Author Topic: Getting Ready to Quit Hairclub  (Read 20733 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Getting Ready to Quit Hairclub
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2011, 08:22:47 AM »
  Gotten a number of compliments...which is nice.  Keep being told I look younger (I am 39) and it is good look. 

And it's even nicer because I and a lot of the guys here will support this, the compliments just keep coming--really. O0

And the added benefit for your son in the event that the genetics bring mpb to him, he has a great example now about how to deal with it--the way his Dad did!  Good going.

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2011, 05:39:13 PM »

I am not ashamed to be bald, it feels great.  I am more embarrassed that I wore a "system", but you live and you learn. 

Each day I am less self conscious.  My wife has said she has gotten used to the new me and she likes it.

KW: that was the hardest part for me was being embarrassed that I had worn a system for so long.  I know how happy and relieved you are. I officially welcome you to the "the former system wearers club!". It is GREAT!
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2011, 08:12:10 PM »
The self-consciousness fades with time.  You've also got good support because your wife likes the look.  My wife has been great about my sly look and that helped the self-consciousness go away pretty quickly.

You'll also find that people at work will adjust very quickly.  My assistant commented the other day that she has a hard time picturing me with hair.  We've been working together for years and I've only been sly for three months!

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2011, 08:53:48 PM »
Congratulations KW ....   Great decision.

Andrew
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2011, 06:43:57 AM »

Great news KW. Glad to hear it. Looking forward to seeing a picture.

Offline JP1975

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Done
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2011, 07:05:40 PM »
Hi,

Its been a little over a month since i started the thread. I am still set for my November system removal and head shave. When i set the date i was still a little nervous but ever day that passes i get more and more excited to do the deed. i cant wait to be free!!!.

I have told some family members of my plans and they are all supportive. Work still scares me ( I work in a factory,  my coworkers are a bit less than polite) I wore a baseball hat to work for the first time ever today.  i wanted to test the waters to see how my coworkers would act. You would think me wearing a hat was the only thing happening in these peoples lives. I received good and bad responses from most people i interact with. Based on their reaction just wearing a hat I  know they are going to break my Balls when i show up sly.  But it was a good expierence none the less.

Going in with a shaved head is not my concern. Its the taking off the system and owning up to the lye that i have been living that scares me.

if anyone has new going back to work without hair system and sly stories  would love to hear  them.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 07:17:12 PM by JP1975 »

Offline KW72

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2011, 08:35:31 AM »
It has been a little over 2 weeks since I got rid of the system...

I work in a building with roughly 1000 employees.  I am a Director of Labor Relations so part of my job is meeting with employees/management on a regular basis.  I have worked at my company for nearly 10 years and had a system the entire time.  I gave 4 people a heads up and told them the real story.  They were were all supportive and told me they had no idea I wore a system.  I took 3 days off after the system was removed and shaved it down.  Been back to work for almost 2 full weeks...

I have gotten several positive comments and 9/10 people never ask me about it.  They just say something like "nice new haircut", "you look younger", "I like the new look", etc.  Only had 2 people ask, "Why did you do that?".  They were more concerned that I might have cancer.  I told them that my hair was thinning and going grey and that I decided to shave my head (which is the truth).  After that there were no more follow ups and back to the usual conversation topics.  
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:43:36 AM by KW72 »

Offline KW72

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2011, 08:42:59 AM »
At the end of the day if you are comfortable with yourself others will be comfortable around you.  If you act like it is no big deal, they won't make a big deal about your haircut.   This sounds so simple but it is the truth.  I wish I realized this 20 years ago instead of 2 months ago, but I figured it out.  It is easy to maintain, looks fine, saves money and gives you peace of mind that you are not carrying around a secret.  There is no downside...

Every day is easier than the previous one.  My friends and family have been great and most of them like my new look.  I was more nervous about work but after the first couple days it is no big deal. 

It is the right decision.  Good luck. 

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2011, 08:54:28 AM »
I have been bald for a week now.  Never had a system.  Most people didn't think I had a big problem with thining/receding because of the way I tried to comb my hair.  I could see how bad it was really getting and it was causing internal conflict so I went for the gusto and shaved it off.

Going back to work was stressful for me too but I had over 90% really good reactions and everyone was telling me it is a great look.  Makes me think I must have been ugly with hair.  If you read my post [1st 7 days - As told from within my head for your entertainment], you will realize you were not alone in feeling self conscious and realize how great you feel.  I hope our stories can help more people.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 07:03:08 PM by Acme »

Offline bigdoug

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2011, 08:47:09 PM »
Im currently a hc memeber on the executive program.  When I mentioned quitting they told me I couldn't even though when I began they told me I could if I wasn't happy.  They also stated I could upgrade or downgrade anytime.  Well, it appears as though that was a lie too because when I tried to downgrade to their cheapest program they told ne I couldn't because it'd screw up their ordering process.  I told them I didn't wanna wear their hair anymore so id just pay for the program and they insisted that since I was on such a high program that I couldn't downgrade to anything lower than a platinum program.  Is there any loophole or way around this? I mean I called the 800 number and they are clueless about the contracts.  They just said they thought it was bs that they wouldn't work with me and they gave me a number to rich narcisi who's supposed to be head of sales and services in the northern region.  I've tried for weeks and all I get is a msg saying he's unavailable.  Is there anything I can do? Id rather be happy and bald than broke and miserable with a full head of hair.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2011, 09:05:17 PM »
As I said in your other post, just stop paying. If you didn't sign a contract, there's not a damned thing they can do about it.