Author Topic: "I won't look good with a shaved head." - for the guys on the fence!  (Read 131007 times)

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: "I won't look good with a shaved head." - for the guys on the fence!
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2009, 07:55:26 PM »
i actually have a nice shaped head "or so ive been told" the problem is everything around the head haha  :*))

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2009, 08:20:11 PM »
I agree...the original post for this thread was one of the best I've read here....there have also been many, many good encouraging posts here about the confidence boost to be gained from accepting baldness.  My "fence" is the clippershave - having the commitment to keep that really tight buzz.  This post does provide me the encouragement to stay committed to the tight clipper shave ( as opposed to a longer buzz) as I progress toward the inevitable.   

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2009, 10:02:06 AM »
this was a great post

>:D
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline BuzzKC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2009, 11:12:24 AM »
This is a great thread.  I have to tell the guys sitting on the fence with a short buzz... nobody will notice the difference if you go sly.  If you want to do it just go for it.

Offline dave523

• Still not really used to being a bald dude and nose looks huge since baldness :-(
  • Sly Jr.
  • Result 26 march 2009
Made a bet with a friend (or with myself?)
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2009, 06:37:53 PM »
Hi Guys,

I have been off this forum for a while and instead of taking your advise a did the opposite. I took propecia and still do. I've been using it for some times and i do not see any reaults as of yet, but i hope it will bring some results. Maybe i am too impatient and should wait for some more months, but maybe i am fighting an uphill battle. Fed up with this fate.

One of my bald buddies noticed and told me i should shave and i made a bet with him. If 30 different members of this forum vote: "Bald" within two weeks from now, i will shave it all off and stop taking propecia for at least 10 months. But if less than 15 vote "Bald" i get to keep my hair and can take propecia as much if i want and He cannot shave his head for two months (which will look  :*)) ).

Let us have ur votes plz.

Cheers Dave (and Tom)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Made a bet with a friend (or with myself?)
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2009, 06:41:28 PM »
Hi Guys,

I have been off this forum for a while and instead of taking your advise a did the opposite. I took propecia and still do. I've been using it for some times and i do not see any reaults as of yet, but i hope it will bring some results. Maybe i am too impatient and should wait for some more months, but maybe i am fighting an uphill battle. Fed up with this fate.

One of my bald buddies noticed and told me i should shave and i made a bet with him. If 30 different members of this forum vote: "Bald" within two weeks from now, i will shave it all off and stop taking propecia for at least 10 months. But if less than 15 vote "Bald" i get to keep my hair and can take propecia as much if i want and He cannot shave his head for two months (which will look  :*)) ).

Cheers Dave (and Tom)

! vote for saving you money and possibly your health by getting off the drugs.  Do you want three eyed children?  You're playing with some important tools guy, unless you don't care?

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2009, 07:01:08 PM »
Hi Guys,

Cheers Dave (and Tom)

If you did the opposite of what you were adviced, who says you will not do the same thing again?  History repeats itself.
For you to like a shaved head it's important to be around people who look highly upon one.   If you visit some hairloss talk forum the guys there are depressed, and it seems like life ends when you lose hair.   But the problem is that's not true at all.  Look at the people on this web-site slybaldguys.com.  Most people here are very happy, most of them are married to beautiful women or are going out with beautiful women, and are enjoying all the blessings they have.

Now I will criticize propecia a bit mainly because this site is not about finding ways to grow back hair.   Propecia can work for a few years, in most cases it probably stops working after 5 years.   What you probably don't know is propecia has some side effects that are likely to be irreversible  Some men take it and then never get a decent erection ever again.  It screws up your sexual life.   Yeah the company will tell you that happens only in 2% of cases.  But you can do your homework by typing in google "propecia side effects" and then you tell me if it's only a small percentage.

I vote BALD.  You should give yourself 30 day trial.  You owe it to yourself.   Man, I am so proud that I shaved my head.  I will never worry about hair thinning ever again.   I'm enjoying life more than ever. 

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2009, 07:27:54 PM »
Open up a brand new thread for this one..

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2009, 01:42:23 PM »
Dp
Open up a brand new thread for this one..

Do what Sean said.  But my vote is to shave it!!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2009, 02:37:19 PM »
Hi Guys,

Cheers Dave (and Tom)

I don't understand this post.  You ignored the advice you were previously given -- went in the opposite direction, in fact, and now you're undecided as to whether you should continue following a regimen that has proven unsuccessful?  So you've chosen an arbitrary number -- 30 -- as the benchmark for shaving your head?   And if you get less than 15 pro-shaving responses, you'll continue taking an expensive, ineffective drug with nasty side effects?   What happens if you get between 15 and 30 pro-bald responses?   ???

We've already given you our opinions; I don't see any reason why we should take the time to do it again, especially when you've demonstrated an unwillingness to follow our advice in the past.  Just figure out what you want to do and do it.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2009, 06:49:52 PM »
Yeah: what he said. O0

If you didnt want to do it back then, why should you do it now just because we voted? :/O

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2009, 10:07:42 AM »
I agree with Raz and Rob.

This is a BS post dave. Stop playing games, shave the head and give it the thirty day trial, none of this thirty vote crap!    >:(

Act like a man and take control of the situation, make your own choices! 

Offline dave523

• Still not really used to being a bald dude and nose looks huge since baldness :-(
  • Sly Jr.
  • Result 26 march 2009
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2009, 08:41:26 PM »
hi there,

I actually like to keep my hair and probably deciding to shave it all off will never happen if i have something to say about it. Find it hard to make a final decision and postponing decisions is what i do best. You guys probably right in saying that i should take control of myself, but i think fate is easier for me. Big step for me to accept this bet, but i will accept the consequences. 

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2009, 08:54:58 PM »
Attention all sly bald guy members read this post and vote your opinion!!!!!

I vote give shaving a fair shot.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!

Offline dave523

• Sly Jr.
  • Result 26 march 2009
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2009, 10:26:08 PM »
Hi Guys,

! vote for saving you money and possibly your health by getting off the drugs.  Do you want three eyed children?  You're playing with some important tools guy, unless you don't care?

Off course i care. Is it really dangerous to use propecia? I heard there was a small chance of temporary lack of libido and apart from that no long term danger. In the libido department, no propecia will pull me back. No problems there  :P