Author Topic: shaved head or buzz cut  (Read 38834 times)

Offline silverking

• Sly Guy in Training
shaved head or buzz cut
« on: August 28, 2012, 12:04:51 PM »
edit post
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:15:48 PM by silverking »

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
Re: shaved head or buzz cut
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 12:29:54 PM »
hey.
shave it off. Once you see how easy shaving is, you'll love it.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Itall

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 12:32:17 PM »
hey.
shave it off. Once you see how easy shaving is, you'll love it.

I agree completely.

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 01:04:24 PM »
Welcome, silverking.

I say:
1) Shave it off.
2) Let it grow back to a buzz.
3) Compare the two.
4) Choose wisely.

O0
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 01:05:49 PM »
Welcome! If you have the urge to shave your head, go ahead and go for it...If you don't like it you could always grow it back to a buzzcut or longer....I think both the buzzcut and the shaved head would look good; you certainly have the facial hair to complement it.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline silverking

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 02:56:10 PM »
thanks for the help, I think I'm going to start with a buzz next time I get my hair cut, but I'll go for full shave anyway. Lots of my friends here are saying to keep it as it is for now, but if I shaved or buzz cut now it be almost on my own terms.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 03:03:26 PM »
Hey silverking:  1st of all welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  Glad that ya joined us.  Anytime one has thoughts of shaving one's head;  one will never be satisfied until the deed is done.  Keep us posted 2 your road to slyness.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Slynito

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 03:03:53 PM »
Welcome Silver...by all means if your friends say to leave it be I'm sure they are making the best decision for you. Good luck!

::)

Offline silverking

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 03:10:26 PM »
not sure I like your tone!!

I'm just saying what I was told no need to roll eyes.

I want to go short myself because it's also easier to maintain, if it ends up looking alright then I'd be pretty stoked to be honest.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 06:10:33 PM »
Hi Silver, and welcome.

Buzz down and see how you like it. It's just a haircut - next time you can go shorter or longer until you find what's right for you NOW. And later you'll want to do the same thing as your hair density and coverage change. Do what's right for you.

But don't be surprised if you get a lot of encouragement to go with a really tight buzz or shave it entirely - after all, you are at the Sly BALD Guys website and we're kind of biased.

A large portion of the guys here saw the writing in the mirror ("The Receding Hairline Mystery") and decided to take control of when to become bald [or BOLD as Kahuna would insist] rather than letting Father Time do the damage at an excruciating pace. Being in control is very powerful to your inner being.

And then there's another group of us that choose to be Sly (tight buzz or shaved) simply because the look works best for us - visual style, gets rid of the gray, low maintenance, etc. Nothing wrong with that either.

You're a good looking guy. Either cut will work well for you NOW.

But know that your "thin hair at the front" and "receding hairline" [your words] will not improve as time moves on, so be prepared for continuing thinning or migration of the hairline. When/if you become obsessed with trying to hide your hair (excessive time styling, combover, drugs, artificial "hair systems," hats) then you need to stake your claim and take action. Otherwise you are being held hostage by your hair.

And, it's only hair. Seriously, have you looked around and see how many guys of all ages are out and about - and carefree. It really is a great feeling.

I hope that was of some help, and gentle (as requested). Keep us posted on what you decide and how it goes. We all learn from every person's unique experience and perspective on "dealing with hair."
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline BBC56

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 07:05:24 AM »
You have a great head shape!  If you choose to shave it, it will look great!
All of us are probably biased because we have already made the choice and shaved it off; the only advice I would add is that I didn't do it the first time until I was 32 years old.  I regret not doing it a lot sooner.  Until you have run your hand over your naked scalp for the first time, you won't ever have known how good it feels!

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 03:55:08 AM »
Welcome to the bald brotherhood Silverking. You look good with and without hair basing on the pictures you shared. However, since you have the urge to go smooth, might as well give it a try. Best regards.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Andrei

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 12:09:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum!
Buzz cut vs sly... why wait and torment yourself with this question when you have a simple solution: get it shaved.
It's the only way to find out if you like the look on yourself or not. From your photos I think you'll look good, but it's more important what you will decide.

Offline spafil

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 12:14:18 PM »
Hi,

I started with the buzz cut, but once you go smoooth there's no turning back!  O:O

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 06:57:04 PM »
Hi,

I started with the buzz cut, but once you go smoooth there's no turning back!  O:O

Ain't it the truth.  And visually there's really very little difference - but the difference in feel is sublime.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Enter your email address: