Author Topic: BBC or BBN  (Read 22660 times)

Offline phigg

• Sly
  • Show me some skin!
Re: BBC or BBN
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2010, 01:55:24 PM »
I know what the Original Poster meant, but I like to think of it as a little of both.

Nature certainly decided to remove the hair on the top/back of my scalp;  I got rid of the other half.
But I guess I'm BBN.

"Hairy toiletseat", LOL!    What an apt description. 
I don't really get nature.
If follicles die on top, where they're even more useful than on the sides insofar as protection to the scalp, then why not the sides too?  or why doesn't MPB remove hair on the sides and back first, and/or then work towards the top?
Just weird.   Dunno what Mother Nature was thinking..(or drinking!?)
Hair today.. gone tomorrow!  (sorry)

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2010, 10:09:29 PM »
in my case it is BBC. Really Bad skin condition Seberic Dermatitis lets just say at any given second i could make it snow down to my pants. plus the persistent itching now that i am sly no more snow and rarely itch.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike
"shave that darn head already" Lordmage :P

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2010, 09:04:38 AM »
As I have said before, I'm BBC.  Full head of wavy, unruly hair that drove me crazy.  No two hairs would lay down next to one another.  I went Sly on a bet and embraced  the look and feel.  I now have five laser treatments under my belt.  Maybe one more to go.  The dreaded shadow is about 90% gone.  God, I love the new me!
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2010, 11:25:18 AM »
BBC - -for me - - although I had a bald spot which was getting bigger and bigger  and the hair on the dome was getting thinner and thinner - - -- - -so nature did help   - -

Offline Jimlog

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2011, 11:50:32 PM »
While my hair was getting thinner, it wasn't really noticable, so pretty much BBC for me and love it! Its an attitude haircut!

Offline Chromeo

• Sly
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2011, 11:11:35 PM »
I'm proudly BBC.   O0

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2011, 08:04:44 PM »
There is hairloss in my family.  Both grandfathers were bald.  Dad had real thin hair.  I also had a uncle with a bald spot in the back and a bald cousin.  So I knew the bald gene was out there.  So when I first went sly, my front was noticibly thinning. .  But now it is more bald by nature.  The back is bald.  The front is also gone. The top is very thin. I am so glad I took the blade to my head!  I did my hair a favor!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2011, 03:21:14 PM »
I made my own pre-emptive strike as it turns out. I originally shaved for a St. Baldrick's event locally. Decided to keep when my son was diagnosed with retinoblastoma at about 18 mos. old. (He's very healthy and in remission now) But about two weeks ago, after gettin lazy and lettin it go for a couple days, I went to my girlfriend and asked, "Is it just me or is there more hair here (pointing to the side of my noggin) than there is here?" (Pointing to the top of my noggin) Her reply was "Yep". SLY for life, end of story. (Doesn't hurt that she really digs the look too)
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2011, 01:43:30 PM »
Hey PigPen, good to see you post. I know what you mean about realizing there's less hair on top. Since the Winter I have pretty much been going with a low buzz more often than fully shaved lately, and while I do see a difference on top, it's actually not as bad as I thought. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot thinner at the front top than it was almost four years ago, when I first decided to shave it down.
It's not an issue to me and I enjoy having the ability to make that choice. That being said, believe me, once it starts getting really hot here I won't have much tolerance for the hair at all, lol.   

Offline theebaldguy

• Sly Penguin
  • Super Sly
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2011, 07:05:33 PM »
Both.
I was dealing with MPB since my early twenties, in full denial mode.  :/O

Along came 2003 and a diagnosis of NH Lymphoma at age 38. A side effect of my chemo treatments was what hair was left by nature soon began falling out. Shaving the rest off just seemed like the best course of action from a practical standpoint, and also was a symbolic way of flipping off cancer and saying "I'm in charge here!"  :x!

I liked the look so much better that I've been sly ever since. By the way, cancer lost this round. In remission since 2003.  O0
Just say no to rugs!

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2011, 07:01:03 AM »
half and half here

Offline K J

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2011, 05:25:52 PM »
Hi,

Has anyone gone BBC on a first date?  And actselly inpersed a gril.

KJ

Sly Joe Leo

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2011, 12:25:56 AM »
More BBC than BBN. Definitely thinning on top but not horribly. I kept it really short for more than a decade, then got down to business and shaved it all off. I like it a lot more sly than with hair.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2011, 05:19:39 AM »
BBC. A friend asked me to join a charity fundraiser and shave my head. Once I did, I became a convert to the look and feel. I'll admit to having a small bald spot, though!

marty22

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2011, 05:27:44 AM »
welcome!