Author Topic: ReIntroduction  (Read 14897 times)

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: ReIntroduction
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2011, 09:24:17 PM »
OK !  O0  Welcome to the new better you!  O0  I like the name change, it fits, to say the least ???  Anyway, this is the part where you (can) say, "gee, I wish I'd done this sooner", just like most everyone else who has gone sly  8) :*)) :*))  (It's a very good thing!)

Offline beardedbaldgerman

• Sly
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2011, 09:25:53 AM »
In deed, I wish I shaved it earlier.

Just ordered my first headblade. I can't stand the sandpaper feel anymore (I liked it when I clipper shaved).

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2011, 08:58:14 PM »
Well, most of us here prefer the smooth feel and part of the quest of getting the smooth feel to last is to get the best and most close (close-est?) shave. I prefer to start with a hot shower. This softens the skin and allows the blade to cut closer.  I generally then prepare to shave with a good gell shave cream; the slicker the better.  A fresh blade makes all the difference too.  My "weapon of choice" ;) is the Fusion.  If you're into Headblading that's great too.  (I don't trust myself as I might lop off part of an ear or something.  No, I'm not into Van Gogh :o).  Afterwards a good protective sly skin cream is what I generally end with.  Everyone has their own preferred method.  Mine is fairly quick and easy for me too.
With all this, I sometimes end up with stubble by late in the afternoon (5 o'clock head shadow?).  If I am going out for the evening and want to get rid of the stubble and don't think my scalp can handle another shave, I might resort to an electric shaver. (blasphemy!)  :/O

• Sly
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2011, 06:08:53 AM »
I have to admit: I had let my hair grow out and buzzed it again two month ago. However, now I am stuck with a 3mm buzzcut. I told my boyfriend that I wanted to razor shave again (or clipper shave it) but he said that I would look ugly and he does not like the idea. I even told him that he could help me shaving but he ignored the offer. I am on vacation for another week so it would be a good time to go bald again. I hate having no support.

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2011, 07:04:54 AM »
What do YOU want to do?  We are your support.   8)

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

• Sly
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2011, 09:15:33 AM »
I guess I want it at least clipper shaved...

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2011, 09:21:43 AM »
I guess I want it at least clipper shaved...

When you know what you want, do it!  Tough love, my GSG Brutha!  ^-^

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2011, 02:33:06 PM »
I didn't know what you looked like until you brought this thread back up. You look frickin' awesome with the smooth dome!  You should do what you want to do. Everyone else will just have to adjust.

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2011, 10:05:20 PM »
SHave it now and explain to the Boyfriend this is the look you want. Unless you control his hair, why should he control yours ?

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2011, 12:24:01 AM »
Its your head, its your life and most of all...you are one good looking guy when you shave your head. The picture you posted proves that.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

• Sly
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2011, 05:45:44 AM »
Clipper shaved it with my Remington SCC100: http://www.flickr.com/photos/59680520@N07/6298002685/

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2011, 09:25:29 AM »
It's your head so you do what makes you happy.  But if I were you I would keep that dome shiny and show it off with pride.  O0

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2011, 09:36:34 AM »
in my opinion you look much better shaved smooth like in the pic you posted at the beginning of the thread, but I understand that being in a relationship you should keep the other's opinion into consideration...
try telling him that you really wish to stay smooth and that you feel better that way

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2011, 09:10:22 PM »
My 2c worth says you look way better shaved smooth with a slight beard.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2011, 12:02:44 AM »
From my perspective smooth looks much better and a beard or goatee really sets off the bald look.  I'm sure your boyfriend will get use to the 'new' you.
Roger