Author Topic: BBC or BBN  (Read 22659 times)

Baldgoal

BBC or BBN
« on: July 16, 2010, 10:24:51 PM »
After reading may of the posts on this great board,  I just can't seem to find one about how you became bald.  I myself am now 3 and a half months into my bald life, and I love it.  I can't imagine at this time going back to having hair.  The bald look has become my look.

Now with that said, I am Bald By Choice.  I have a full head of hair that I shave everyday, some days twice a day depending on what I am doing.

How did you end up with the best hair cut in the world,  was it your "CHOICE" or did "NATURE" help make your decision for you?

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
Re: BBC or BBN
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 11:26:11 PM »
Nature came knockin on my door at the ripe age of 17.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 03:00:57 AM »
combination here! nature was going there quick so i just sped up the pace!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 05:39:52 AM »
Totally by choice. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 06:38:23 AM »
Well I'm from a long line of horseshoes so I knew early on that MPB was inevitable. In my early 20's it started to go, by my mid thirties it was very thin on top so I buzzed it down. At the age of 47 I finished off what Mother Nature couldn't and have never for a second regretted it.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 08:12:03 AM »
Genetically gifted for the look O:O, and I really don't like the look of a hairy toiletseat :Xo!, bozo ring :Xo!, whatever you want to call what's left at whatever age. 

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 09:44:08 AM »
Half and Half.  I have moderate temporal recession and some frontal thinning/recession, but no loss at the vertex, so I still have a reasonable amount of hair (white, so negligible shadow), and am probably (at sixty-five) only in the balding ("I just have a high forehead"), not bald category, so  BBC from one point of view.  That's the one I favor.  Am I still in denial, I wonder?

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 09:49:09 AM »
Nature - although I hid nature's toll for several years under a dead squirrel that was glued to the top of my head.   

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 11:19:42 AM »
Nature suggested it but it's my choice - so I call it BBC.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 12:28:35 PM »
Exactly, I consider myself both. I have advanced MPB, but I choose to be bald over drugs, rugs or plugs. So I consider myself BBC.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 12:48:30 PM »
I'm bbc -- though my hairline is receding i have a full head of hair. I liked buzzcuts and crewcuts and kept going shorter and shorter. I was never really into the shaved head look until a buddy of mine buzzed my head without any guards (pretty close to a #0 blade). I looked pretty much bald and I liked the look of it. So I started getting curious about using a razor to shave my head. After a few months of where the short buzzcut, I did the deed and bought a head blade and shaved it off. At that point the I knew the bald look was for me. 

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
  • Hang out with Stevie Ray in my Nations Capital
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 01:16:29 PM »
Yes nature was taking me there. I could have gotten away with keeping the hair for a quite a bit long.

I have had quite a few people tell me that the skin on my crown was visible, but from the front you could not tell at all.

I have a could friend that shave the head and it look good on them so 10 days ago I said to myself, "Self WTF, go for it", and I did.
"Who loves ya, baby?"~Kojak~

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 03:24:08 PM »
combination here! nature was going there quick so i just sped up the pace!
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline baldtribesman

• Sly Jr.
  • R O C K in the USA rockin in the USA
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 04:10:20 PM »
I developed a bald spot on the top of my hair in my twenties, in my thirties the temples started to recede and the bald spot got to be worse to the point that my front hairline was an island.  My brother on a dare took the clippers and did a zero on me. Mind you I have always been a head scratcher, itching and flaking, so I though it would look disgusting.  i grew it back just out of fear and did not embrace it.  Once I found this site and the headblade site, I rushed to the clippers and did a zero and then in the shower I shaved.  i used the 30 day rule and guys I have to tell you that since going sly I do not scratch my head I have no flakeness and itching. And I love shaving my head and feeling the smoothness.  With all my scratching and dandruff which is thing of the past being sly the only thing not perfect is a scar I got from my days playing football. 

But let me remind you guys we are not china dolls, we are men and a lot of us have wear and tear from being men --- we are not kept in glass protection .  Guys out there if you have blemishes, scars, embrace it you are a man, not an exhibit in a museum, for ladies blemishes are a problem, but look at Bill Murray or Toby Mguire their faces are not perfect yet they are succesful celebrities.  Your "battle wounds" make  you special and unique.  Hears to being Sly and proud of it!!

Fred

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 04:20:55 PM »
BBC!  O0

My hair is so thin that it requires constant maintenance and hair spray or mousse to keep it styled.  Any wind would mess it up and it wouldn't re-style unless re-washed and sprayed etc.  BONDAGE!  :Xo!

But not any more!  O:O

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith