Author Topic: "I won't look good with a shaved head." - for the guys on the fence!  (Read 130737 times)

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
Re: "I won't look good with a shaved head." - for the guys on the fence!
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2008, 02:54:35 PM »
Dave,

I'm a "bottom line" kind of guy and I prefer to confront a situation immediately and deal with it on my terms.  Honestly, the best way to handle your situation is to just do it!  Shave your noggin' get it tan and enjoy the freedom of being in control of what you look like.  O0

Here's a shocker... most people are so consumed with what you think about them that they don't give a rodents sphincter about you!  So who cares what they think?  :*))

Don't let your hair own you bro... take your life back!

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2008, 05:58:41 PM »
Well said Sgt. Pate O0
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline dave523

• Still not really used to being a bald dude and nose looks huge since baldness :-(
  • Sly Jr.
  • Result 26 march 2009
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2008, 05:47:24 PM »
Hey Dave

Howdy,

What a pleasant surprise! You do not seem like a "bald" and especially "dude" at all! If i wasn't a Dutch guy on the other side of the ocean, i would feel forced to ask for your phone number  :@`.

As for your comments, you are absolutely right (well partly). The reason I am poking around this site is to find some reason. Maybe i should post my baldygo.com pics somewhere (before & after) and ask for some objective opinions.

Cheers,

Dave

I've been called many things in my lifetime, but never a pleasant surprise, so thanks for that  ;)

You should post up your pics that you got from baldygo, it'll be interesting to see them.

Wel was really reluctant, and i am taking baby steps. but here is the result from baldygo.com. Pics were taken after a long night of clubbing so i look like sh*t (even more so than normal):
Before:

After:

(Photo's were taken a year ago. My hair is longer now.)

Btw recently i had a night of playing poker with my buddies (the ones i used to joke about their mpb). After some beers i told them that i thought my hair was thinning and might be going bald. They gave me a hard time  :*)) ("carma", "justice", "finally ur one of us"  O0 etc), but i think i had that coming.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2008, 07:17:44 PM »
Why would YOU NOT WANT TO GO SLY, bro?   You can really rock the look!
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2008, 07:42:40 PM »
Just do it.....you'll be glad you did..... ;D

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2008, 07:44:20 PM »
Go for it Dave
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

GASlick

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2008, 09:31:24 PM »
Look awesome Dave.  Go for it.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2008, 10:32:39 PM »
The photo looks good.  I'm betting it will look better in real life!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2008, 10:41:17 PM »
First off you would look great bald...

secondly, I think you'd look way better than the photoshop job...

I think your head is small than that!

I say get loaded one night and have your bald buddies you harrassed get YOU back and skin you bald like them..

it would be  a cool way for you to get to the sly side and for them to get YOU back! ;)

I say go for it bro!

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2008, 10:43:19 PM »
Go for it!  O0

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2008, 03:27:33 AM »
Hey Dave

Howdy,

What a pleasant surprise! You do not seem like a "bald" and especially "dude" at all! If i wasn't a Dutch guy on the other side of the ocean, i would feel forced to ask for your phone number  :@`.

As for your comments, you are absolutely right (well partly). The reason I am poking around this site is to find some reason. Maybe i should post my baldygo.com pics somewhere (before & after) and ask for some objective opinions.

Cheers,

Dave

I've been called many things in my lifetime, but never a pleasant surprise, so thanks for that  ;)

You should post up your pics that you got from baldygo, it'll be interesting to see them.

Wel was really reluctant, and i am taking baby steps. but here is the result from baldygo.com. Pics were taken after a long night of clubbing so i look like sh*t (even more so than normal):
Before:

After:

(Photo's were taken a year ago. My hair is longer now.)

Btw recently i had a night of playing poker with my buddies (the ones i used to joke about their mpb). After some beers i told them that i thought my hair was thinning and might be going bald. They gave me a hard time  :*)) ("carma", "justice", "finally ur one of us"  O0 etc), but i think i had that coming.

Hi Dave  :)

I'm sure you realise that your baldygo picture is just to give you a general idea of what you'd look like.
I'm with Andre on this.. your head would look smaller in real life and of course, you'd have a much
more even skin tone (once you got a little sun to your head) IMHO, if you were to ditch the thinning hair
it would draw a lot more attention to your beautiful baby blues - and that's a good thing!
If I've said it already, I'll say it again, your eyes are amazing!  :@`

Baby steps are definitely the right way to go about things.. I think in your case that if you  gradually
take your hair down little by little it'll seem less 'dramatic' and not such a shock to the system.
Plucking up the courage to actually take the plunge I think is the hardest thing for you. For some
it's easy,  for others it's not. There are plenty of guys on here that have had that same problem.

From a womans perspective.. men with long(ish) hair that are rapidly thinning do not look good!
And us women can notice it!

Oh -  as far as your mates are concerned... haha, you certainly did have it coming!  ;D
I'm sure they're secretly pleased that you're gonna be in their 'club' though  ;)
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2008, 08:04:58 AM »
you look great with that sly look now wear it with pride

@c3
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline john05

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2008, 06:55:58 AM »
socctty, well said i'm off to shave thanks mate for the final push.

Offline Michael

• I Sly therefore I am!
  • Super Sly
  • Last year's Christmas Parade
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2009, 10:50:55 AM »
You won't know until you have tried, and given it some time.  Keep it sly for a month and then decide.  The boost in self is well worth it! 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090223/sampd7548abedf90277d.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2009, 07:07:09 PM »
When I was growing up, my brother and sister had me convinced that I had a large abnormally shaped head.  It stuck and I thought this for years. 
But after shaving my dome, I have gotten many compliments on my head shape.  I was told I have the Michael Jordan headshape, which I take as a huge compliment. 
So if you think you've got a really weird head shape it's probably "in your head." 
Sorry for the bad pun.   
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]