Author Topic: 19 years old and quite unhappy  (Read 21265 times)

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
Re: 19 years old and quite unhappy
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 06:31:47 AM »
According to my doctor my thyroid meds arent enough to cause hair loss and even if they did it wouldnt recede the hairline, my scalp is very healthy so thats not it either. She said its probably hereditary, wrote my a prescription for propecia(which im not going to do) However, I am still quite on the fence about cutting all my hair off. a bit nervous because ive been growing it for a long time.
 :(
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 07:21:21 AM »
Morthen,

It's like I said earlier, you are obviously unhappy with the way you look now!! So if you know you don't want to try drugs/plugs or rugs (which we all recomend you stay away from) then why not try shaving it?? It realy is the "ONLY" permanent soloution!! Besides if you don't like it you can always regrow what you do have, but then you know already that you'll be unhappy with that, because you are now!!! Oh and know offence but I believe that everyone who was losing their hair and chose to shave it was growing it for a long time!!
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 08:03:15 AM »
According to my doctor my thyroid meds arent enough to cause hair loss and even if they did it wouldnt recede the hairline, my scalp is very healthy so thats not it either. She said its probably hereditary, wrote my a prescription for propecia(which im not going to do) However, I am still quite on the fence about cutting all my hair off. a bit nervous because ive been growing it for a long time.
 :(
Being nervous is a normal thing at your age.  Why don't you Google up the Norwood/Hamilton scales of baldness.  You can then make a determination of the relative degree of mpb that is going on.  It may not be sufficient in your mind to do much about now--or you may look into short haircuts, and such.  Remember it's about what makes you comfortable.  At some point you will be bald, and the speed that you achieve that end is not under anyone's control, it just happens.  As  you get older more and more of your contemporaries will experience the same thing--and that may also make you feel more confident.  Finally, now that you've considered the Sly solution you will probably become more aware of how many guys, younger guys in particular, when faced with this issue--it's not a disease or defect--chose the Sly Solution.  It is about you, not your parents, not your current significant other, or anyone else, just you. 

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 09:11:25 AM »
Im just worried I wont look good with the shaved head look. and I didnt like the way it looked when it was short, maybe its just me because i was told it looks okay

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/Atomic9/0d725f39c451__1247793633000.jpg this is me as of now, without pulling my hair back and showing the receding line.

jesus I look like im from the medieval time with it all poofy, its a bit longer than that now, ive been growing it for so long it just seems like a big step to cut it all off now.I like the way it looks long, im just concerned if my hair continues to fall out it will just make the transition even more painful than if i just had it really short.

god balding this young blows
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 09:18:21 AM »
Im just worried I wont look good with the shaved head look. and I didnt like the way it looked when it was short, maybe its just me because i was told it looks okay

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/Atomic9/0d725f39c451__1247793633000.jpg this is me as of now, without pulling my hair back and showing the receding line.

jesus I look like im from the medieval time with it all poofy, its a bit longer than that now, ive been growing it for so long it just seems like a big step to cut it all off now.I like the way it looks long, im just concerned if my hair continues to fall out it will just make the transition even more painful than if i just had it really short.

I can't see balding, but what I do see is something you might consider if you decide to try the sly life.  Your hair appears to be long enough that if you decide to try you could become part of St Baldrick's.  Google it, they would take your long hair and use it to help young children and others who have lost their hair due to many reasons.  In doing so you help others--an ARK--Act of Random Kindness, and you would then be able to use that as the "excuse" with all your family, friends and acquaintances for the sly look--only the most cynical would say anything bad then.  Just a thought. O:O

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 09:20:35 AM »
Try going to this site http://www.baldlygo.com/, I think if you upload a current photo of yourself, they will make several pictures of you with different stages of going bald. Other people have found it helpfull to see what they may actually look like.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 09:56:19 AM »

I can't see balding, but what I do see is something you might consider if you decide to try the sly life.  Your hair appears to be long enough that if you decide to try you could become part of St Baldrick's.  Google it, they would take your long hair and use it to help young children and others who have lost their hair due to many reasons.  In doing so you help others--an ARK--Act of Random Kindness, and you would then be able to use that as the "excuse" with all your family, friends and acquaintances for the sly look--only the most cynical would say anything bad then.  Just a thought. O:O

yeah you cant see it because my hair is so long that it covers the receding hairline. especially in that picture, in the first picture i linked thats about a day before i took the 2nd picture just with my hair pulled back so you can see the hair line
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 10:04:49 AM »

yeah you cant see it because my hair is so long that it covers the receding hairline. especially in that picture, in the first picture i linked thats about a day before i took the 2nd picture just with my hair pulled back so you can see the hair line

So no "hole" in the back yet?  If not, very early stages.  But, the St. Baldrick donation would permit you to do it, do an ARK, and avoid adverse comments.  If you like it, keep it, or find some point of growth that you are comfortable w/.  This really isn't rocket science. 

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 10:15:10 AM »
yeah i suppose. Im the most indecisive person you will ever meet thats what turns it into rocket science D:
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 06:48:29 PM »
oh and no "hole" in the back. its just receding in the front.
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 06:52:21 PM »
Go here and see if that does not help you make the decision.  :)  Do it not only for a good cause, but because you want to.  It is only hair and will grow back.

http://stbaldricks.org/

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2009, 12:08:05 AM »
I personally would do a buzz, and try it out for a few weeks, then bic it it and try it for 30 days, after 30 days youll feel good about yourself and will be bald for life like me, the propecia doesnt work, all it does is waste your money,

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 09:59:27 AM »
yeah i looked at the baldricks website, but theres no events comming up in my area : (
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2009, 10:09:38 AM »
yeah i looked at the baldricks website, but theres no events comming up in my area : (

So, if the mountain won't come to Mohammad, Mohammad must go to the mountain!  Contact them, explain that you desire to donate hair, and ask them how to proceed--it's all about getting motivated to help others, getting out of any obsession with yourself and becoming involved in the needs of others--the cornerstone and foundation of an ARK.  Doing so will change your life, I promise.

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2009, 10:19:18 AM »
Dang!  SaintC took the words right out of my mouth.  :)

I saw that the one we had in St. Paul this past year had 24 shavees and over $90,000 donated.  No reason you cannot convince others to join in with you.  That is a lot of money for just 24 heads.  And you might get yourself on the news, etc.  Turn it into a community event.  Give them a call at 888-899-BALD and see what it takes.  Could be fun, get to meet great people, and it goes to a great cause.  What is there to lose?  And trust me.  SaintC is right.  It is far more rewarding afterwards than what it may appear right now.  Giving is the gift that keeps on giving.

Tell you what.  You get one set up and see how many of your bro's on here will sponsor you.  I know I will.  :)

Enter your email address: