Author Topic: Is it Time to Remove the Hairpiece?  (Read 16719 times)

Offline cantona

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Is it Time to Remove the Hairpiece?
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2010, 12:06:39 PM »
I hope the sun will do good on my head.Before when i go to spain,i allways used caps.And i will tell you,that was really hot.Really messi glue i promised you.Jesus christ.I will take it off.When i see all you lucky guys,i will do. O0

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2010, 12:19:40 PM »
I've never felt bad for men who turned bald. Even when I had a full head of hair.

I've always felt bad for men wearing a rug. To me it's living a lie.

I don't trust a male wig wearer. Never did, never will.

Welcome and great post!
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2010, 01:33:27 PM »
One key point - most of us rug wearers thinks that the transition is going to be huge and that everyone is going to be shocked.   The reality - nobody really cares - and its all in our own minds.   Time to get out the glue remover and get to work!   Your scalp will thank you for stopping all of the nonsense! 

RE: older or younger.  Definitely younger looking.   I had gray hair before -- I can honestly say that I no longer have gray hair :-) 

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2010, 03:57:17 PM »
I must say that all you guys have balls ;D that can shave your head.No i hope it will be me.

It will be you cantona, you have the same balls, you have the thought in your head, so now go and do it!
Like bear said; You'll be saying to yourself "why didn't I do this sooner".
Get at it, and get smooth. Free yourself. 

Offline timetobeme

• Sly
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2010, 11:43:34 PM »
Hey cantona, first of all welcome to the board.  Secondly, congratulations on your upcoming freedom.  I think doing it while on (or before) a vacation is a great idea, it will give you time to adjust and also give your scalp some sun.  You are going to love the freedom!   Enjoy and post some pics when you can.

Offline phigg

• Sly
  • Show me some skin!
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2010, 02:51:35 PM »
Hmm.. we never heard back.  I wonder if he couldn't do it?

Geez, I had it a lot worse, and I have no regrets. Whether it's a rug, or hair transplants that require 5lbs of Toppik a day,  ::)  it's living a lie. Glad to be over that.
'sides, I sorta like shocking people, heh..   >:D
Hair today.. gone tomorrow!  (sorry)

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »
Hey Time To Be Me.  Your story is my story - only I wore a piece for 23 years.  Thanks for sharing.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline TGB1

• Sly
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2010, 09:31:05 PM »
It is past the time.
.....the quiet brightness of the city disconcerts. Somewhere malfeasance percolates. There is work to be done.

Offline Nate

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2010, 08:15:38 PM »
Firstly you guys all rock

I wish I had the nerve alas I am still in the phase of what will my family think and how I will get laughed at (I cannot help it these are all emotions that run through my head). Plus I have just posted another thread I am a Hair Transplant victim with the scars of war on the back of my head. I ask this question I know alot of people know what the scar is (I believe more people in America would pick it). Other then that I am wondering if alot of people actually would not know also... I want to try buzz my head down to a number 3 or 2, I am thinning and receeded but am curious as to my head shape and the fact I would be an Asian Bald guy.

I am currently a fence sitter because of the scar *sigh*

In regards to the rug I would not go there myself. I thought about it and its super expensive to have a good one and maintenance. Its a tough subject on many angles when you tell your partner (if she does not know) and your family and friends. If I had the choice and had a rug I would ditch it and be free and buy that motorcycle or take that well earned holiday.

Offline cantona

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2010, 06:19:16 AM »
Hello guys.I am back from Spain after 15 days on holiday.And guess what.I F.............ng do it.I trow my rug in the garbage in spain.And i shave my hair.My little kids was shocked the 1 day,but now its ok.But still it is a little bit wird to nor have my rug.But i can get use to it. :D

Offline reb123161

• Sly
  • I like my women a little on the trashy side!
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2010, 06:34:18 AM »
Congrats. dude!!!  Feels great, doesn't it?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2010, 06:49:59 AM »
Welcome to Freedom Cantona.  It only gets better. 

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2010, 09:27:15 AM »
Congratulations Cantona, good to hear you chose to toss the rug. Enjoy your new found freedom.
Hang in there it will only get better, and you'll become more comfortable with the smooth dome.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2010, 12:03:39 PM »
You're free! You're free!!!

Offline Stormin Norm

• Team Sly
  • Sly Jr.