Author Topic: Scalp/head is still a different colour after a year.  (Read 3247 times)

Offline Scott87x

• Learning the way of Sly
Scalp/head is still a different colour after a year.
« on: September 30, 2013, 02:03:01 AM »
Hi guys,

Long time reader first time poster.

Let me start by saying that the posts on this forum gave me the confidence to shave my head after starting to go bald. I am 26 years old.

Anyhow, I've been shaving with a zero guard for a year. Generally I only do it once a week so I'm not sure if stubble is affecting my chances of an even colour. I have "somewhat" fair skin, ginger facial hair however I was never a redhead at all. My father has dark brown hair and also has the ginger facial hair.

Every time I buzz it down, my head is just so white. It's almost like I have received no colour after a year. I have applied tanning oils (SPF15) to my head when I am outside and live in Australia so sun is not hard to come by.

Basically, I want to know if I pretty much need to razor it down to improve the situation or does this not sound right at all?

Thanks a lot guys!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Scalp/head is still a different colour after a year.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 04:06:42 AM »
The stubble may be creating the illusion of a different color. If you shave you may find that things match up better than you thought.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 05:53:38 AM »
I would shave it and keep it shaved.  It will match in time but go slow.

Offline Navatear

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 12:56:22 AM »
Thanks for the message. It is a very good thing for me to lern

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 04:55:42 AM »
Welcome! The stubble may be giving you that impression, but even with a razor shave, the shadow will still be there slightly (only another bald guy will notice). The tanning will happen in time with a razor shave, but you just have to be patient. Some  sun exposure will help, but don't do it too much. Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 06:53:06 AM »
Welcome to SBG Scott!

The razor will give the skin the most uniform color, otherwise you'll see a little darkness from the hair (if your hair is like mine, which is rather a darkish brown). My hair seems to get darker the longer it is.

I spotted another gent who was sly and you could see the hair so it may have been really dark roots or he does what you do (a #0 all over).

If your skin is fair, be REAL careful with the Sun. I tend to burn easily even out in the sun for short periods of time. It will darken up and become more uniform over time. The top of my head has better color since my hair had been really thin up there for a long time and sporting buzz cuts for years helped that cause.

Patience and perserverance will be what you need, but you should at least try shaving (go by the 30-day-rule). Since your hair is already cut really short, you can get back to a #0 length in only a few days if you decide it's not for you, but I imagine you'll find it pretty enjoyable to have a smooth head, like most of the fine gents (and a few gals as well) do.

Good luck!