Author Topic: Being Sly bald on passports or drivers license  (Read 29952 times)

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
Being Sly bald on passports or drivers license
« on: May 02, 2012, 06:45:44 AM »
I know this  subject has arisen before  , but must admit  that looking  at my passport photo it shows  me  bald as  indeed  does my drivers license  . I have the ability to  grow  my hair  which  could happen with the  limitations of   vacations   when you can get lazy  . Technically your appearance has changed  , this could be dodgy when you   go through border controls  .

So it is an incentive  not to be lazy  and  stay legally bald .

Drivers  licences are the same , although we dont have  official  ID   requirements  whenever I pick up  a   parcel from the sorting office and  other places they require  photo ID  so what is the driving license in the UK  other than a  ID  card  . The UK  governemnt spent a  lot of money  into feasablity  studies of  ID cards  mandatorily  enforced  . this caused  a  hell of a row  . I assert  its already happened  in the UK

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Being Sly bald on passports or drivers license
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 07:11:10 AM »
National ID cards with photos....you guys in the UK are always ahead of us.....LOL.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 04:33:01 PM »
When I last renewed my license in late June 2010, just before my birthday, my license still listed my hair as "black" even though I was freshly shaved...I asked about this and the lady said that "bald" was not a choice on the computer at the time so, they simply put the last hair color listed. When I renew in 2014, maybe the computers will actually list "bald" as a hair color choice (BTW, couldn't she could have put "none" for hair if bald was not an available choice?) IJS....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 08:50:16 PM »
I have a whole series of ID's/licenses. First is hair on head/smooth face. Second is bald head/hair on face. Next is smooth head/smooth face. Latest was 40 days of hair (looks like a military cut) with hair on my face. I love showing them to people just to show of my different looks

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 12:50:05 AM »
All I've got is an ID card ever since I was 14.
No one will recognize me from that photo. In Romania, the authorities seems not to care, so why bother? I'll change my ID when it expires, in 2015 :d
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 02:32:20 PM »
My UK passport comes up for renewal within the next 9 months.

Back in 2003, I was fat and had hair. When I get my new mug shot, that means I'll have to stay bald and bearded for another 10 years. Oh well...

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 02:44:04 PM »
My UK passport comes up for renewal within the next 9 months.

Back in 2003, I was fat and had hair. When I get my new mug shot, that means I'll have to stay bald and bearded for another 10 years. Oh well...

There have been worse fates--you could have renewed six months ago!

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 02:45:48 PM »
There have been worse fates--you could have renewed six months ago!

LOL.   :D

Test come in August when I take the train from London to Germany. I shall attempt to travel on a passport 9.5 years old. "That's you ?!"

Edit: couldn't resist digging out a picture of me in 2003.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:48:48 PM by Mr Jules »

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 03:00:55 PM »
Test come in August when I take the train from London to Germany. I shall attempt to travel on a passport 9.5 years old. "That's you ?!"
No problem I should think as long as you leave the keffiyeh at home in the closet. 

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 02:58:15 AM »
Dont think you will getany hassle Jules from the German border control , they may remind  you about your passport though .

marty22

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 10:34:07 AM »
I had my drivers license updated 2 years after I went bald. My passport is current.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 04:04:20 PM »
I annoyingly had to get a new passport a year ago... Thinning combed over hair included! I wonder if I'll get through customs.

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 07:25:30 PM »
no hair for quite some time on passport and DL.  I need kindergarten picture of my hair to prove I had hair ... LOL 

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 03:01:47 AM »
I was thinking about this just the other day, since my drivers licence photo, I have lost like 30-40 kilos, gone from a full beard to a van dyke and gone sly. If someone wanted to seriously look at my ID I wonder what they would think...

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 03:13:28 AM »
I must renew my identity book one of these days as it is ancient and almost falling to pieces.  I look forward to sporting the new bald look on my ID, and drivers licence photo, as I intend staying sly for life!  I don't however look forward to waiting in the long queues at the "Home Affairs" Office as this is renowned as a very long and painful process over here, unfortunately.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Enter your email address: