Author Topic: Is it Time to Remove the Hairpiece?  (Read 16718 times)

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
Re: Is it Time to Remove the Hairpiece?
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2010, 08:46:43 AM »
Hey Cantona --

As a former rug wearer I can relate.  Wasn't it great to toss your hair system in the trash!?   Such a powerful moment to finally be done with the deception.  The deception of the hair replacement industry.   Post a picture!

Offline cantona

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2010, 11:09:04 AM »
Hello again guys.Just got home.Have to see on the camera to find some great picture,then i will post one picture in here.It feels good to not wear i hairpiece.Think of all the money i can save.I have play soccer for the first time in 18 years.Because of the messi glue,and that being afraid of that the rug sholud fell off when i played soccer.Jesus christ i simply love it.What was i thinking about all these years O0.

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2010, 04:12:26 PM »
Exactly!  What were we thinking all those years!   You'll run faster too - less friction :-)

Offline Nate

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2010, 05:22:10 PM »
Sly and shaving

Easier when you get older...

I hear alot about you wish you had done it sooner but could it be human nature and age as a means to let go of insecurities. Rewind back in time when you were 30 or 35 (assuming you were thinning then) and would you shave it (I suspect you would armed with what you know now but surely acceptance and mentality changes as you grow and become more comfortable with yourself)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2010, 10:48:21 PM »

Sly and shaving

Easier when you get older...

Not really. Younger people get a lot more leeway when it comes to experimenting with appearance. 

I hear alot about you wish you had done it sooner but could it be human nature and age as a means to let go of insecurities. Rewind back in time when you were 30 or 35 (assuming you were thinning then) and would you shave it (I suspect you would armed with what you know now but surely acceptance and mentality changes as you grow and become more comfortable with yourself)

Don't buy into the myth that the decision is any easier for people who are a little older.  People don't stop caring what they look like once they're past the age of 35.   And I assure you that if you manage to reach that age without having addressed this matter (and I hope that doesn't happen), you'll be no less nervous about it then than you are now. 

At the end of the day, regardless of what age you are when your hair starts going, and no matter how much it sucks, the cold hard truth is that it's something you have to learn to live with. 

I was 33 -- the same age you are now -- when I first shaved my head.  In no way was my situation unique; there were plenty of guys my age and younger going through the same thing.  You said you have a scar that is 7-8 cm in length.  That's about 3 inches.  Not  huge.  A lot of guys have scars on their domes from old injuries, and I've seen plenty of shaved hair transplant recepients who had scars that were much more severe than what you're describing.  A lot can be done to minimize the appearance of scars; there are people here who have had it done who can advise you.

I'm not trying to give you  a hard time and I hope this isn't coming across that way.  I fully understand your concerns.  However, I don't think there's anything to be gained by continuing to postpone dealing with the problem.  The sooner you deal with it, the sooner you can put it behind you, and the happier you will be.  Make an appointment with a doctor and find out what can be done about the scar.  And then buzz your hair as short as you feel comfortable with, count your blessings and enjoy your life.   Remember that  you're not alone; we're here to support you every step of the way.   :)