Poll

Should i strive for conquer or should i give up and accept fate? What to do

Continue finasteride
1 (3.1%)
Continue Finasteride + adding stronger stuff  (like dutasteride))
1 (3.1%)
Cut my hair shorter and use hair growth shampoo (like Ketazonal)
0 (0%)
buzzcut it and hope for the best
5 (15.6%)
blade it and hope for the best
25 (78.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Destined for baldness?  (Read 8020 times)

Offline dave523

• Still not really used to being a bald dude and nose looks huge since baldness :-(
  • Sly Jr.
  • Result 26 march 2009
Destined for baldness?
« on: May 07, 2010, 07:26:54 PM »
i have been here before, trying to find a solution. Still not giving in.Now my hair situation has developed into recess of my hairline (temporal) as to where an island of hair might form in the middle of my (fornt) head. Also the crown is thinning fast since a couple of months.

Question: what treatment can i still try (tried finasteride, and every hair growth shampoo out there). If i don't get something quick, temporal might meet vertex. Normally i have a very thick and full head of hair (used to). Need something or am i destined to becoming a genuinely bald guy. Really still not for me imho!

Traveling abroad 6-5-2010, what options should i choose. ill do a follow- up.  O0

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
Re: Destined for baldness?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 09:12:19 PM »
i have been here before, trying to find a solution. Still not giving in.Now my hair situation has developed into recess of my hairline (temporal) as to where an island of hair might form in the middle of my (fornt) head. Also the crown is thinning fast since a couple of months.

Question: what treatment can i still try (tried finasteride, and every hair growth shampoo out there). If i don't get something quick, temporal might meet vertex. Normally i have a very thick and full head of hair (used to). Need something or am i destined to becoming a genuinely bald guy. Really still not for me imho!

Traveling abroad 6-5-2010, what options should i choose. ill do a follow- up.  O0

Excuse me, but why did you come to a site where every guy here shaves his head, is proud of his shaved head, has more self confidence with his shaved head?

Most of us have been where you are with his head, (some are BBC) and eventually decided to shave it off. Your hair is receding quickly at this point. The solutions will not help at this point, except to put your money in someone else's pocket. Yes, you are "destined to becoming a genuinely bald guy". Embrace your baldness!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 09:23:20 PM »
hey dave:  your post is titled:   "destined for baldness?"... your choices R--- let mother nature have the final word or embrace your baldness and take control.  i would stay away from any drugs & special shampoos because it's only a temporary fix.   it sounds like U R not ready 2 become a SBG, until then keep us posted 2 your road 2 slyness. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 10:01:27 PM »
Why fight the inevitable? You'll just make yourself miserable in the process.

Buzz it or shave it and get it over with and move on to the rest of your life.

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 10:37:21 PM »
Get the hell off that crap asap !!! there are some discussions on the board about those DHT blockers and how they can royally screw up your body....no DHT = no manhood and a rise in estrogen. The other option is to try a spirolactone and keta for topical treament.

Check this out, Dr. John Crisler is one of the leading experts in HRT and overall Male health and the endocrine system.
http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=12510.msg206483#msg206483
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 10:49:35 AM by RyanJP »

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 05:28:38 AM »
Ive done a research paper on hair loss and its treatments. none of the treatments are a permanent result. So if you decide that route prepare for a depressing journey that is EXTREMELY expensive
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline SultanofSwing86

• Sly
  • aha my razor
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 06:20:08 AM »
I don't mean to be rude, but;

Man up and cut it off, its just hair.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 08:47:57 AM »
Man up and cut it off, its just hair.

I agree with Sultan here, that's the best way to go about it. It's the smartest and easiest way to handle dealing with MPB. The drugs and false potions are not going to do a damn thing, except mess with you physically and mentally. They'll also mess with your wallet, a big waste of money. Check out some of the early posts by pdxtodd, see how he feels about it.

Go the natural route, buzz it down first, get comfortable with that. Then you can decide when you want to take it all down to the skin. I bet it will be sooner than later.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 08:57:01 AM by xnewyawka »

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 05:37:39 PM »
Dude... you're not going to get any advice here on what drug you should use to keep your hair. We believe in "No drugs, no rugs, no plugs".

Anybody that thinks they are helping you by posting information on the use of any drug will have that post pulled immediately by me. That will not be tolerated gentlemen........

............ but I really don't have worries that anybody here will do that. Listen to Morthen about none of these treatments being permanent....

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 05:46:51 PM »

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 11:16:47 PM »
Um, drugs are bad, mmkay?

Except pot.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 03:48:47 AM »

Except pot.
nice southpark reference
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 04:42:52 AM »
The very concept of "destiny" negates the possibility of choice. Removes the chance that you can alter your course. It implies that you are locked in and helpless. "Fate", "Prophecy" and "Destiny" are all ways of saying it's out of your hands. They are concepts created by primitive people to help explain things that they can't understand. :-\

Biology and genetics, however are observable, repeatable and able to be studied. Genetics can give us a pretty good picture of what awaits us as we age.

Now, very, very few men dealing with MPB would ever, if left strictly up to nature would ever become totally bald in their lifetimes. Bald spots, receding hairline, thinning and patchiness sure. But full on SLY clean head? Not many would get there.

It's all about perception and frame of mind.

Your genetics has determined that your MPB will change the way your hair grows. But only YOU can decide to take control of that situation. Own your situation, accept it, control it. Give yourself the gift of a clean, clear, sexy, slick dome.

I would encourage you to shed the superstitious and victim filled thought process that is "destiny" and give yourself the gift of enlightened, progressive and modern thinking. Give yourself a new you.  ::)
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 07:46:03 AM »
Except pot.

:*))

I am always mystified at the things that we humans choose as fodder for worry. Maybe it's because I'm older that I see sly as nothing more than a choice. Either I wear a gray toilet seat on my head or I scrape my skull down to the bone. It's a choice.

When I am in worry mode what preoccupies me is at what point in my travels I will encounter the Angel of Death. I've been lucky so far. But today is another day.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Layokk

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 05:47:11 PM »

When I am in worry mode what preoccupies me is at what point in my travels I will encounter the Angel of Death. I've been lucky so far. But today is another day.

Do you mean "travels" metaphorically as in your journey through life or are you being literal? I mean are you referring to a fear of flying or the like?

Enter your email address: