43 AM »
hi,

what you see as the shadow is the hair below the skin and the roots.
so, the only way to get rid of the shadow is laser, epilation, wax, or ipl.

I wish I had a complete bald and shadowfree head too - been shaving for 5 years and don't intend to go back to hair. ;-)

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2013, 06:13:18 AM »
As you grow older, and I've already done that so I speak from experience, not only will you have less hair (usually) but it will lose colour which makes a shadow more difficult to see. I actually still have most of a full head of hair-recently I've thought about letting a part of it grow out but....as interesting as I find it, others might see a white Mohawk, even a short one, as odd, unusual. Certainly that was the case when in my sixties I began collecting tattoos. On me that is.

Or you can quite shaving entirely and, eventually, you can call yourself Big Foot and hit the talk show circuit.

Offline nyc3712

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2013, 06:49:00 AM »
Chey: you are a really handsome guy. Put yourself on schedule-ie shave 2-4 times a week.  Make it part of your routine.  It will work.
DS

Marshal S.

Re: Re: tired of shaving!
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2013, 05:54:17 PM »
I have a former parishioner who has alopecia areata and he used a product called Epil Stop.  He needed it because he never knew where the patches of hair would be growing at any given time.  It isn't permanent but does seem to slow down the hair growth enough that one only has to shave once a week.

Offline Michael

• I Sly therefore I am!
  • Super Sly
  • Last year's Christmas Parade
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2013, 10:09:57 PM »

Amen!  Just started using a brush and soaps (Mother Bears, Col. Cronk, etc.). Love it! Much better shave and it does increase the joy of the ritual!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090223/sampd7548abedf90277d.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2013, 02:18:16 AM »
I use Proline oil sheen after shaving my head as I like a gloss look , shinier the better  :D

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2013, 12:21:30 PM »
I use monkey poo

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2013, 01:58:28 PM »
I agree with those professing the brush as the means of lathering up. I use it all the time now.

I do get light shadow which gets darker the longer it gets... grrr. I'd love it just to be "uniform" too. I suppose in time that will happen.