Author Topic: shaved head or buzz cut  (Read 38835 times)

Offline BBC56

• Sly Jr.
Re: shaved head or buzz cut
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 03:27:58 AM »
Amen!  It is all in the feel - cool pillow cases on a smooth dome, the breeze, the sun - it all feels better without the buzz cut.

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 07:22:09 AM »
If you have the itch then scratch it.  Buzz it first and then try a shave you will love it I promise.  The confidence boost is the greatest feeling in the world.  Keep us posted and post a new pic when you do the deed.

Offline Cesar

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 06:05:07 PM »
you've already had a buzz cut. I would say shave it, worst case your back to a buzz in a week or two.

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 06:10:12 PM »
Hi, Silver !

I'd say that a short buzz would look very good on you.
But if you are wanting to experience the best "haircut" a man can get, then it is time to get that head shaved, young man.

All the best with what you decide,

Bill
BaldBill

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 06:50:41 PM »
You don't have to be 'going bald' to enjoy a shaved head.

From your photos, I imagine that you would look excellent with a fully shaved head.  I agree with the others who say that if you've even entertained the possibility of shaving your head, you'll never be satisfied until you do it.  The hardest part is making the first cut.  (It's emotional).  After that, it's time to enjoy the bald head. If the testimonies of the guys on this site are any indication, there are very few guys who shave their had and they go back to hair (at least for any length of time .... right Doug?).

Better than the LOOK of a bald head, is the FEEL of a bald head.  It's incredible.  Post a picture when you shave bald. Remember the 30 day rule.

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 04:29:57 AM »
Silverking, Have you shaved that noggin, yet?

You will not be satisfied until you have done the deed. When you do shave, please make sure that you are very careful especially around the ears area.

Best wishes,

Bilko
BaldBill

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 06:34:07 AM »
First, do NOT listen to your friends. Don't solicit their opinions, don't follow whatever advice they may have. This is your head and your state of mind. As many others have commented, if you don't like it, just let a little time pass. Or, in the case of genetics and Father Time, let a little more time pass and you won't need to bother about what to do.
My own experience was that I had a full head of hair when I went SLY and it was the shock to others, though not to me, that occasioned much comment. Oh, and at the time I did it I was an anchor on network television and so had the benefit (?) of what hundreds of thousands thought. Again, it was the shock rather than the "look" that took everyone by surprize. On the other hand, had I announced what I had in mind,  I would have been besieged by comments, none of which would have been welcome. Do what you want to do and, again, do not be guided by what others think you should do.

Offline shavedshinybald

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 02:44:59 PM »
I don't believe in half measures. Shave it. The reaction you get will be the same either way so you might as well go all the way.

steverson

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 03:44:58 AM »
shave smooth bald !!!! you'll be very happy !!!

Offline Drainman66

• NY Giants
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 12:16:56 PM »
Just do the 30 day thing, shave your head everyday and at the end of 30 days I'm sure you'll either love it or hate it.

Offline silverking

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2012, 01:20:23 AM »
First, do NOT listen to your friends. Don't solicit their opinions, don't follow whatever advice they may have. This is your head and your state of mind. As many others have commented, if you don't like it, just let a little time pass. Or, in the case of genetics and Father Time, let a little more time pass and you won't need to bother about what to do.
My own experience was that I had a full head of hair when I went SLY and it was the shock to others, though not to me, that occasioned much comment. Oh, and at the time I did it I was an anchor on network television and so had the benefit (?) of what hundreds of thousands thought. Again, it was the shock rather than the "look" that took everyone by surprize. On the other hand, had I announced what I had in mind,  I would have been besieged by comments, none of which would have been welcome. Do what you want to do and, again, do not be guided by what others think you should do.

my friends gave me good feedback though, they basically said I could do either really.
and for the most part that's what people here said.

so does that mean I shouldn't listen to people here either?

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2012, 03:39:07 AM »

my friends gave me good feedback though, they basically said I could do either really.
and for the most part that's what people here said.

so does that mean I shouldn't listen to people here either?

Thats just being petty... that's not what he meant at all. I'm pretty sure that what Blitz meant to say is that, don't listen to the negative stuff they have to say, as long as you are happy with the look that is all that matters. You like everyone else that comes to this forum are more then welcome to take or leave the advice that we give.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2012, 05:09:26 AM »
I would buzz it shorter and shorter and then one day shave it.   I kept mine buzzed very short for many years before shaving - obviously your friends will accept it

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2012, 07:40:01 AM »
Shaved head and keep it smooth.

When I wake up in the morning, I know I'm bald because my ears have stuck to the side of my head and then spring back into normal position !

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
  • Previously known as Chris_John
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2012, 09:37:01 AM »
Just do it.