Author Topic: Is it Time to Remove the Hairpiece?  (Read 16721 times)

Offline timetobeme

• Sly
Re: Is it Time to Remove the Hairpiece?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 01:36:24 PM »
Congratulations Mauricio!  I am very excited for you, trust me, you are making the right decision.  I think Johnnyo has some great advice.  As far as zingers check out this link for some ideas http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=12288.0  Bio Oil can be found in most drugstores.  It really helped with my scalp for a few days after.  Good luck, post some pics and don't be nervous...this will be a very good thing for you...be excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline cantona

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 06:40:59 AM »
Hello gyus.I am a man from Norway,im 41 year old.I wear a rug since 1992.That time i was young and dont like to loose my hair.In these year the rug is being a pain in my ass.Im older now,but i fear to take it of.Tomorrow me and my family is going to spain on a 2 weeks holiday.I want to take the rug off.My wife says i should do it too.I have butterflies innside me.But i want to take off.The glue is always a problem whwn its hot in spain.The rug is getting red too.Always messy with the glue too.Please help me guys,tupe or not tupe?
Best regard from a man across the atlantic up in the cold north(Norway)P.S sorry for my bad english.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 06:49:45 AM »
My wife says i should do it too.I have butterflies innside me.But i want to take off.

Go with it, go to Spain as a free man, and you won't ever regret it. 

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 07:12:51 AM »
The butterflies in your stomach is the excitement of being free.  Do it man!
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline cantona

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 07:14:37 AM »
Thank you saintc.I am nervous.What will my friends say when i come home.Many question in my head right now.I am not bald all over my head.I am most thin in the front.So should i only use the barbermachine or should i shave it.I think in my head that maybe one step at the time.What did you guys do the first time?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2010, 07:24:40 AM »
Thank you saintc.I am nervous.What will my friends say when i come home.Many question in my head right now.I am not bald all over my head.I am most thin in the front.So should i only use the barbermachine or should i shave it.I think in my head that maybe one step at the time.What did you guys do the first time?
Nervous is natural, you've been wearing it for a long time.  But, your friends know you wear a toupee and I would be willing to bet most will be happy to see you free and happy. Use the clipper, it's what I think you mean by barbermachine, and clip it as short as possible.  Take a nice shower, shampoo your scalp--RELAX.  Then lather up the scalp, take a new blade and shave it off.  Take your time, you'll get better at this very quickly.  Then rinse, some good after shave--and you're free.  If you've worn a rug that long, you are going to really love not having the hassle.  skål O0

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2010, 07:55:57 AM »
cantona - as a former rug wearer I can tell you that the freedom of shaving your head is incredible.   There are several of us on the forums and we've all commented afterwords the we wish we would have done it sooner.   Do it in Spain and get some sun on your scalp to even out the color.   Perfect time to do it.    For me I went to my hair stylist and had her remove my system and buzz the sides down -- I went home and did the rest with a razor.    You won't regret it - and for most of us - the comments from others after we shaved our heads were nothing but positive. 

Offline cantona

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2010, 08:19:45 AM »
Thank you guys.I will tell you that i have think about this for many year,but i didn t find a time to do it.I have allways being scared of looking to old when i want to take of the rug.Did you guys feel much older when you take it of the first time.That is what scared me most.Hope you guys understand my bad english.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2010, 08:27:13 AM »
Thank you guys.I will tell you that i have think about this for many year,but i didn t find a time to do it.I have allways being scared of looking to old when i want to take of the rug.Did you guys feel much older when you take it of the first time.That is what scared me most.Hope you guys understand my bad english.
Rug or no rug, I think everyone looks younger without "bad hair!"  You'll look younger!

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2010, 08:44:31 AM »
Do it now. You will see you will look much younger.
Enjoy your holidays with this new freedom and new feeling  O0.

But do not forget a sunblocker with high SPF 50 plus. Spanish sun shines at day and night.
Best wishes for you and nice holidays
from this side of the Atlantic ocean - Germany.

J

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2010, 08:51:49 AM »
BTW - Welcome here!
Glad you joined.

J

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2010, 10:05:12 AM »
Take the rug off cantona, real freedom awaits you! 

Listen to the guys, especially pdxtodd, he's been there.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.     O0

Offline cantona

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2010, 10:41:06 AM »
Thanks again.I now feel free to get rid of my rug.I will let you guys know how it was.I just take a look in the mirror,that i have done the last 20 years.Something with a rug is that you spend many hours in front of the mirror,and hope that you have styled your hair so well that no one can see that you wear a rug.All the glue down at your own hair after a few weeks.Afraid of that someone pull fingers throug your hair.You cannot swim,afraid your hair fell off.Cant play football(soccer)Cant do any sport.Glue on the pillow.Red hair(looks like a rat on the top of the head)I must say that all you guys have balls ;D that can shave your head.No i hope it will be me.Thanks again for backing me up. :)

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2010, 11:15:38 AM »
>all you guys have balls  that can shave your head.No i hope it will be me.

cantona, it will be you!

All you have to do is take that first step, and I'll bet my left nut that your reaction will be: "Why the hell did I wait so freaking long?"

Freedom from the tyranny of hair awaits you!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2010, 11:30:15 AM »
Thanks again.I now feel free to get rid of my rug.I will let you guys know how it was.

Great decision O0 and one you won't regret.  Post up the pictures.  And really enjoy Spain, a great place to introduce your new Sly self O:O.