Author Topic: I Have Decided to Shave My Head Bald  (Read 13857 times)

Timbo1941

Re: I Have Decided to Shave My Head Bald
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2010, 07:09:11 PM »
Well, that's two more votes for Bald at the Bank on the last day!  ;D

There doesn't seem to be much support for the overalls-and-boots suggestion from pdxtodd - who now has a viking helmet in his photo.

However there was a seond vote in favor from my ex-brother-in-law (good guy who has remained a friend) who told me I was crazy to leave my career and crazy to shave my head, but if I'm going to do it anyway I might as well go to the bank bald dressed as a mechanic and have some fun with it. (No - I don't think he was serious and I'm not doing it....) He also asked if he would get a price break at the garage where I will work and could he have some of my suits.  ;)

So there have been plenty of opinions but I will likely just wait and do everything on Friday after work.

Great reading these opinions, though...!

One thing about it, they can't fire you since you are on your last day.  But seriously, do what you feel most comfortable with.

....... Get your head shaved on the Thursday after work & then go into the office on your last day as a new, proud & happy bald guy & "stick it to the man", so to speak.

Timbo1941

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2010, 12:38:55 AM »

I'm looking at a toyota and a dodge - have heard good things about both.

Toyotas are amazing.  My dad recently retired his 1986 Toyota pickup.  It has about 560k miles on it, original engine.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2010, 09:50:42 AM »
While I believe it's a great thing to have some fun, I also think that it's important to never burn your bridges. So make sure that whatever you decide to do doesn't have bad ramifications for your future.

I can't wait to see the pictures of the "new you"! The courage you are showing in taking your own life into your hands is inspiring.

Timbo1941

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2010, 09:59:17 AM »
While I believe it's a great thing to have some fun, I also think that it's important to never burn your bridges. So make sure that whatever you decide to do doesn't have bad ramifications for your future..

I won't be having any fun and I won't be burning any bridges. The hair and the suit and the wingtips stay on for Friday - until 5 PM.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2010, 10:03:28 AM »
I can't figure out why you're waiting.  I mean in for a penny, in for a pound--why not take it to the bone now and enjoy the last week.  Who knows you might jog some of your compatriots into a move too.

Timbo1941

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2010, 10:05:39 AM »
I want the whole transformation at one time - not in stages. That is what I want.

I can't figure out why you're waiting.  I mean in for a penny, in for a pound--why not take it to the bone now and enjoy the last week.  Who knows you might jog some of your compatriots into a move too.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2010, 12:02:42 PM »
yeah:I can understand that - the hair and suits for the bank, the shaved head and overalls for the garage: a complete new you for a different life.  Lookin forward to Friday though, and seein the new you! O0

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2010, 08:49:17 PM »
Timbo, please check out my comments on your other thread "Thoughts about shaving my head".
If you are good with all that I presented, my only other thought is "Vaya con Dios, mi amigo" (go with God, my friend).  8)

Enter your email address: