Author Topic: shaved head or buzz cut  (Read 38837 times)

Offline SlyintheOC

• Sly
Re: shaved head or buzz cut
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 01:05:32 PM »
not quite sure what to do.

I have no bald spot or thinning at the back
but I'm not happy with my thin hair at the front or receding hairline.

I had a buzz cut before but I'm not sure if thin hair buzz cuts work.

advice is welcome but be gentle

I'm not sure why you posted this. You obviously do NOT want to shave your head. So why did you waste everyone's time? All of the members that responded took time out of their day to help you and you turn around and blast them with rude comments. I only saw one sarcastic remark and you have realized that it was just that, sarcastic.

Apparently you have other issues beyond a thinning hairline. Lighten up, man!

You say that you don't like the thinning hair / receding hairline. You did a logical choice by buzzing it. You should know if you like it now or not. If you still don't like it, the next step is to just get rid of it. Life is way too short to stress over MPB.

Advice is just that, advice no matter if it is from your friends or people on this board. You have the ultimate decision as to what you do. If you don't want to accept the advice, then don't ask for it.

Good luck with your decision.

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 04:14:24 PM »
not quite sure what to do.

I have no bald spot or thinning at the back
but I'm not happy with my thin hair at the front or receding hairline.

I had a buzz cut before but I'm not sure if thin hair buzz cuts work.

advice is welcome but be gentle

I'm not sure why you posted this. You obviously do NOT want to shave your head. So why did you waste everyone's time? All of the members that responded took time out of their day to help you and you turn around and blast them with rude comments. I only saw one sarcastic remark and you have realized that it was just that, sarcastic.

Apparently you have other issues beyond a thinning hairline. Lighten up, man!

You say that you don't like the thinning hair / receding hairline. You did a logical choice by buzzing it. You should know if you like it now or not. If you still don't like it, the next step is to just get rid of it. Life is way too short to stress over MPB.

Advice is just that, advice no matter if it is from your friends or people on this board. You have the ultimate decision as to what you do. If you don't want to accept the advice, then don't ask for it.

Good luck with your decision.

Woooaaa! I think you're being quite rude to the poster! He is asking for advice.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2012, 04:43:52 PM »
Time out guys....I think that maybe some of the questions and responses may have been misunderstood here. I think Silverking is just trying to get a feel for how would it be if he shaved. We can offer opinions, but ultimately it is his choice and decision if he follows through or not. I think that Blitzed, like Beardman said, was trying to tell Silverking not to listen to the negativity from his friends and to just "do him". I guess Silverking must have just misunderstood Blitzed's response, hence the "sarcasm" in his response that followed. I don't see the need for us to all get upset. While the majority of the members on this forum shave their heads, there are members who are balding but simply prefer a short haircut. That said, a little diversity here never hurts and we should all just get along. If a member is just becoming a troll, the mods will spot it and take the appropriate action(s). So let's just enjoy the forum and diversity. Take Care Guys!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 05:26:04 PM »
Well said Harry

Offline SlyintheOC

• Sly
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2012, 09:06:46 PM »
I would like to take a moment and apologize to Silverking. I did not mean to come across as being rude. That is not the type of person that I really am.

Everyone is entitled to seek advice on things within their life. That is a huge part of this forum. Even though this forum seems to lean more toward those that have shaved heads it does not dismiss those that are just not quite there. We are all here to offer advice when it is asked for and to encourage those that need it. This is a great forum.

I have no ill feelings because Silverking is not ready to shave his head. If and when he is ready, it will definitely be his choice alone to make. He has to be comfortable with whatever decisions that he makes.

I just got a little upset when I read the string of posts. It seemed to me that he was not quite ready to accept the advice that he had requested and a few of the conversations had turned a bit nasty. I should not have let my emotions get the best of me, for I in turn contributed to the negative vibes. For that, I am truly sorry.

Silverking, please accept my sincere apologies.

theman

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2012, 09:21:35 PM »
I would like to take a moment and apologize to Silverking. I did not mean to come across as being rude. That is not the type of person that I really am.

Everyone is entitled to seek advice on things within their life. That is a huge part of this forum. Even though this forum seems to lean more toward those that have shaved heads it does not dismiss those that are just not quite there. We are all here to offer advice when it is asked for and to encourage those that need it. This is a great forum.

I have no ill feelings because Silverking is not ready to shave his head. If and when he is ready, it will definitely be his choice alone to make. He has to be comfortable with whatever decisions that he makes.

I just got a little upset when I read the string of posts. It seemed to me that he was not quite ready to accept the advice that he had requested and a few of the conversations had turned a bit nasty. I should not have let my emotions get the best of me, for I in turn contributed to the negative vibes. For that, I am truly sorry.

Silverking, please accept my sincere apologies.
Don't sweat it , Trust me some people just misread, and can't have fun here.  Oh well, so they aren't any better with words than we are !  Fergetaboutit and let's move on !  I know what you were saying , and so do other's ! 

Offline silverking

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2012, 12:46:33 AM »
I read this as negative. and I still thought it was negative, then the second even more negative comment was weird, yes? I see my first post me kind of being the baby. I admit that french is my first language and maybe lost in translation. (from laval)
I was more looking for a route to go when the time comes, and this forum made me completely not fear going bald (it wasn't a big fear) I was also going through a time where my fiance left me she was from east germany and she was much different than me. I knew it was right we didn't get married but it very upsetting me. I had the lowest selfesteem for a month or two.

I know I could always give the try. but I think I am happy with my situation currently. but I also know that the time will come when I will make the choice to shave. I have these friends that have less hair but it's not quite at the point that they have to shave I see when I look. but one has shaved and it looked good. and he let it grow back when the hair was back it also looked good.

I feel this could be for me, and maybe I should do this, shave it, then grow back. maybe a few times. then I could do both, and then one day it will be shaved head forever.

I think comments helped me saying it would look good and I agree fully. time will tick and it will be a new chapter and I do not fear it, I am not upset with it. I will have confidence on my side.

so thank you, especially the poster with the ring is his nose!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2012, 02:21:08 AM »
No worries Silverking, as you said you'll know when the time is right. Thank you for sharing your story, even though you didn't have too, every now and again I think people need to realise we are talking to real people.

Hopefully you hang around still and join in the conversations, you don't have to be completely shaved to have join in on the fun! O0

Offline silverking

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2012, 04:33:08 PM »
I will hang around! I think I would be able to offer some different advice.  :) but I'm not anti head shaving at all.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2012, 10:53:08 PM »
I will hang around! I think I would be able to offer some different advice.  :) but I'm not anti head shaving at all.

If you were, you wouldn't be here at all I guess  ;D

Offline Stan K

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2012, 04:57:05 AM »
Hey, late to the party, but I think a buzz cut suits you very well, and you'll look great with a bald head too.

The trap I fell into was that I buzzed my head not short enough for my thinning hair, which looked horrid and made the thinning extremely obvious. I was hesitant to give a buzz cut (let alone shaved head) another chance after that...no-guard-buzz or shaved looks fine though, you don't see any thinning at all. So rather buzz too short than too long.

This is the picture of that revealing buzz cut (sorry for the circle, don't want pics of my niece on the net):

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2012, 06:12:53 AM »
To be bald, or not to be bald, that is the burning question...
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2012, 07:46:27 AM »
Stan,  bald looks good on you.

Better than the buzz.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2012, 09:02:16 AM »
Well said Sir Harry.

Good luck Silverking on your decision on when you are ready to go sly. You have our support.

Offline Stan K

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2012, 09:10:24 AM »
Stan,  bald looks good on you.

Better than the buzz.

Thanks! I'll never let it grow out that long again, a few days of growth is the maximum I can endure now.

I think too many people make the mistake of trying to buzz their hair successively shorter instead of just shaving it from the beginning (or buzzing it extremely close to the skin). Longer buzz cuts just look awful with advanced MPB, even worse than long hair, in my opinion.