Author Topic: Getting Ready to Quit Hairclub  (Read 20735 times)

Offline KW72

• Sly Jr.
Re: Getting Ready to Quit Hairclub
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 03:15:23 PM »
Just made an hair appointment (probably my last one ever) to have the first shave down.  T minus 5 days...

Then I have the next three days and the weekend to adapt to the new look...

Going golfing on Wednesday and going to see My Morning Jacket on Friday...

I am sure it will feel great. 

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 03:48:37 PM »
I am sure it will feel great. 

It certainly will, and you will wish you had done it sooner!   8)

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2011, 04:32:49 PM »
I am requesting a before and after photo. Snap a shot how you look today, and then after you shave it.
AKA Gimpy

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2011, 07:36:15 PM »
I'll send you a free SBG shirt if you do it tonight or tomorrow.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline DTrain

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2011, 07:42:33 PM »
I'd do it for a T-shirt    O0

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2011, 09:33:12 PM »
I'll send you a free SBG shirt if you do it tonight or tomorrow.

WHOA!!!! I wanna free t-shirt!  :( How about if I put on a wig and snap a photo and post it, LOL.

Take the offer! 
AKA Gimpy

Offline KW72

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2011, 09:22:46 AM »
Thanks for the offer...but I am going to do it on Tuesday...

My wife and I told my seven year old daughter what I was going to do...she was a little freaked out at first.  We explained that I would still be the same Dad as always...and then she seemed to be fine with it.  She mentioned yesterday that it would be a good idea since it would be easier to spot ticks...that cracked me up.

My wife dropped her off at camp this AM and 3 fathers were there that were sly.  My daughter told her, "WOW, it is popular, Daddy will be cool".

Offline KW72

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2011, 09:32:07 AM »
I was curious if JP was going to go through with it too?  I kind of hijacked his thread. 

It took me about 3 months to go from "I think I want to do this" to the actual deed.  This site has been invaluable to giving me the confidence to do it.  There isn't a question I have had that has not been addressed somewhere in the various forums.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2011, 09:45:03 AM »
I was curious if JP was going to go through with it too?  I kind of hijacked his thread. 
He's only signed on once--he could be back to lurking.  But he said five months since he'd already bought a new rug!  Don't understand the wait, but he's the 24/7 guy. 

Looking forward to hearing your story on Wednesday after Clean Up Tuesday.  You will enjoy this--that you can take to the bank.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2011, 11:51:36 AM »
Steve - - -GREAT POST on why to quit hairclub  - - -The Best

Offline Oracle

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2011, 05:35:09 PM »
You have a pretty sharp daughter!  I was infected with Lyme disease 5 years ago and despite 2 year of aggressive antibiotic treatment, I've never fully recovered.     I am currently being treated for "non-typical" fibromyalgia.  I've become addicted to narcotic pain medications but I still work full-time.  All on account of a nasty, little, disease-carrying, little vector called a tick.

I guess we can add this to the list of advantages to a shaved head!  Sorry for hyjacking this post.

Offline JP1975

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Done
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2011, 07:59:18 PM »
I have been here lurking, still plan on doing it in November.  It's been about a month since I first decided to quit hairclub. I know all you guys say why wait, just do it! and that no one cares about it as much as I do. I agree 100% with you and that's why I need time to come to terms with it. my plan may seem silly to some of you. But it is my way of easing into this. I have been to In twice since my first post. Both times have had my hair cut shorter and my rug thinned  out to ease me into being bald. ( I use the brand name hairclub but I actually go to a independently owned hair place that is very customer friendly and embraces the fact that I am quitting in a few months) So bare with me I will not disappoint you and back out.  By reading a lot of posts I have accepted the fact that most people know about my hair or assume somethings up. I have realized that my fake hair is a security blanket for me. I now understand why guys with bad comb overs keep them...

I have three visits left. I know i will be ready then.

Thank you all for your support . I check in ever couple of days to see what's new.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2011, 08:23:40 PM »
Only you know when the time is right, so do it when you feel you are ready.  My advice would be to do it sooner -- you can save yourself a couple of months of agonizing over it if you get it over with.  Not trying to pressure you, but most of us, after finally doing the deed wish we'd done it sooner.  Just some food for thought but ultimately you have to go for it when you think the time is right.

Offline KW72

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2011, 10:11:13 AM »
JP-

Good luck...Over the weekend I told my closest friends about the decision and they were all very supportive.  You will be fine and the key is you made the right decision.  No one I have told so far has said "Why would you do such a thing?" they have all basically said "Good for you".

My wife has started to tell some of her family and they all said they had no idea I wore a "system" and that it was no big deal to get rid of it. 

Tomorrow is the day for me...your day will be here before you know it.   

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2011, 10:56:07 PM »
Congradul;ations KW and JP on your decision to go sly. I am sure that You both will like the new look. I look forward to seeing a picture of both of you after You go sly. You probably will wish that You had done it sooner. I did.

:)