Author Topic: Days you don't shave your head (Suggestions)  (Read 19817 times)

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
Days you don't shave your head (Suggestions)
« on: November 13, 2011, 05:59:43 PM »
If you don't shave your head everyday, what procedures do you do to make your head doesn't break out.   :-\  ???

Slynito

Re: Days you don't shave your head (Suggestions)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 11:03:17 PM »
There are times I go a day and sometimes two w/o shaving. I just wash my head in the shower. After rubbing with witch hazel and aloe.

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 11:06:46 PM »
where can i find this "Witch Hazel"?  ???

Slynito

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 11:11:59 PM »
where can i find this "Witch Hazel"?  ???

You can find it at most drug stores, health food stores and Wally-World, of course.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 09:23:07 AM »
I shave every other day to prevent break outs. If I shave every day, the back of my neck tends to get irritated and break out.

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 12:00:34 PM »
TheSlyBear : I know exactly what you mean. i've tried the everyday routine doesn't nesseraily work out for me neither. my neck and a razor are like natural enemies. so I tend to not shave everyday. i usually go for about 2 to 3 days.  :XX

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 10:47:18 PM »
I am a shift worker who works in two and three day rotations. On non-shaving days, as weird as this sounds, I wash my scalp with Noxema. It stops the itching and it cleans the pores but more often than not I usually shave on my first day off (Wed after Mon-Tues rotation; Fri after Wed-Thurs rotation and on Mon after working the three day weekend rotation). So on average I may shave anywhere between six and ten times a month, but I may up it to every third day work or no work
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:44:32 AM by sirharry12 »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 02:31:02 AM »
I am a shift worker who works in two and three day rotations. On non-shaving days, as weird as this sounds, I wash my scalp with Noxema. It stops the itching and it cleans the pores but more often than not I usually shave on my first day off (Wed after Mon-Tues rotation; Fri after Wed-Thurs rotation and on Mon after working the three day weekend rotation. So on average I may shave anywhere between six and ten times a month, but I may up it to every third day work or no work

It seems you shave occasionally.  O0

Noxema reduces the itches? may have to try it.  O:O

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 04:42:55 AM »
Actually, I meant to say every other day which would be roughly 15 times per month when I was talking about shaving more....Noxema also works well as an alternate shaving cream if you happen to run out, but only if you have slight stubble....don't recommend using it as a shaving cream if you have more than about four days growth though
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 08:10:42 AM »
Every other day.

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 12:44:51 PM »
Actually, I meant to say every other day which would be roughly 15 times per month when I was talking about shaving more....Noxema also works well as an alternate shaving cream if you happen to run out, but only if you have slight stubble....don't recommend using it as a shaving cream if you have more than about four days growth though

i itch occassionally so i'm lookin for somethin to reduce it.

i also tend to flake due from scratchin.  :-[

Slynito

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 01:22:06 PM »
I used to face shave with Noxema years ago...I have also used it for a head scrub by adding a little sugar to the mix.

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 05:28:33 PM »
I used to face shave with Noxema years ago...I have also used it for a head scrub by adding a little sugar to the mix.

sugar?  ???

now that's odd.  :*))  :*))

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 06:52:51 PM »
sugar scrubs are pretty common with the ladies and those going for something more natural, apparently its great for exfoliation, i guess it'd work like a natural head shed

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 07:58:54 PM »
Maybe I'm just lucky because I don't break out if I shave everyday or if I miss a day or two (weekend).  It may just be your hair type.  Since black guys have the real tight curly hair, it may be causing in-grown hairs or just making your neck itch because the hair is curling as it exits the poor.  I'm not dermatologist but you may want to see one to have your questions answered properly.  There could be a solution to help you.  In your picture, I think your head looks really good so hopefully you can find a solution to help you keep it looking that way.

Enter your email address: