Author Topic: Being Sly bald on passports or drivers license  (Read 29951 times)

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Being Sly bald on passports or drivers license
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 08:02:55 AM »
no hair for quite some time on passport and DL.  I need kindergarten picture of my hair to prove I had hair ... LOL  

Similar case for me, somewhat. I've been buzzing my head since '04 and shaving sly since '07. The picture on my license is from '06. Only difference is now I have a lot more hair on my face.  8)
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 03:10:58 PM »
no hair for quite some time on passport and DL.  I need kindergarten picture of my hair to prove I had hair ... LOL  

Similar case for me, somewhat. I've been buzzing my head since '04 and shaving sly since '07. The picture on my license is from '06. Only difference is now I have a lot more hair on my face.  8)

My passport picture is from March 2003. The last time I used it was to cross from UK to France. UK border official could not believe it was the same person !

In any case, will need to renew my passport at the end of this year, so a chance to update my picture.

Offline bigstosh

• Sly
  • Proudly bald since May 18, 2012
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 03:20:32 PM »
When I'm asked for ID, I always make the joke that I changed my hairstyle a bit.  Always gets a laugh.  My license expires in 2014.  I know that Ohio has a code "BAL" for bald for the Hair Color field, so I am looking forward to being listed as "BAL".
Stan

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 03:23:39 PM »
I know that Ohio has a code "BAL" for bald for the Hair Color field, so I am looking forward to being listed as "BAL".

Why on earth would the authorities want to include a requirement listing your hair colour on their licences.

Next they'll be asking for a "clothes your are wearing field" ?

Not sure how being bald effects your ability to drive a car.

Offline bigstosh

• Sly
  • Proudly bald since May 18, 2012
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 03:26:37 PM »
Guess it's for ID purposes, since it also shows height, weight, and eye color.
Stan

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 03:27:50 PM »
Guess it's for ID purposes, since it also shows height, weight, and eye color.

All sounds rather unnecessary to me !

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 03:52:59 PM »
In addition to my driver's license, I've got 2 government issued credentials for my job, one from the Coast Guard the other from the Transportation Security Administration. All three show me with hair and two with facial hair as well. Didn't have any problems at all going through security at the airport when I came home on vacation 3 weeks ago. 
Hair is over rated.

Andrei

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2012, 02:35:45 AM »
All my documents have my picture before going sly and I must admit that some authorities do double check and take extra time than with the others, but there will be a time to update them.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 07:56:18 AM by Andrei »

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2012, 04:04:10 AM »
I shaved my head in around 1999 I think.  That passport expired in 2005.  So for 6 years I had a passport photo showing long curly (think long-haired Sammy Hagar in VHS!) after I shaved it.  Nobody ever refused entry with it, but it caused great amusement to many customs officials over those years, as they passed it among themselves laughing the whole time!

Offline DCSlyOne

• Drives With The Top Down
  • Sly Jr.
  • At My Sunday Best
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2012, 12:57:54 AM »
Several years ago, I was stopped for a traffic offense.  Per SOP, the officer walked up to my vehicle, and made the usual inquiry 'do you know why I stopped you, and 'show me your drivers license'.  On the license, it listed me as 'Hair: Brown', even though I'd been in slick mode for a couple of years. The officer writes the ticket, and hands me a copy, and politely asks me to 'have a good day.'

I looked at the ticket to make sure he had my information correct.   I then noticed where it asks for hair color on the citation, instead of listing it as 'Brown', as stated on my license, he wrote 'Bald'.  I was happy that his powers of observation went beyond watching for traffic violations.  O0
[img width= height= alt=ImageChef]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090912/purf3b33834440fda29.jpg[/img]

Slynito

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2012, 01:08:29 PM »
On a trip to the PRC a few years ago I grew my hair out about an inch...every passport control I went through made an issue of the photo...Hong Kong, PRC but going through TSA leaving and arrival in the US nobody cared.

8)

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2012, 02:03:21 PM »
I recently renewed my driver's license recently and asked about the hair color question. The had a hair choice for bald but it does show on the license - just in the computer. I listed bald as my "hair color."
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Andrei

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 12:34:36 AM »
Doug, now you're Sly with papers.  Congratulation on your new driver's license. Drive safely!
I need to wait  2 years to renew my driver license and 18 more years to renew my id.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 12:35:30 PM »
I need to wait  2 years to renew my driver license and 18 more years to renew my id.

What kind of ID do you have that you need to only renew it ever 18 years?
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 01:07:04 PM »

What kind of ID do you have that you need to only renew it ever 18 years?

I was just going to ask that.

Enter your email address: